So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

On 01/10/2023 at 09:46, RAM1966 said:

I remember us 1 up 30 mins into a game, we had the ball, thier keeper was well off his line and out of the box.  Coutts ran the ball to the corner flag to waste time at home with an hour of football still to play, rather than shooting at distance at an open goal. 

Clough stood on the sidelines clapping, that summed up his lack of ambition and his negativity.  Thats why attendances dropped, not fickle fans, just ones who could not believe a team at home would be wasting time rather than take a shot at an open goal....

I missed games because of this sort of thing. So did thousands of others 👏

15 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Warne isn’t going anywhere soon. When he does it’s Nathan Jones as a replacement. 
Overheard in the concourse yesterday. 

So if Warne isn’t going anywhere soon, does that mean Nathan Jones could hypothetically wait the rest of his (or Warne’s) life for the job?

Reminds me of my Liverpool supporting mate who “guaranteed” that Liverpool and Rangers married up Klopp & Gerrard’s contracts so that Gerrard could replace Klopp. Obviously football doesn’t work that way!

Whilst I liked him at Aston Villa Dean Smith was awful at Norwich. Genuinely not exaggerating when I say his interviews were toxic and he obviously didn’t care one bit. Very odd compared to his time at Villa and Brentford. 

Warnock would be great fun for a year - could we get him to support Warne a la El Tel with Bryan Robson at Middlesbrough (before they were ****s) 

Dont like the sound of Nathan Jones

Would love Lee Carsley 

Jody Morris is potentially very exciting 

Would even be happy with Gillette features himself - Mac 3 

I

Anyone who has shown experience of:

1) Playing an attractive form of football, ideally 433

2) Using players to their strengths, not just trying to shoehorn them into a formation.

3) Using young players coming up through the ranks. No point having a Cat 1 Academy otherwise.

I don't maintain any interest in football other than Derby anymore, so I can't tell you who might be that man. Hopefully though there is someone out there who could come in sometime soon and make the difference (if Warne doesn't get a grip over the coming weeks).