Away memberships?

LN747

27 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Bit disappointed they have dropped the 20+ category, effectively now giving priority to half fans😂

Yep, spent all that extra effort moving up to 20+ and I needn't have bothered! 😉

(I'm assuming this means that there isn't any away game last season where there weren't enough tickets for 15+ members. It will help the ticket office to spread out the sales periods. 

Edited by angieram

On a more serious note, it is good to see the Club listening to our representations at SCG that they put in a category for season ticket holders above general availability. 

And the price for seniors is very reasonable. Take into account the numerous cup ties and it's only about £1 per game. 

Edited by angieram

I don’t see the point unless you’ve been to lots last season so already in a high tier. 

To buy one from scratch now, would it really make a difference?

I’m just asking the question. As a lot of grounds have smaller capacities in this league.

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

I don’t see the point unless you’ve been to lots last season so already in a high tier. 

I’m just asking the question. As a lot of grounds have smaller capacities in this league.

Yes, I think it would, as a lot of games were sold out around the 5+ mark, so anyone last season who got onto that away membership ladder by attending the grounds with biggest capacities, will have the chance to get to more matches this year, should they renew. 

1 hour ago, David said:

They don't cap the sales though so wouldn't be an issue?

They closed sales last year didn’t they? The same thing could happen next season but it still shouldn’t be an issue provided you renew fairly soon and there isn’t a sudden rush of new members within the first couple of days.

23 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

It is worth it if you’re hoping to go to any other than the larger grounds or midweek away games. Last season I was in the less than 5 games category (so, effectively, starting from scratch) and there are certainly games I managed to get a ticket for that didn’t reach general sale for example, Sheffield Wednesday, Cheltenham and Cambridge. I can’t remember but I don’t think any of those reached general sale.

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Yep, spent all that extra effort moving up to 20+ and I needn't have bothered! 😉

(I'm assuming this means that there isn't any away game last season where there weren't enough tickets for 15+ members. It will help the ticket office to spread out the sales periods. 

Which ones wouldn’t you have bothered with?

Being 15+ it’ll sound like I’m just saying it’s the best way because I’ll get tickets no matter but last year I reckon 80% of away games made general sale and probably all made memberships so if you’re desperate to get to some then buy a membership and you’ll likely get tickets and make it even easier next year. 

7 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t think I will bother again as I am limited to how many I can get to anyway and the £40 surcharge divided by the few I could actually attend makes it rather expensive 

Not if go to games it is not and £40 in the pot the derby coffers.

11 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

They closed sales last year didn’t they? The same thing could happen next season but it still shouldn’t be an issue provided you renew fairly soon and there isn’t a sudden rush of new members within the first couple of days.

Yes they went off sale on 4 August last season.