Major incident in Nottingham?

littleover ram

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

According to the Daily Mail: "The suspect arrested by police is understood to be a 31-year-old West African national who has been living legally in the UK since his teenage years, and who has struggled with mental health issues."

Care to explain the reasoning behind your Gary Lineker point? Or are you just repeating something you read somewhere else without thinking?

Wait till they work out this means he arrived under a Labour Government.

Here are 2 pictures of innocence, Coming back from a night out only to lose their lives, When the Murderers identity is released and if they turn out to be a refugee/immigrant...then these 2 young people will be forgotten in the fog of a story.

I don't believe any Political party put a knife in his hand or made him steel a van to kill people.

Lets not forget their names...Grace Kumar and Barnaby Webber 

image.thumb.png.0c2d80cd447cb60bfcb20d10bbcd51a0.png

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Fair enough. BBC not reporting anything about the murderer. They showed a photo of a white guy being handcuffed. Maybe afraid of the haters but is this kind of thought control a good idea? 

I think all media should wait for official announcements, especially in such tragic cases as this. Not sure that is really thought control. What if it turns out the police have arrested the wrong man and he is released without charge?

Remember a few years back when Sky reported unconfirmed reports that 2 people had died in a crane accident in Milton Keynes. They later reported there were no deaths.

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

FWIW I have you down as part of the deluded metropilitan elite. Itching to debate the hot topics of the day with someone like @Stive Pesleyover a latte and croisant in a boho cafe house on a leafy street in Islington. 

Which for the record is perfectly fine, and amuses me greatly. Have a good day and enjoy your broccoli pangrattato pasta dish later. Delicious!

I think you would actually quite enjoy that fantasy meeting too, especially as we'd probably agree on most things! Especially our joint love of Stewart Lee!

I think all media should wait for official announcements, especially in such tragic cases as this. Not sure that is really thought control. What if it turns out the police have arrested the wrong man and he is released without charge?

Remember a few years back when Sky reported unconfirmed reports that 2 people had died in a crane accident in Milton Keynes. They later reported there were no deaths.

The Sun waited for the police to tell them what happened at Hillsborough that didn't work out well. The Daily Mail report seems to give some credence to the report that this was not a terrorist attack, so hopefully though very tragic for all concerned there was no-one else involved. Let's hope so.  

Wasn’t it reported that police had arrested a man and details of the man arrested which then evolved to they were not looking for any others involved , 

10 hours ago, David said:

On this planet, we have good and bad people of all nationalities, skin colour, and genders.

Do not let outlets like the Daily Mail or GB News let you believe otherwise, distracting the story away from 3 innocent lives being taken yesterday.

Not only are they 3 innocent lives, it's a city where many on this forum live and may have connections to those that sadly lost their lives.

That's the real story here. 

This is not the platform to bring attention to any of the race baiting content freely accessible on other platforms, or to score points against those of you that like to lock horns derailing topics in this particular board.

3 innocent lives were taken yesterday.

Well said David I live in Nottingham and it has brought devastation to the city. I just feel so sad for those 2 young students who had there life ahead of them taken so tragically plus the caretake at the school as well my condolences to there family and friends. 

13 hours ago, David said:

On this planet, we have good and bad people of all nationalities, skin colour, and genders.

Do not let outlets like the Daily Mail or GB News let you believe otherwise, distracting the story away from 3 innocent lives being taken yesterday.

Not only are they 3 innocent lives, it's a city where many on this forum live and may have connections to those that sadly lost their lives.

That's the real story here. 

This is not the platform to bring attention to any of the race baiting content freely accessible on other platforms, or to score points against those of you that like to lock horns derailing topics in this particular board.

3 innocent lives were taken yesterday.

2 young adults who, like my 21 year old, lost a couple of their formative and what could be great years to pandemic lockdowns. Emerging to spread their wings and start to experience life, to be cruelly cut down.

Dont care about the who did it - you are right to draw attention to the tragedy. Very sad. RIP

49 minutes ago, dog said:

Just back from the vigil. Despite the awfulness of what the families are going through the key message was that love will eventually win out. 

Got a bit windy in the square 

Saw a couple of clips. Very moving words. The families deserve enormous credit and I very much hope that their words are listened to.