Major incident in Nottingham?

littleover ram

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Online, maybe no hope remains.

In real life though, there's lots to be hopeful about. 

The vast majority of people just muddle through best they can, treating others with respect and kindness, hoping for the same treatment themselves, and give a wide berth to those who peddle extreme views of any sort.

Fascists have never taken off in the UK, even when they've been a fashionable option, as a Nation we just don't do extremes. Probably for the same reasons we still have a constitutional monarchy. 

Look at the response of Manchunians to the Arena bombing, any hate drowned out a bee and a city drawing strength from what unites them, rather than divides them, and inviting others to do the same.

The same will happen in Nottingham I'm sure, whatever the outcome of investigations reveal.

It could be terrorism, it could be a mental health crisis, but having lived here for nearly 30 years I believe the people of this city will respond appropriately, no matter what social media says.

You are hopefully right. Even vile social media fools probably have some humanity when faced with shocking or tragic real life incidents.

I was tying it more to what I had posted in Elon Musk thread where such a high percentage of people believe in ludicrious conspiracy theories, then you read these moronic, hate filled tweets responses. I think we could be ripe for Facism unfortunately.

6 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

You are hopefully right. Even vile social media fools probably have some humanity when faced with shocking or tragic real life incidents.

I was tying it more to what I had posted in Elon Musk thread where such a high percentage of people believe in ludicrious conspiracy theories, then you read these moronic, hate filled tweets responses. I think we could be ripe for Facism unfortunately.

What could be more hate filled and moronic than indiscriminately killing innocent people ? This topic is less than one page in and it is turned into free speech and politics / facism , if gb news have reported lies or untruths then I will be disgusted with them or anybody else who does that

at this point I am going to hold back from being drawn into this same old garbage and stay with the tragedy of lost lives , the pain of they’re families and how the hell this has happened 

28 minutes ago, Archied said:

What could be more hate filled and moronic than indiscriminately killing innocent people ? This topic is less than one page in and it is turned into free speech and politics / facism , if gb news have reported lies or untruths then I will be disgusted with them or anybody else who does that

at this point I am going to hold back from being drawn into this same old garbage and stay with the tragedy of lost lives , the pain of they’re families and how the hell this has happened 

Isn't it pretty obvious I'm talking about the hate filled tweet responses, not what GB News reported? There are tweets advocating a race war.

13 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

State of the replies on this tweet. I won't have anyone tell me that GB News isn't just stoking race hatred for clicks, or that Twitter isn't just  a cesspit of racism these days

Good to see you're laser focused on the pertinent issue as usual. Innocent people literally stabbed to death in the street, whatever, just part and parcel of living in a modern vibrant city. People saying nasty things online, now this is the real problem.

Edited by Anon

21 minutes ago, Anon said:

Good to see you're laser focused on the pertinent issue as usual. Innocent people literally stabbed to death in the street, whatever, just part and parcel of living in a modern vibrant city. People saying nasty things online, now this is the real problem.

Inspiring Tim Tebow GIF by Home Free

35 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Isn't it pretty obvious I'm talking about the hate filled tweet responses, not what GB News reported? There are tweets advocating a race war.

First post heading that direction was stive regards race baiting for clicks then you compound this by linking free speech and facism,

the only concern right now is the tragedy of lost lives and establishing the FACTS of what has happened , how and why 

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

Well apologies if it wasn't obvious, even though I did say "then you read these moronic, hate filled tweets responses."

Apology and explanation accepted. To be honest I didn’t read your posts, I lazily assumed you were in normal posting mode 😂

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Apology and explanation accepted. To be honest I didn’t read your posts, I lazily assumed you were in normal posting mode 😂

Fair enough, these threads get a little complicated at times between what has actually been said and Archied's version of what has been said.

I'm not sure what my normal posting mode is, but I don't think it's to use a tragic thread like this to moan about right wing news methods of generating revenue.

34 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

R IP the innocent 3

Does this mean Gary Lineker has blood on his hands ?

According to the Daily Mail: "The suspect arrested by police is understood to be a 31-year-old West African national who has been living legally in the UK since his teenage years, and who has struggled with mental health issues."

Care to explain the reasoning behind your Gary Lineker point? Or are you just repeating something you read somewhere else without thinking?

On this planet, we have good and bad people of all nationalities, skin colour, and genders.

Do not let outlets like the Daily Mail or GB News let you believe otherwise, distracting the story away from 3 innocent lives being taken yesterday.

Not only are they 3 innocent lives, it's a city where many on this forum live and may have connections to those that sadly lost their lives.

That's the real story here. 

This is not the platform to bring attention to any of the race baiting content freely accessible on other platforms, or to score points against those of you that like to lock horns derailing topics in this particular board.

3 innocent lives were taken yesterday.

38 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Fair enough, these threads get a little complicated at times between what has actually been said and Archied's version of what has been said.

I'm not sure what my normal posting mode is, but I don't think it's to use a tragic thread like this to moan about right wing news methods of generating revenue.

FWIW I have you down as part of the deluded metropilitan elite. Itching to debate the hot topics of the day with someone like @Stive Pesleyover a latte and croisant in a boho cafe house on a leafy street in Islington. 

Which for the record is perfectly fine, and amuses me greatly. Have a good day and enjoy your broccoli pangrattato pasta dish later. Delicious!

31 minutes ago, David said:

On this planet, we have good and bad people of all nationalities, skin colour, and genders.

Do not let outlets like the Daily Mail or GB News let you believe otherwise, distracting the story away from 3 innocent lives being taken yesterday.

Not only are they 3 innocent lives, it's a city where many on this forum live and may have connections to those that sadly lost their lives.

That's the real story here. 

This is not the platform to bring attention to any of the race baiting content freely accessible on other platforms, or to score points against those of you that like to lock horns derailing topics in this particular board.

3 innocent lives were taken yesterday.

All very fair points David - as ever you distill the position beautifully.

However, we now live in the age of social media where everyone has a platform for their views. Sadly we are almost at the point where life has become cheap, and good and bad people of all nationalities, skin colour, and genders use events such as this kind of tragedy to push their agendas.

As you say, 3 innocent lives were taken yesterday. Tragic.

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Fair enough. BBC not reporting anything about the murderer. They showed a photo of a white guy being handcuffed. Maybe afraid of the haters but is this kind of thought control a good idea? 

For what it's worth - and I know the usual suspects won't care - the reason I posted the GB News tweet was specifically in response AND AGREEMENT with the comment @David made

I also don't think it's right to speculate on the attack, wait for the Police to release more details.

It was bad timing that the tweet in question was thrust into my Twitter feed at more or less the same time.

I didn't  intend for it to spark the same old debate, just highlighting that what we all clearly think, as sensible, sensitive human beings  - that idle speculation on the perpetrator and his motives is absolutely wrong. That innocent people have died and that should be respected - was being 100% ridden over roughshod by scumbag media (who lest we forget - we've all been advised by one poster we should all be following in order to get a "balanced view") - who couldn't wait to start posting gossip on their Twitter feed using the perpetrators race as a dog whistle for the dregs of humanity to all come out and start advocating for race wars etc

That is all. Let's not discuss it further out of respect for the victims

20 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

For what it's worth - and I know the usual suspects won't care - the reason I posted the GB News tweet was specifically in response AND AGREEMENT with the comment @David made

It was bad timing that the tweet in question was thrust into my Twitter feed at more or less the same time.

I didn't  intend for it to spark the same old debate, just highlighting that what we all clearly think, as sensible, sensitive human beings  - that idle speculation on the perpetrator and his motives is absolutely wrong. That innocent people have died and that should be respected - was being 100% ridden over roughshod by scumbag media (who lest we forget - we've all been advised by one poster we should all be following in order to get a "balanced view") - who couldn't wait to start posting gossip on their Twitter feed using the perpetrators race as a dog whistle for the dregs of humanity to all come out and start advocating for race wars etc

That is all. Let's not discuss it further out of respect for the victims

@GboroRam when you log on can you note Stive would like you to close down discussion on this thread. In fact, perhaps wipe the hard drive for him while you are at it. If you are good at IT could you have a look at his Twitter feed too. I don’t like the idea of him having information thrusted upon him. Perhaps there is simply a knob which you can dial down for him?