Away memberships?

LN747

15 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Is it likely new people can buy them this year?

Rightly or wrongly, I'd assumed anyone (with a fan ID) can pay for away membership?  

The priorities seemingly lie more with historical purchasing (In tandem with said membership), as opposed to the membership itself?  🤷‍♂️

Are the number of memberships limited by the club

If the same criteria is used this season, for how the sale of away tickets was prioritised last season. Is there any point in buying an away membership, if you weren't able to get to at least 5 games last season.

29 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

If the same criteria is used this season, for how the sale of away tickets was prioritised last season. Is there any point in buying an away membership, if you weren't able to get to at least 5 games last season.

I wouldn’t have thought so with league one away capacity.

30 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Yes. Because sometimes it reached the away membership 0-5 category but didn't reach general sale. 

I was in that category and managed 6 away games this season including Wednesday, Cheltenham and Cambridge. I'm not sure I would have got a ticket for any of these if I hadn't had away membership.

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes. Because sometimes it reached the away membership 0-5 category but didn't reach general sale. 

I was in that category and managed 6 away games this season including Wednesday, Cheltenham and Cambridge. I'm not sure I would have got a ticket for any of these if I hadn't had away membership.

It’s still moving you up a stage isn’t it.

will be doing it myself, this year been a nightmare for away tickets. Managed five games. But if allocation under 2500 it was almost pointless trying.

9 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

It’s still moving you up a stage isn’t it.

will be doing it myself, this year been a nightmare for away tickets. Managed five games. But if allocation under 2500 it was almost pointless trying.

Yes it will move me up a category (assuming the same criteria apply) but I was answering the question: even though I had attended less than 5 games in 2021/22 having away membership had been worthwhile because it enabled me to get tickets to games I would probably have missed out on if I’d relied on them reaching general sale. I’m pretty sure all of the games I mentioned (Wednesday, Cambridge and Cheltenham) were below 2,500.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well me and my dad manage every single away game this season including cup games.

Well done, but, do you think it’s worth someone who’s not been to an away game last season buying an away member ship this coming season?

Membership was definitely worth while and got me on the next rung of the ladder. It wasn’t always easy, I’m not actually sure there wasn’t a game we didn’t sell out this season away from home, so it’s very competitive. Worth doing to get to the games under your belt for the next season at least. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Well done, but, do you think it’s worth someone who’s not been to an away game last season buying an away member ship this coming season?

It all depends on whether there are specific grounds they want to go to or if they’re happy to just go to grounds with decent capacities.

If they’re happy with just going to the likes of Barnsley (if they stay down), Port Vale, Bolton, Reading and Charlton then there probably isn’t any need to get away membership. If they fancy any others then it probably is worth it. Many will reach the 0-5 category but probably not general sale.

Just now, Ambitious said:

Membership was definitely worth while and got me on the next rung of the ladder. It wasn’t always easy, I’m not actually sure there wasn’t a game we didn’t sell out this season away from home, so it’s very competitive. Worth doing to get to the games under your belt for the next season at least. 

Exeter away, Torquay away. There might have been a couple of others, probably pizza trophy games.