Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Regarding Clark Harris at Posh , every time I've watched him I've been seriously underwhelmed and thought he was terrible in the game at Hillsborough especially , didn't hold the ball up was guilty of giving the ball away cheaply including a crap clearance which ended in the equaliser....He will command a fee and I'd steer clear and try and find our own gems for small money..

I was impressed with Frankie Kent each time I've watched him and is really good on the ball and think he'd be a good signing 

For me our midfield requires not only assists but goals so if Max,Sibs,Knight etc cannot get 8-10 goals/assists next season I'd be looking at at least 1 or 2 to compete in that area as not saying those 3 are bad players but we do need more goal options and not just up top

The rumour from ol Trampie i hope is true as Kitching looks very good but don't know how feasible it would be for Barnsley to allow him to go but 1m does seem a lot  and with Flint apparently signed would give us a good physical presence when needed 

Edited by S8TY

11 minutes ago, S8TY said:

The rumour from ol Trampie i hope is true as Kitching looks very good but don't know how feasible it would be for Barnsley to allow him to go but 1m does seem a lot  and with Flint apparently signed would give us a good physical presence when needed 

Where did you read/hear this? As in he’s apparently signed for us or Barnsley? 
Personally I was hoping we’d go for a different option to Flint. 

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I'm only going by another thread where someone who is apparently quite itk says that Flint is a done deal already signed on a free but couldn't be announced until after June 1st 

The 

12 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The Barnsley player Kitching would command a Barker type fee so i'm guessing the 1m mark which apparently is half of our transfer budget but Warne doesn't like idea of Cashin and Harding being 2 of 3 CB's as they are both not the tallest 

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

No proper link, other than "a host of league 1 clubs" being interested... but Abraham Odoh from Rochdale been attracting interest. 22, attacking midfielder. Would fit a profile of a younger player. Apparently triggered an extension but still expected to leave.

A league two attacking midfielder with one goal and two assists all season, no thanks 

10 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

A league two attacking midfielder with one goal and two assists all season, no thanks 

They finished comfortably bottom of the league. So, I dare say, going on pure stats may not be the best approach.

Admittedly, never seen him play or anything, and he may well be genuine pony but just thought I'd chuck his name out there from the transfer chatter out there.

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

They finished comfortably bottom of the league. So, I dare say, going on pure stats may not be the best approach.

Admittedly, never seen him play or anything, and he may well be genuine pony but just thought I'd chuck his name out there from the transfer chatter out there.

I think Rochdale fan Jamie Wright (below) may just have got a bit carried away, but sounds like a hard working young player with potential. I imagine if he's on Warne's radar it'd be as a backup LWB to develop.

od.JPG.c0681a53465fdcc68ebde552077048d3.JPG

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

The 

The Barnsley player Kitching would command a Barker type fee so i'm guessing the 1m mark which apparently is half of our transfer budget but Warne doesn't like idea of Cashin and Harding being 2 of 3 CB's as they are both not the tallest 

Without knowing what our budget is I wouldn’t object to the bulk of it being spent on one or two “key” positions if they’re likely to be the difference makers, provided we can convince some free agents to join.
As an example, say we sold Bielik and had £1-2m to reinvest. Using the wages we’ve saved on him, Davies, Stearman, Chester to cover a number of free agent signings to bolster the wing backs and one centre back. Then spending that £1-2m on a goal scorer from this league or elsewhere (the Irish lad?) and a leader at the back in that ideal age bracket, would in theory leave us much stronger overall. 

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Without knowing what our budget is I wouldn’t object to the bulk of it being spent on one or two “key” positions if they’re likely to be the difference makers, provided we can convince some free agents to join.
As an example, say we sold Bielik and had £1-2m to reinvest. Using the wages we’ve saved on him, Davies, Stearman, Chester to cover a number of free agent signings to bolster the wing backs and one centre back. Then spending that £1-2m on a goal scorer from this league or elsewhere (the Irish lad?) and a leader at the back in that ideal age bracket, would in theory leave us much stronger overall. 

Yes totally agree and could be the difference …I know there are some good players out there who are available on a free so to speak but if we spent most of actual transfer fee budget on a commanding CB at the right age and a couple of strikers I actually think it will be good enough …we lacked goals last season and we created lots of opportunities last season …if we take more of those chances we will be top two next season 

6 hours ago, S8TY said:

I'm only going by another thread where someone who is apparently quite itk says that Flint is a done deal already signed on a free but couldn't be announced until after June 1st 

More  I T K information. Flint has always chipped in with goals which would help and at 6’ 6” would bring the average height up a bit. But at the age of 33 is he over the hill?

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

More  I T K information. Flint has always chipped in with goals which would help and at 6’ 6” would bring the average height up a bit. But at the age of 33 is he over the hill?

I have never been convinced of his defensive qualities…

7 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Imo yes …he didn’t impress me at SW end of season but I do think if the deal is good for both parties and doesn’t take up much of our budget he’s still a powerful strong CB and it’s a long season with a lot of games and the squad will count more than just the starting 11