Is Warne living on borrowed time?

After that performance undoubtedly yes - I don’t care how early it is 3 defeats at home is very concerning. 

And if you take into consideration that it’s 1 win at home out of 9 then it’s even more concerning.

But his  the game was the most concerning thing - he actually said at times we were excellent ??

19 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Clowes poised over the sack button 

IMG_1499.gif

Clowes has given Warne and his staff 4 years to establish us in the Championship. He has not been here a year yet. He is going nowhere, even with Darren Moore in the stands. Recruitment team have to look at themselves in the mirror.

Is very much under pressure now. Even the radio derby coverage felt different on the way home. Ed Dawes actually asked questions rather than just waiting for jokes.

think if we’re not in or around top six after ten games will be gone. 

get peoples point about patience, but must also be an acceptance that at some point maybe just wasn’t the right appointment. Let’s see how we react Saturday. The two away games after look tough also.

16 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

He absolutely lost me when he said we might not have as good a team as Oxford.

f*** me he hasn't really said that has he? Oxford have better players and a better team than us?

We've put our focus on signing players who, paraphrasing his words, you wouldn't expect to playing in League One because they're capable of better than that... and Oxford who finished NINETEENTH last season have a better team than us? After we've recruited players with a budget which the chairman thinks is good enough for promotion?

The amount of s*** coming out of PWs mouth is becoming unacceptable

..that said I'm basing this entirely on things I haven't heard so I realise I will look a d******* if that isn't what's actually been said.

37 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The OP mentioned 3 of the worst performances at home in the past 50 years were under PW.

And I said I recall equally poor home performances under PJ to compare and contrast. 

Don't understand your point? Unless Adebayor, Petrov etc ever played in League 1. 

Compare apples with apples. We have a league 1 squad playing in League 1. 

True but back then we had a midtable championship side playing in the prem…

Just now, Kokosnuss said:

f*** me he hasn't really said that has he? Oxford have better players and a better team than us?

We've put our focus on signing players who, paraphrasing his words, you wouldn't expect to playing in League One because they're capable of better than that... and Oxford who finished NINETEENTH last season have a better team than us? After we've recruited players with a budget which the chairman thinks is good enough for promotion?

The amount of s*** coming out of PWs mouth is becoming unacceptable

..that said I'm basing this entirely on things I haven't heard so I realise I will look a d******* if that isn't what's actually been said.

He said it, radio derby interview.

30 minutes ago, Andicis said:

And if you do that, unsurprisingly the numbers look better and not "relegation form". 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses. Losses to Wigan, Oxford, Ipswich and Wednesday. The end of last season wasn't that bad. 

We went from comfortably 4th to 7th giving up a 7 point cushion in doing so…

42 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Honestly think if someone said the grass was green on here you'd call it laughable because there's so many shades of green 

Any possible suggestion that warne isn’t the messiah is instantly shot down!

even warne himself acknowledged was some issues tonight. Still some on here think all is going to plan.

I think I’m done with the Warne experience, personally. I think he talks a good game and believe he genuinely has a good understanding of the game, but I’m not sure he knows exactly how to implement it. 

Everything he’s said and everything he’s done is almost at odds with each other - now he’s talking in riddles and the cloud over the club is ever-growing and ever-present. 

Clowes needs to ask himself that if his life was on it, would he bank on this recruitment staff and management team building a side could sustain a top 10 finish in the Championship within the next 5 years. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

We went from comfortably 4th to 7th giving up a 7 point cushion in doing so…

Yeah, we had a s*** March. We were never comfortably 4th, Bolton were almost always close behind us, and we fell at the last hurdle, but we clearly and demonstrably improved from March to April. 

Remember a few weeks ago when there was rumours that Warne had left? Makes you think, did something kick off? I can’t believe how dysfunctional this team/squad is. Something isn’t right. We declined a little last season to miss out. But there are no explanations for the nervousness, the lack of ideas, the lack of anything in regards performances. Strange times.
He’s bigging Oxford up, but they lost their first 2 games too so can’t be that good. He has to switch to a back 4, it’s not working, but what a waste of a pre season that is when we’ve spent the whole time prepping to play with a 3. He’s under big pressure now for me. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Yeah, we had a s*** March. We were never comfortably 4th, Bolton were almost always close behind us, and we fell at the last hurdle, but we clearly and demonstrably improved from March to April. 

We were 7 points clear of 7th and there was talk of an assault on autos… 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Didn't he go from a back 4 to a back 3? Seem to remember him shoehorning Davies in, but might have made that up.

Didn't we break some kind of clean sheet record too, before he decided it needed changing?