Arctic Roll

MarsdenRam

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Sorry, did you need a trigger alert?

Yes, I still have nightmares about that nasty dinner lady mrs Roberts trying to make me eat it but I never gave in.

Maybe it actually tastes quite nice but I’m not going to risk it now.😱

On 23/06/2023 at 17:46, Boycie said:

Tapioca or Semolina.

old skool.

both with a dollop of jam in the middle.

I can remember a lad at my nursery school being force fed this in hysterics.  Still remember the solid lump of jam sat on the table one afternoon when he hurled it back up .  Old memories are the best.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

On 22/06/2023 at 21:17, richinspain said:

Bird's pork pie. Topic closed.

espn deportes deal with it GIF by ESPN México

If i showed u a picture of how and where they store the off cut s*** that they then boil down to make that rank jelly that lives inside them you would change ur mind lol

lets just say it is neither sanitary nor do the offcuts live alone…. The things iv seen festering amongst it is grim

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

If i showed u a picture of how and where they store the off cut s*** that they then boil down to make that rank jelly that lives inside them you would change ur mind lol

lets just say it is neither sanitary nor do the offcuts live alone…. The things iv seen festering amongst it is grim

I've worked in a butcher's shop. I don't think that anything you could show me would put me off 😂

Just watching Michael Portillo doing the Great British Rail Journeys, He's going for some Fish & Chips near Jarrow, I'm shouting at the "telly" it's Fish n Chips

PS I couldn't find the Fish n Chip thread 😁 

On 27/06/2023 at 21:09, SSD said:

My mum buying me these for a Friday treat. Elite dessert.

7b498e34a1a9e636f6a9cec120d00828_large.png

Loved these so much, but no one makes tinned sponge puds anymore, which makes me think there must have been some godawful ingredients in there somewhere. That "cover with a cloth when opening" always seemed a bit daft, until the day one exploded on me. If I hadn't been wearing glasses, I expect it would have blinded me, but the safety specs kept the boiling treacle out. The kitchen ceiling wasn't so lucky, and we never could get the stuff off. I make my own nowadays and they are lovely, but if I saw these in the shops I'd buy a cupboard-full in a heartbeat.