v Wigan (H) Match Thread

Day

1 minute ago, Stockyram92 said:

I think people are right to be frustrated with seeing the same basic schoolboy errors season after season 

Every team makes schoolboy errors from time to time or haven't you noticed? I'm not sure we make any more than most teams. 

3 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

I think people are right to be frustrated with seeing the same basic schoolboy errors season after season 

No point even justifying yourself to People on here it's like a different country,  could be losing 9-0 with 1 minute left of the season  and people will still tell you to wind your neck in , same crap different season,  on here and the pitch , but up the rams 🐏🐏🐏

Up until the goal we were really good, we’ve shat the bed since. 

Collins probably showing why we need better. His passing/hold up play has been wide of the mark and put us on the back foot. As has some really wayward passing/touches. 

Bird has had some touches of brilliance but floating through the game again. No point having him on days like today against better sides, has to get more involved. Same old so far. 

Plenty of positives amongst the sloppy bits too so hopefully we can turn it around. 

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

No point even justifying yourself to People on here it's like a different country,  could be losing 9-0 with 1 minute left of the season  and people will still tell you to wind your neck in , same crap different season,  on here and the pitch , but up the rams 🐏🐏🐏

...but we aren't 9-0 down with 1 minute left. We're one down at half time against a side coming from the league above us. Should we all be taking our toaster into the bath?

It's a rite of passage isn't it? At least Bradley got it over in the first game of the season. I have a feeling he might rectify his mistake.

We've been OK. Will have to up it but I think we will. I expect Washington to make a difference.

Ref has been bad both ways. We probably should have had a penalty. Wildsmith may have handled outside his box once, possibly twice!

Just now, oodledoodle said:

...but we aren't 9-0 down with 1 minute left. We're one down at half time against a side coming from the league above us. Should we all be taking our toaster into the bath?

Didn't say we were , i said we could be and those with the rose tinted glasses on would still find a way of being surprised by your pessimistic views 

Does anyone remember the season we got relegated to what is now the Championship and were playing Reading 1st game at home who'd just been promoted from what is now League 1 and we had Ravenelli and Rob Lee and Warren Barton and some others playing and beat them by a good couple of goals 3-0 I think, songs about them only coming to see the champions play etc.... fast forward 45 games and we'd finished in the bottom half and they made the playoffs. Don't forget Ipswich were quite slow starters last season and must have been well adrift of Wednesday and Plymouth at one stage. Saying that we need attacking options asap we can't rely on Collins and Washington solely. 

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

Didn't say we were , i said we could be and those with the rose tinted glasses on would still find a way of being surprised by your pessimistic views 

We're surprised by your pessimism because we're 1-0 down at half time. Some of us go to the football with some faith.

HT 0-1

Getting forward quickly. Lots of attempts. No clearcut chances, despite looking bright. Lacking composure/quality with crosses and shooting. Best chance headed wide by Bradley. Brilliant long-range pile driver from Mendez-Laing. Probably should have had a penalty from our first corner but the ref has been very pro-Wigan and given us nothing, them everything. 

But in defence we look shaky. While we have been the more dominant, forward-thinking side, they look dangerous every time they attack. We are often hesitant.

Player 1: "After you".

Player 2: "No, after you". 

Player 3: "Maybe I should? Or maybe not?" 

A total recipe for disaster. And nearly was at one point outside our box when Wildsmith was one of those players. The goal saw Bradley control a tough pass on the halfway line. As he did, he started falling backwards and massively underhit a back pass which Wyke ran onto and scored. Later a long ball over the top saw a total absence of central defenders with Lang having an unopposed run on goal, but Wildsmith stood up brilliantly and blocked the shot.

Best player Korey Smith because he's getting on the ball so much and always trying to hit a forward pass instead of safely side-to-side. 

Edited by Carl Sagan