I miss the unknown player

RYRAM

57 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I miss Wanchope, Asanovic, Idiakez, Bisgaard, Christie, Delap and Rasiak.

I don't miss Solis, Feilharber, Blatsis,  and the Polish fella that Jewell assured us had a shot like a cannon but turned like a canal barge in crisis.

Happened to see Highlights of Miami v Charlotte last night. Charlotte had Joswiak playing left back. 

Even the Americans have figured out he's hopeless as a winger.

8 hours ago, RYRAM said:

I understand we are in L1 and it would seem we have very little to spend(understandable after our situation)

But I miss the unknown player that striker from the lower leagues of Argentina or the young CM playing in Spain top  B teams. I guess we don't scout there just dreaming I guess lol 

Brexit put paid to that.

15 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As I understood it, we have been unable to bring in or register any players from outside the UK whilst the Jozwiak fee was unpaid.

That could have bearing on it, or, we just don't look outside a set geographical belt as per usual like the last 10 years.

Im fine with us staying in our safety belt if our last two overseas investments are anything to go by .. kamil joswiak and abdul camera lol

On 13/08/2023 at 17:56, RYRAM said:

I understand we are in L1 and it would seem we have very little to spend(understandable after our situation)

But I miss the unknown player that striker from the lower leagues of Argentina or the young CM playing in Spain top  B teams. I guess we don't scout there just dreaming I guess lol 

I’ve heard on the quiet that apparently we have a few scouts in the Rotherham area of the British Isles. Perhaps they’ll be able to unearth a gem from there?

44 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Who was the last good signing we made from outside the UK and Ireland? I'm sure I'm missing somebody, but I'm finding myself going all the way back to Reich, Raziak and Idiakez which is ridiculous really.

Alberto Bueno was decent for a short while (playing in a 4 of Cywka, Commons, Bueno, Kuqi) , not many others are coming to mind 😂

54 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Who was the last good signing we made from outside the UK and Ireland? I'm sure I'm missing somebody, but I'm finding myself going all the way back to Reich, Raziak and Idiakez which is ridiculous really.

Kazim Richards played for Turkey about 30 times.

His last club was a Mexican one I believe too before becoming a free agent. 

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

Think Albentosa was poor scouting.

Came from an Eibar side that defended deep and was signed to play in a high-line.

His only good game for us was when Norwich had us under the cosh for 89 minutes and we fluked a 1-1.

Can you imagine trying to learn the lingo and game and having hyperactive Richard as your partner to learn from .  I remember one game where he was in a great position to tackle. Keogh screamed at him, pointed for him to get back on the line-which he did, then Keogh slid from one side of the box to the other, got sidestepped and the bloke poked it in the opposite corner that he'd just ran from.  Poor Raul looked like he'd been slapped in the face.  I felt a bit sorry for him on occasion.