Summer Rumour Mill

sage

27 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I have seen your recent posts and they all seem to be within your agenda against Warne and its all his fault that we havent got the players us fans & Warne himself wants and also that the new signings havent hit the ground running. You seem blind to the fact we have a business plan, youngsters running out of contract, a market where strikers in particular are hard to come by as well as trying to implement a new style with 8 new players. You may also find that Warne hasnt spent the it how he has seen fit, the money side is above his role as he has stated previously. If Thomas, Pearce & Clowes decide to pay more to get a player Warne wants through the door that is on them, not Warne.

Warne has the final decision on who comes in - he could have had different players in I do not doubt that. Why would our youngsters want to gamble their careers playing the dross Warne serves up? Try looking at the thread showing whether last seasons squad is still better than the current one: 

Wildsmith

Smith Rooney Cashin Forsyth

Bird Hourihane

NML Sibley Barkhuizen

Collins

Even with Collins up front I think this team would beat any Warne put out.

You seem to think that Clowes telling us fans that Warne had a good budget for League 1, good enough to get us promotion means nothing? Warne has chosen to sign the players he has. Who else to blame for the 'heads turned' and odd deflecting post-match comments? Who else to blame for the awful performances we've seen, not just this season. 1 home win in 9.

Edited by RoyMac5

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warne has the final decision on who comes in - he could have had different players in I do not doubt that. Why would our youngsters want to gamble their careers playing the dross Warne serves up? Try looking at the thread showing whether last seasons squad is still better than the current one: 

Wildsmith

Smith Rooney Cashin Forsyth

Bird Hourihane

NML Sibley Barkhuizen

Collins

Even with Collins up front I think this team would beat any Warne put out.

You seem to think that Clowes telling us fans that Warne had a good budget for League 1, good enough to get us promotion means nothing? Warne has chosen to sign the players he has. Who else to blame for the 'heads turned' and odd deflecting post-match comments? Who else to blame for the awful performances we've seen, not just this season. 1 home win in 9.

The budget might be good enough for promotion, until the end of the season we wont know that will we. I am by no means saying Warne hasnt done wrong, his post match comments weren't great and the football currently isn't great either but at the same time is it Warne's fault if a player cant make a 5-10 yard pass or the GK misses a simple catch?

Its not about youngsters gambling their careers, Rooney & Brown have extended their deals for example, its about the fact we're in League 1 regardless of style of play so they want to play higher and have 1 year left on their deals. Some fans will want them to stay put & we take the compo, I personally think if the price is right (like with Knight) then sell.

In terms of that starting 11 you named. Wildsmith is still in goal, Ward is better than Smith at RB, Fozzy is still on the left although I do think Elder will be regular for majority of the season. Cashin is CB & both Nelson & Bradley are better than Rooney. Bird, Hourihane, NML & Collins are still playing, the other 2 are out injured so Warne cant put them in now even if he wanted to.

I personally think we should change from 3412/3421 and go back to 4231/433, whether we do remains to be seen. But regardless of whether we change formation or not, I do think the team will get better & the new signings will also improve too.

Wildsmith - Nelson Bradley Cashin - Ward Hourihane Bird Elder - Sibley Waghorn - Washington

That 11 on paper is better than the one you listed imo

Edited by DCFC1388

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I personally think we should change from 3412/3421 and go back to 4231/433, whether we do remains to be seen. But regardless of whether we change formation or not, I do think the team will get better & the new signings will also improve too.

Wildsmith - Nelson Bradley Cashin - Ward Hourihane Bird Elder - Sibley Waghorn - Washington

That 11 on paper is better than the one you listed imo

Warne will hit lucky with injuries and have to play 4 at the back. 😄

As for your choice, ermmm that back 5 aren't presently looking any good at all.

No one player is bigger than the club 

Bird and Cashin are good players and from our academy  but if we got the right money I'd sell...both overrated by a lot on here but just my opinion but still good players 

The problem I think is..do we trust PW with any funds from selling both....I'm not sure we do 

43 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Nothing that's not already been said, cracks are starting to show with Warne and the higher ups though. I wish i could give some good news sorry

Can you expand on that at all as, unlike a link with a potential signing, that’s the sort of rumour that can get out of hand really fast 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can you expand on that at all as, unlike a link with a potential signing, that’s the sort of rumour that can get out of hand really fast 

Given the nature of Warne’s recent post-match interviews I’d be surprised if there weren’t some signs of friction there to be honest. Can’t imagine DC/SP are particularly chuffed with his media output around potential transfers out. Both Richie Barker and Hammy have been much more measured and stayed on script. 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That would be odd, another central defender? Could be a plan to sell Cashin, push Bradley to the left and play Yiadom central in the back 3 maybe? Does not sound good... 

Edited by InstaRam

2 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Given the nature of Warne’s recent post-match interviews I’d be surprised if there weren’t some signs of friction there to be honest. Can’t imagine DC/SP are particularly chuffed with his media output around potential transfers out. Both Richie Barker and Hammy have been much more measured and stayed on script. 

I like listening to Barker,he generally speaks well. I get the impression he's got his head screwed on and that he won't take or dish out any BS. 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

Just now, InstaRam said:

That would be odd, another central defender? Could be a plan to sell Cashin, push Bradley to the left and play Yiadom central in the back 3 maybe? Does not sound good... 

Not sure how spot on Mr Witcoop has been. Anyway the Reading fans seem very happy that they hope to be off-loading dead wood and bringing in young, hungry players.

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I like listening to Barker,he generally speaks well. I get the impression he's got his head screwed on and that he won't take or dish out any BS. 

Similar with Hammy, particularly pre-Oxford.

Just seen Troy Deeney has signed for Forest Green Rovers as a player coach. He would of been definitely a target for me before the likes of wash, waggy and even Collins. Hes a big nightmare for defenders who in reality, is built to do well in the lower leagues. He's a promotion winner, a leader and the latter is definitely something we need. We also need a solid CDM because as well as smith does, I feel like we lack a presence and a solid spine through the team. There's too many nearly men and questions over peoples best positions and roles, that is not a team or system that is going to work imo.

Edited by SK47