If we don't sign anyone... What's your best position? Can you describe your goal celebration?

dog

Just going in to my 30th consecutive year of playing football this coming season. Played most of it up top as a pressing striker before pressing was even cool and even at 34 I still run further than the 18 yr olds. Although, let’s be clear, I’ve had to in order to cover up the lack of any discernible talent 😂

I did get scouted to join the academy when I was young. Went down once and then went home and told my mum I didn’t know anyone there so didn’t want to go back. Which, still to this day, is the worst decision I have ever made 😂

and I’m a miserable bar-steward these days so I just turn and jog back to the half way line whenever I do score 🤣

Edited by Dan_Ram

Box to box midfielder, as happy to make a last ditch defensive tackle as to scramble a goal when supporting the forwards.

Celebration was dependent on the opposition. I once got sent off for fighting with a spectator after patting his cheek as I ran past because of the abuse he had been giving me throughout the game. 🤭

20 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Just going in to my 30th consecutive year of playing football this coming season. Played most of it up top as a pressing striker before pressing was even cool and even at 34 I still run further than the 18 yr olds. Although, let’s be clear, I’ve had to in order to cover up the lack of any discernible talent 😂

I did get scouted to join the academy when I was young. Went down once and then went home and told my mum I didn’t know anyone there so didn’t want to go back. Which, still to this day, is the worst decision I have ever made 😂

and I’m a miserable bar-steward these days so I just turn and jog back to the half way line whenever I do score 🤣

Bit to go yet Dan, I played regularly until I was 40 and finally hung up me boots at 43. 👍

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Bit to go yet Dan, I played regularly until I was 40 and finally hung up me boots at 43. 👍

I was 44. My last act was a goal saving tackle at full stretch to deny a young whippersnapper.

I felt something go in the back of my thigh and had to be substituted. It later went black and I thought that’s it 😊

17 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I was 44. My last act was a goal saving tackle at full stretch to deny a young whippersnapper.

I felt something go in the back of my thigh and had to be substituted. It later went black and I thought that’s it 😊

That’ll be your hamstring mate, I’m 57 and did mine last month playing walking football. I played CM most of the time always thought I played like Graeme Souness it’d be Jan Molby now, turn round and walk back to the half way line as goal celebration can’t be doing with any of this running malarkey 

Enjoyed my time playing, but TBH was never a good player.  Centre half or Left Back.  Lumbering, slow and would tap the ankles of  faster players within the first couple of minutes to show that I was there.  Only ever got sent off once using that tactic, and that was from a yellow that turned red for cursing the ref under my breath as I hadn’t realised that he was still in earshot.  Couldn’t really beat another player on the ball, but could pick out a decent long ball or cross field pass given enough time.  Could hit the ball very hard though, and picked up a few goals from long range efforts on forays forward on corners when the ball wasn’t cleared away far enough.  No real celebrations from me, just an arm in the air and a jog back…

Was always pretty good in goals when I was young, very agile and would fling myself at anything, lots of 'bounce' from nervous energy. Never really tall enough to imagine playing in proper sized goals though (if I could swap height, but. nothing else, with my 6'3" brother...) and don't think I'd have been able to waste all that energy just stood around in goal all game; I would need to run around a bit and do some needlessly flamboyant stuff.

All that considered, I should have grown up to be the next Renee Higuita.

Too sad about my wasted potential to think of a celebration 😄

I was Mr Utility.

Did not mid where I played and was pretty mediocre so who ever was not available played there. Highest standard was when I was goalkeeper and both first and second team starters were injured.

Only scored 2 goals ever (not as goaly) and was too shocked to celebrate.

If i did it more regularly I would think the “Shearer” would be my style.

Left wing-back or left winger, loved to tackle, defend, but most of all to score.  i was usually out of steam after ten minutes, for i had zero positional sense, couldn't pace myself, wanted every ball.  Mind screaming more more more, body moaning no no no.

Collapsed