Misunderstood or Misheard Chants...

LN747

Anyone else had this hilarious problem, or is it just i?

Yes you've guessed it , you hear a chant and get the words wrong which can cause an awful lot of gaffawing amongst your family when you sing it out in the shower , in the south stand toilets or in the que for a veggie falafeal  wrap at Forests Green Rovers.

So as a starter for 10 i have been thinking that the NML chant goes...."he's got no neck but he's got a massive hand"

Also thought the Cashin song went "his calves really massive..."

But the one that creases me the most is the time i was sat next to a young whipper snapper at the playoffs v Brighton- we were all singing Que sera sera, but this lado was singing Say sarah sarah - oh how we laughed...so much so i dropped my cheese and broccoli quiche and chicken and mushroom vol au vonts on the steps of the north stand, terrible mess...

Smashing BHA in the playoffs, good times , oh how i long for those days of Hughes Hendrix, Bryson , Russell......

8 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Yeh this one

DCFCFANS is the host

All the members are able to post

There's still some players who's heads do swivel

Another thread that's full of drivel 

Brilliant, That is the new chant everyone has been asking for!!!
South stand take it away  

4 hours ago, LN747 said:

Yes you've guessed it , you hear a chant and get the words wrong which can cause an awful lot of gaffawing amongst your family when you sing it out in the shower , in the south stand toilets or in the que for a veggie falafeal  wrap at Forests Green Rovers.

So as a starter for 10 i have been thinking that the NML chant goes...."he's got no neck but he's got a massive hand"

But the one that creases me the most is the time i was sat next to a young whipper snapper at the playoffs v Brighton- we were all singing Que sera sera, but this lado was singing Say sarah sarah - oh how we laughed...so much so i dropped my cheese and broccoli quiche and chicken and mushroom vol au vonts on the steps of the north stand, terrible mess...

Smashing BHA in the playoffs, good times , oh how i long for those days of Hughes Hendrix, Bryson , Russell......

Jimi played for us? No wonder the chants are a mess 

16 hours ago, LN747 said:

The original suggestion for the Cashin chant WAS about his calves (which would have been witty) until the South Stand got hold of it.

Now it's just banal.

There are a couple of “translations” I used to do to for my lad when naughty words were shouted and he wanted to know what was being said

One was “your support is f*****g s**t” was translated into “your supporters come in ships”

He didn’t seem to cotton on to the meaningless nature of the translations for years…

5 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

There are a couple of “translations” I used to do to for my lad when naughty words were shouted and he wanted to know what was being said

One was “your support is f*****g s**t” was translated into “your supporters come in ships”

He didn’t seem to cotton on to the meaningless nature of the translations for years…

Funny how the same applies to song lyrics I never cared to figure out as a kid...

At least your "come in ships" explanation could have been plausible for matches vs. Southampton, Middlesbrough, Hull etc. Useful general knowledge you'd be imparting there too 🤣