Is Warne living on borrowed time?

7 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Sign players who may not be nice guys and might swag walk into training listening to 50 Cent booming out the Mclaren but can score and have the right attributes e.g pace, touch and athleticism but caveat that by warning no bull will be tolerated. 

Sign players with bags of pace and athleticism and maybe only average skill level and young and unproven but with the potential to be very effective like an Osula type.

Basically don't be as picky with all this bollocking about being nice guys and being able to play pressing football,  if we can afford much being picky and snobbish in some regards based off his previous interviews will not help. We don't want bad eggs but better to risk I on that type of player like a Collymoore than some sh*tter from Rotherham or some 32 year old Clogger.

If the players are listening to 50 cent swagging into training, I'd venture they'd be well over 32 to begin with.

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Agreed the Weir news is just the cherry on top of the cake. 

If you can’t sell 30,000 fans, a club full of history and a salary that’s competitive then there’s no hope.

With respect though, young players are likely to want playing time guarantees. Maybe we couldn't guarantee anything? Not everything is down to Warne.

28 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Sign players who may not be nice guys and might swag walk into training listening to 50 Cent booming out the Mclaren but can score and have the right attributes e.g pace, touch and athleticism but caveat that by warning no bull will be tolerated. 

Sign players with bags of pace and athleticism and maybe only average skill level and young and unproven but with the potential to be very effective like an Osula type.

Basically don't be as picky with all this bollocking about being nice guys and being able to play pressing football,  if we can afford much being picky and snobbish in some regards based off his previous interviews will not help. We don't want bad eggs but better to risk I on that type of player like a Collymoore than some sh*tter from Rotherham or some 32 year old Clogger.

Usually the best players have a bit of a chip on their shoulders.

Im sure a good manager should be able to handle different characters in the team.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

The Japanese have a saying - fix the problem not the blame.

Why are we intent on apportioning a scapegoat rather than focusing our efforts on solving the problem.

The problem here seems to be that we can't attract the calibre of players we want to a L1 club with a minimal transfer budget. 

How do we fix that. 

I’m not sure how we fix it other than, replacing the recruitment team, manager or increasing the budget. 

If you have any ideas I’m happy to listen.

Just now, TomTom92 said:

I’m not sure how we fix it other than, replacing the recruitment team, manager or increasing the budget. 

If you have any ideas I’m happy to listen.

In some instances the decision may be to do nothing. As there is nothing practical you can do with the situation. 

I understand that there is a lot of frustration regards our transfer dealings this summer from some quarters having just replied to a similar post on another thread but this seems to be then spilling over into unrealism and then spiralling into a blame game mentality.

We haven't replaced McGoldrick even know we knew all summer he was leaving. And? I could have replaced McGoldrick if I had a transfer budget of 10 million quid and unlimited wages. That's not the problem. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

In some instances the decision may be to do nothing. As there is nothing practical you can do with the situation. 

I understand that there is a lot of frustration regards our transfer dealings this summer from some quarters having just replied to a similar post on another thread but this seems to be then spilling over into unrealism and then spiralling into a blame game mentality.

We haven't replaced McGoldrick even know we knew all summer he was leaving. And? I could have replaced McGoldrick if I had a transfer budget of 10 million quid and unlimited wages. That's not the problem. 

There’s frustration because I don’t think it’s unrealistic for us to expect/hope for top 6. Now we may get this with the squad we’ve got. In my opinion that’s doubtful. 

Where do you expect/hope we finish this season? And assuming we don’t get promoted this season. What would be your expectations for next season without restrictions? 

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

There’s frustration because I don’t think it’s unrealistic for us to expect/hope for top 6. Now we may get this with the squad we’ve got. In my opinion that’s doubtful. 

Where do you expect/hope we finish this season? And assuming we don’t get promoted this season. What would be your expectations for next season without restrictions? 

I said at the start of the season I thought Top 6 was a realistic target and am still going for that.

I've not looked beyond that to be perfectly honest but to answer your question I think there again will be a mismatch between what supporters think we will be spending to what we actually are allowed to spend as a club by Clowes.

He's made it clear that he wants the club to be sustainable which means to me that even if the restrictions are lifted we won't see a quantum leap in terns of transfer fees being paid which will again restrict our freedom in the transfer market but not as much as this season. 

Maybe a couple of low six figure transfer fees being paid out with with money being recouped from existing player sales.

I think we're in for a grind in League 1 which some supporters still don't seem to either accept or find palletible. 

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I said at the start of the season I thought Top 6 was a realistic target and am still going for that.

I've not looked beyond that to be perfectly honest but to answer your question I think there again will be a mismatch between what supporters think we will be spending to what we actually are allowed to spend as a club by Clowes.

He's made it clear that he wants the club to be sustainable which means to me that even if the restrictions are lifted we won't see a quantum leap in terns of transfer fees being paid which will again restrict our freedom in the transfer market but not as much as this season. 

Maybe a couple of low six figure transfer fees being paid out with with money being recouped from existing player sales.

I think we're in for a grind in League 1 which some supporters still don't seem to either accept or find palletible. 

I agree with your assessment about next season sadly. 

Its GSEx2, that said even though I agree I’m still going to be raging when we’re farting around in league 1 in 3 seasons time.

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Not being able to offer playing time guarantees ≠ anyone necessarily playing ahead of them. We just can't guarantee minutes. Maybe Blackpool could. 

Maybe Warne should lie then. There’s no doubt in my mind that Weir would’ve been better than all 4 of our midfielders so not sure that’s an issue. 

If Weir ends up being poor and doesn’t play then it’s just Brighton that we’ve peed off.

6 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Maybe Warne should lie then. There’s no doubt in my mind that Weir would’ve been better than all 4 of our midfielders so not sure that’s an issue. 

If Weir ends up being poor and doesn’t play then it’s just Brighton that we’ve peed off.

I would imagine they would try and tie playing time into a possible loan agreement. I'd rather not be forced to play a player regardless of form. Lying as a manager is a great way to piss off the squad. 

27 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I would imagine they would try and tie playing time into a possible loan agreement. I'd rather not be forced to play a player regardless of form. Lying as a manager is a great way to piss off the squad. 

So is signing someone like Tony Springett and losing matches.

On the signings, Warne was asked about this on the call-in session he did. He got very prickly with 1 caller who basically asked why we'd not signed any strikers besides Washington. He gave a couple of lame excuses about getting ones in who could play in front of 30,000 and were good characters for the team. This ignores the fact that we've hardly brought in players who've been at big clubs in the past. 

Clearly we need another striker and some mobility in midfield. Whatever the reasons, questions have to be asked about why at this level, where we are a big fish, we can't get the players we actually need.