Guess the 5

DCFC1388

59 minutes ago, Srg said:

6ft the biggest player in all of those 5. So, I don't think it would be fine.

We’ll just say BT got one wrong then as Bradley is 6’5 so problem solved. Flint is also an option if we want height.

So who will the next be, I wonder?

I’d say the positions that will need addressing most will be

CB x2/3 (Nelson, Harding, Bradley, Pennington, Flint, or perhaps some younger ones we’ve not heard about yet?)

ST x2 (No idea on this but personally hope we steer clear of Alfie May)

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

CB x2/3 (Nelson, Harding, Bradley, Pennington, Flint, or perhaps some younger ones we’ve not heard about yet?)

Think we need 2/3 CB definitely maybe a CM when Knight/bielek depart.. 2 more strikers at least maybe another attacking player, still think we need 6 more

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I’ve said it a couple of times, I really hope we sign someone like Lee Bonis. Not seen him play but I’d really like us to “discover” a bargain talent for once and Mark Thomas has history of doing so. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

6ft the biggest player in all of those 5. So, I don't think it would be fine.

Cybulski is 6'5" but poor in the air. I don't care how tall they are, as long as the win their aerial battles. Cashin excels at this part of the game, having won more headers than anyone else in the league. He's improving at the % of battles won - 57% in 21/22 improved to 65% in 22/23, so it'll be exciting to see the number he puts up this season.

Curtis Nelson and Sonny Bradley rank quite low in terms of % of battles won at about 58%, with Harding even lower at 50%. If we are after any of those, I'd be surprised if we don't balance it out with a signing like Flint, who is usually around the 70% mark

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Cybulski is 6'5" but poor in the air. I don't care how tall they are, as long as the win their aerial battles. Cashin excels at this part of the game, having won more headers than anyone else in the league. He's improving at the % of battles won - 57% in 21/22 improved to 65% in 22/23, so it'll be exciting to see the number he puts up this season.

Curtis Nelson and Sonny Bradley rank quite low in terms of % of battles won at about 58%, with Harding even lower at 50%. If we are after any of those, I'd be surprised if we don't balance it out with a signing like Flint, who is usually around the 70% mark

But how accurate are those? I have no figures, but you’re right, Cashin challenges well and often gets his head on things, but due to his height the ball often doesn’t go where he’d want it to. 

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

But how accurate are those? I have no figures, but you’re right, Cashin challenges well and often gets his head on things, but due to his height the ball often doesn’t go where he’d want it to. 

Yes, he gets too close to his man and a strong opponent can make him misdirect his header.

21 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes, he gets too close to his man and a strong opponent can make him misdirect his header.

Off on a massive unrelated tangent, you might be a wonderful person etc etc but I have to say that I think your profile picture is the worst on the forum and like his lying mate it should be banned for at least 90 days and the mods should make you choose something less offensive  😂

23 minutes ago, Ilkestonian said:

Off on a massive unrelated tangent, you might be a wonderful person etc etc but I have to say that I think your profile picture is the worst on the forum and like his lying mate it should be banned for at least 90 days and the mods should make you choose something less offensive  😂

You took the words right out of my 👄, feel a song coming on 🤣

5 hours ago, Ilkestonian said:

I met someone exactly like that at a client meeting today - was just waiting for him to lie down for a snooze

I think we have to be realistic on the amount of players we will be bringing in. I do feel we need another 6 or 7 though.

A couple of centre backs and couple of forwards being priority. I also feel if we are playing wing backs we also need at least another versatile wing back at least.

Ideally three more centre backs, a couple more wing backs, a centre midfielder with a physical presence and a couple of forwards.

Edited by Ram1988

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

I think we have to be realistic on the amount of players we will be bringing in. I do feel we need another 6 or 7 though.

A couple of centre backs and couple of forwards being priority. I also feel if we are playing wing backs we also need at least another versatile wing back at least.

We need 3 strikers.  A goal hungry youngster with pace. A beast who can win the headers and a playmaker who can move defenders around.  Beast who can win the headers shouldn't be expensive.  The other two are so we need to work on loans before they're snapped up. We had the playmaker, shame he's gone.  We could do with shifting Collins to free up the wages.  Being angry all the time is enough when your 25 but not in your 30's as you just get tired. 

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We need 3 strikers.  A goal hungry youngster with pace. A beast who can win the headers and a playmaker who can move defenders around.  Beast who can win the headers shouldn't be expensive.  The other two are so we need to work on loans before they're snapped up. We had the playmaker, shame he's gone.  We could do with shifting Collins to free up the wages.  Being angry all the time is enough when your 25 but not in your 30's as you just get tired. 

Is everything alright Gee? 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

4 out of 5 ain’t bad, so who’s the 5th gonna be…

Tbf that Kane Wilson is at Bristol City. A few days ago he was rumoured to be signing for Bolton for a six figure fee. Nothing has happened though.

Maybe we have asked for £2 million plus Wilson for Knight?

On 21/06/2023 at 13:52, Ilkestonian said:

Ignore him Anag, I think it's a splendid avatar.