Summer Rumour Mill

sage

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I only got this far, WTF!

At the minute Davies is head and shoulders but we’re talking about a fella who played almost 30 times for a team promoted to the prem last season… that’s the only reason it’s undecided yet. Let’s be honest Davies had a few shakey moments last year not least his Wednesday performance 

We're looking for a replacement for Knight, but have we already got one?

I'm haven't been Thommo's biggest fan in the past, but he seems to be a different player this season. Today, he was excellent with the energy that we have missed with Knight's departure. He's a different type of player otherwise, with better close control than Knight but doesn't get in the goal scoring positions like Knight, although Knight's goalscoring record from those positions wasn't great.

Think the signing of Tyrese Fornah is absolutely brilliant, everything we need.

Adds an extra body into the midfield, 6ft1, championship and league one experience, energetic, can play in several positions in the midfield.

Good timing with Birds injury. If it is a loan, his contract expires next summer so a chance if he impresses, could be made permanent.

From how it sounds, he will be good for us! 

36 minutes ago, dcfcjj said:

Adds an extra body into the midfield, 6ft1, championship and league one experience, energetic, can play in several positions in the midfield.

Good timing with Birds injury. If it is a loan, his contract expires next summer so a chance if he impresses, could be made permanent.

Sounds like an ideal type of signing to me. A centre midfielder with legs is exactly what we need.

10 hours ago, Rev said:

The immigration rules between UK and Eire are unaffected by Brexit, so I'm not sure that's the case.

Maybe it is for underage players. Friends son (16) has joined the wolves academy. Only declaring that he had an English grandparent did he get the go ahead to stay there full time. 

10 hours ago, ram59 said:

I'm haven't been Thommo's biggest fan in the past, but he seems to be a different player this season. Today, he was excellent with the energy that we have missed with Knight's departure. He's a different type of player otherwise, with better close control than Knight but doesn't get in the goal scoring positions like Knight, although Knight's goalscoring record from those positions wasn't great.

Tompson did really well in the championship for us under Rooney - in league 1 our management decided he was too small to play him I can only assume 

11 hours ago, dcfcjj said:

Might not need to get him next summer… 

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Hearing whispers of a permanent deal BT?

Don’t know if you caught it, but Warne made a comment about teams wanting clauses for promotion and things. Probably throwaway but did make me think of he was talking about something from experience. 

Just now, Srg said:

Don’t know if you caught it, but Warne made a comment about teams wanting clauses for promotion and things. Probably throwaway but did make me think of he was talking about something from experience. 

Interesting, was that on the radio Derby interview? Not had chance to listen yet so will have to do so, perhaps a similar creative permanent deal to Washington/Wilson? No initial fee but promised future payment

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interesting, was that on the radio Derby interview? Not had chance to listen yet so will have to do so, perhaps a similar creative permanent deal to Washington/Wilson? No initial fee but promised future payment

Yeah, that’s the one. 

20 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Might not need to get him next summer… 

See this would be the type of exciting signing that might not work out but he’s a young guy with potential to rise in value if it does click And he does develop here. Also has a chance of improving with the team to be ready for the championship. 

18 hours ago, ram59 said:

Great shout this. I think his ability in forward positions will develop once he’s settled into the team. I remember he looked hopeless against Plymouth at home last season and I thought he couldn’t cut it in this physical league but give him time to develop and see what he can do. 

6 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Hearing whispers of a permanent deal BT?

I don’t think he’s heard whispers mate, I think it’s more of a suggestion because of Fornah is in his last year of his deal. I hope I’m wrong and he does join us permanently because like what a few people have already said on here, a very good signing and at the right age. He was interested in joining Reading permanently after his loan spell so he could be up for joining us full time. It’s going to be an interesting couple of days.