I'm hiding in here tonight 23/24 Season

maxjam

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/09/2023 at 19:03, maxjam said:

I tried to make a somewhat positive post in the Derby vs Cambridge thread...

giphy.gif.dfd29f669366bbeea4df28224cc3f9d2.gif

I went out Saturday night within an hour of getting home from the match so never read or posted Saturday night. Just catching up now and can't believe the negativity. I thought we played ok and were really unlucky not to win comfortably 2-0.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm hiding in here from 2 kids.

Very long story short, we are the great aunt and uncle of 2 young boys, Noah (3), Logan (2).

We was approached about becoming guardians for them as their parents are separated and neither in a situation to offer them a stable home.

Was no way we could see them go into care so here they are. Currently with us under a section 20 agreement although we expect it to go through to a SGO order in time where they will stay with us until they are 18.

Last few weeks been a whirlwind, through work and these I've missed the last two games, so I'm in here hiding from those pair that are giving me full calorie burning sessions. 😂

3 minutes ago, David said:

I'm hiding in here from 2 kids.

Very long story short, we are the great aunt and uncle of 2 young boys, Noah (3), Logan (2).

We was approached about becoming guardians for them as their parents are separated and neither in a situation to offer them a stable home.

Was no way we could see them go into care so here they are. Currently with us under a section 20 agreement although we expect it to go through to a SGO order in time where they will stay with us until they are 18.

Last few weeks been a whirlwind, through work and these I've missed the last two games, so I'm in here hiding from those pair that are giving me full calorie burning sessions. 😂

Best of luck to you both. Becoming parents is very traumatic when you have 9 months to prepare for the moment. Having 2 very young kids thrust upon you must be very difficult. I do however salute you both for your commitment and wish you all the very best for the future. Well done @David and your very understanding wife.

Just now, richinspain said:

Best of luck to you both. Becoming parents is very traumatic when you have 9 months to prepare for the moment. Having 2 very young kids thrust upon you must be very difficult. I do however salute you both for your commitment and wish you all the very best for the future. Well done @David and your very understanding wife.

They are from the wife's side of the family, although it was me that immediately said yes.

Couldn't live with myself if they were split up and put into the care system away from family. Such characters been entertaining that's for sure! 

The first nappy was pretty traumatic for myself, as was £90 for these!

AD9FBD3C-F0A9-4132-9662-2E1BDC36A5D7.jpeg