Tottenham Hotspur who will be desperate to become there manager?

ziggyram59

As a neutral Spurs seemed to be a club who is in such a mess. I see that the Feyenoord manager Arne Slot has turned down the opportunity to manage them. Maybe one manager who might be an interesting fit is Brendan Rodgers I thought he did well at Leicester up until this season. If I was Vincent Company I would stay at Burnley. 

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

As a neutral Spurs seemed to be a club who is in such a mess. I see that the Feyenoord manager Arne Slot has turned down the opportunity to manage them. Maybe one manager who might be an interesting fit is Brendan Rodgers I thought he did well at Leicester up until this season. If I was Vincent Company I would stay at Burnley. 

Premier League Football GIF by KICK  ready and waiting

The problem with Tottenham is that any manager’s first question is going to be ‘do I get to play with Harry Kane?’ And Harry’s first question is, ‘who’s going to be my manager?’ What comes first, the Harry or the manager?

I reckon Potter would be good there. Another Chelsea cast off, didn’t work at Chelsea, but I still think he’s a very good manager. I think he’s shown at Brighton he could probably do a lot with the money that selling Harry would provide.

Tottenham want to get someone who can get them into the top 4 next season. That isn’t going to happen. There’s so many clubs coming back stronger next season. They’re scraping the barrel a bit now, but I reckon potter could help them improve on an 8th place finish, at least qualify for some European competition next year, and then build from there.

Although I’m not even sure potter is that desperate. 

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

The problem with Tottenham is that any manager’s first question is going to be ‘do I get to play with Harry Kane?’ And Harry’s first question is, ‘who’s going to be my manager?’ What comes first, the Harry or the manager?

Harry will be gone this summer, not ITK, it's just time.

The real problem the next Spurs manager will have will be who is his replacement, Levy will promise the world then fail to deliver. 

Some real issues within that squad that need resolving in terms of attitude as well, that Newcastle game was abysmal.

It's not an untouchable job though for one reason, money. No other job would you get paid millions for being useless at your job and being sacked. Worst case, they turn to Ryan Mason.

1 hour ago, David said:

Harry will be gone this summer, not ITK, it's just time.

The real problem the next Spurs manager will have will be who is his replacement, Levy will promise the world then fail to deliver. 

Some real issues within that squad that need resolving in terms of attitude as well, that Newcastle game was abysmal.

It's not an untouchable job though for one reason, money. No other job would you get paid millions for being useless at your job and being sacked. Worst case, they turn to Ryan Mason.

How do they replace Harry though? So you’ve got £100m and people are saying they need a whole new defence. You’re looking at £20m per defender for 3 or 4 defenders of any kind of quality. Then how to you replace a 30 goal a season striker with the remaining £20-40m?

if you sell Harry for £100m, you’ll need that £100m just to adequately replace him. Then you’ve got nothing left to rebuild the squad. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

How do they replace Harry though? So you’ve got £100m and people are saying they need a whole new defence. You’re looking at £20m per defender for 3 or 4 defenders of any kind of quality. Then how to you replace a 30 goal a season striker with the remaining £20-40m?

if you sell Harry for £100m, you’ll need that £100m just to adequately replace him. Then you’ve got nothing left to rebuild the squad. 

They don't.

With his contract expiring next summer, it's take the cash or lose him for nowt.

I suspect it will be a drawn out process where Levy remains stubborn on a price, then Spurs go and sign someone like Ollie Watkins from Villa for £50m and daft wages.

Won't come close to replacing Kane's goals.

Spurs should sell Harry Kane. They have become too reliable on him and by selling him they could strengthen elsewhere and become a better team. Put Son upfront and have a player who can run in behind and stretch teams.

As for their next manager. Spurs have everything going for them. They’re not in the bracket of City, United or Liverpool in terms of wealth or prestige, but they’re surely a more attractive option than Brighton and Villa who both picked up top class managers.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Spurs should sell Harry Kane. They have become too reliable on him and by selling him they could strengthen elsewhere and become a better team. Put Son upfront and have a player who can run in behind and stretch teams.

As for their next manager. Spurs have everything going for them. They’re not in the bracket of City, United or Liverpool in terms of wealth or prestige, but they’re surely a more attractive option than Brighton and Villa who both picked up top class managers.

Their squad is a mess, at least at the back anyway. Loads of wing backs who can’t defend and centre backs who have only played in a 3 in the recent past. Most of which will be very difficult to move on.

Limits the number of coaches they can look at, or at least should be looking at. Add to that any sensible coach will have doubts at how well they’ll spend the Kane money and it doesn’t look quite so attractive.