Who could be our Didzy?

CBRammette

22 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

This is not about Didzy replacements but who of players who have left us or are Derby fans perhaps would you like to see drop down a little and help us get back up there? Indeed are there any? 
My main one would be Will Hughes

I know what you are saying but football has taken another turn against sentiment, when players like Henderson at Liverpool are stepping down from premiership football for a tax free holiday in Arabia for £700,000 per week it’s hard to see someone we like or want signing up for £4,000-£10,000 pre week taxed at 45% for the effort of 50 games a season where people kick you. For me I would have liked to see the youngsters we had all come together to see how they would have been as an adult team together but sadly that ship has passed.

47 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

This is not about Didzy replacements but who of players who have left us or are Derby fans perhaps would you like to see drop down a little and help us get back up there? Indeed are there any? 
My main one would be Will Hughes

I think, taking this in the manner it was intended, Will Hughes would be the one for that “romantic homecoming”. We scrape through promotion this season and the rebuild is on once more for 2024/25 in the championship, Hourihane says he’s off to coach Villa’s kids full time, Smith decides he’s retiring to open a Farm Shop in the Yorkshire Dales, we need an experienced player to play alongside Max Bird and his shiny new contract, and Will Hughes says “I’m your man, I’ve done my premier league tour, I’m coming home!”

Swiftly followed by Festy, Kaide Gordon, Kellyman, Liam Delap and….Chris Martin in a player coach role. 

18 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think, taking this in the manner it was intended, Will Hughes would be the one for that “romantic homecoming”. We scrape through promotion this season and the rebuild is on once more for 2024/25 in the championship, Hourihane says he’s off to coach Villa’s kids full time, Smith decides he’s retiring to open a Farm Shop in the Yorkshire Dales, we need an experienced player to play alongside Max Bird and his shiny new contract, and Will Hughes says “I’m your man, I’ve done my premier league tour, I’m coming home!”

Swiftly followed by Festy, Kaide Gordon, Kellyman, Liam Delap and….Chris Martin in a player coach role. 

Mac5 to oversee it all?

7 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

It doesn't seem to be enough for anyone else at this juncture either.

Nor Sharp either, but the window is still open. Huddlestone sat out a season, Didzy was going to, perhaps it's the done thing to allow an old players body to recuperate! 😄

10 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Archie Brown, Kain Ryan, Malachi Sharp, James Scanlon and Sekou Kaba being a few others to slip away.

18 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Scoring goals and making assists, and being an intelligent footballer just isn't enough for Warney.

Nope, neither are 34 year old free agents who haven't played a competitive match since June

Edited by BaaLocks

• 2 weeks later...