Ethan Galbraith - Signed for Leyton Orient

GB SPORTS

Difficult to know how serious our interest is.

We seem to appear on lots of lists of ‘interested clubs’.

He seems to come with a good pedigree and will be able to play if he’s been at Man U.

If he’s robust enough for League One then why not?

Talented kid that’s failed to live up to prepubescent hype. Not an unlikely story. He did really well at Doncaster, showed flashes at Salford. I’m not buying that Newcastle are in for him, perhaps Championship clubs but many fans predicted he would move on a permanent deal to Salford.

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Talented kid that’s failed to live up to prepubescent hype. Not an unlikely story. He did really well at Doncaster, showed flashes at Salford. I’m not buying that Newcastle are in for him, perhaps Championship clubs but many fans predicted he would move on a permanent deal to Salford.

How many young lads have we had that showed great promise and not quite live up to hype.

Callum Ball, Adam Murray, Gary Twigg, Paris Simmons just 4 that spring to mind.

39 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

How many young lads have we had that showed great promise and not quite live up to hype.

Callum Ball, Adam Murray, Gary Twigg, Paris Simmons just 4 that spring to mind.

I can’t recall the type around those. Ball scored a lot but was miles off it when he got into the first team. Scored a couple goals but was clearly well below the required standard in every other aspect. 

Galbraith is more Matt Richards, who was on the brink of our first team at 16/17 and ultimately never made it for whatever reason. I think he captained England’s youth team at one point too. 

37 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I can’t recall the type around those. Ball scored a lot but was miles off it when he got into the first team. Scored a couple goals but was clearly well below the required standard in every other aspect. 

Galbraith is more Matt Richards, who was on the brink of our first team at 16/17 and ultimately never made it for whatever reason. I think he captained England’s youth team at one point too. 

Paris Simmons was tipped to be one of the best players we had ever brought through the ranks when he was young. 

Adam Murray was tipped for greatness, unfortunately there were other things at play.

Gary Twigg was a personal fave of mine, I expected him to be great, I was crying out for us to give him a go. A goal scoring striker, scoring goals for fun. We finally gave him a go against Reading when Ravanelli played and scored...we stuck him on the right wing.

5 hours ago, MauritianMonsta said:

Agreed - especially in Warne's preffered 3-5-2 - he could flourish at CAM - sounds like Warne wants some more wing backs and number 10's

I presume he wants us to play more of a 343 if he wants two number 10's or maybe be 3412? As a 352 doesn't really utilise number 10s

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Remember when Ball tore Newcastle a new one in the championship the year they went up as champions and then seemingly fell off the edge of the planet 

12 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Remember when Ball tore Newcastle a new one in the championship the year they went up as champions and then seemingly fell off the edge of the planet 

Was that the 3-0? The first game they'd lost all season or something I seem to remember (have a vague memory of Gutierez in their yellow kit but may have made that up). I don't think Ball played in that though, was Hulse and Commons up top. 

It was the 2-1 v West Ham which Ball scored in that I remember getting excited by him, and then like you said never seemed to do much else 😂

9 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Was that the 3-0? The first game they'd lost all season or something I seem to remember (have a vague memory of Gutierez in their yellow kit but may have made that up). I don't think Ball played in that though, was Hulse and Commons up top. 

It was the 2-1 v West Ham which Ball scored in that I remember getting excited by him, and then like you said never seemed to do much else 😂

Mandala effect that. I could have sworn it was against Newcastle 😂