Summer Rumour Mill

sage

57 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

DC was at moor farm this morning… take that how you will. IlL be honest the stuff I’m hearing right now isn’t good. It seems like the budget has been spent. No closer to signing any players. After last nights performance I must admit I’m very worried 

Not really the right thread, but I noticed Clowes has appointed his son as MD of Clowes Developments,  presumably so he can be more hands on at DCFC? 

So, I would expect him to be around more.

Do the players still get Wednesday off when there's been a Tuesday night match, Trav?

46 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Even if we had money to spend, if you were a player watching us at the minute and seeing the way home games are getting toxic, would you come here if you had other options on the table?

I'd be giving us a wide berth at the minute.

Others would see at as somewhere they could make a difference and be the hero 🤷‍♀️

7 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Looking at the squad 

three goalkeepers- Vickers wildsmith loach 

two RWBs ( x1 could play right back ) Ward Wilson 

2LWB  ( id say fozzy is more LB / CB these days) elder 

4 CBs - Bradley Rooney cashin Nelson 

5 Cms- sibley hourihane bird tommo smith 

x2 wingers Barkhuizen NML 

x1 CAM/fW - waghorn 

x2 strikers - Collins Washington 

that to me shouts 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 

Yep. It’s strange how we’ve recruited given that we want to play a 3-5-2 in some variation. There is no depth for that.

With everyone fit our best team would probably be a 4-3-3. I’d like to see this:

Wildsmith; Wilson, Bradley, Cashin, Elder; Bird; Sibley, Hourihane; Ward, NML; Washington.

It’s still far from ideal but I’d back that to produce better results and bring more out of players like Bradley who have had a poor start.

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

DC was at moor farm this morning… take that how you will. IlL be honest the stuff I’m hearing right now isn’t good. It seems like the budget has been spent. No closer to signing any players. After last nights performance I must admit I’m very worried 

Without giving away sources etc and grateful for your posts being nowhere near Derby personally but by "stuff" do you mean things/behaviours going on behind scenes or lack of transfer action or both? Ta!!

sorry have read again and you obvs meant the second option!

Edited by CBRammette
Read op properly

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

Not really the right thread, but I noticed Clowes has appointed his son as MD of Clowes Developments,  presumably so he can be more hands on at DCFC? 

Do the players still get Wednesday off when there's been a Tuesday night match, Trav?

Do they get Wednesday off when they've had Tuesday night off?

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

Rookie mistake - surely his son should be chief scout. It’s the Derby way. 

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I just don’t get how we could of spent our budget whilst still supposedly after 2/3

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

Also regan Poole was available on a free who I mentioned in may. Went Pompey and was motm last night. 

dont you know that we can only sign 33 year olds under our rescrictions? apparently.....

the whole league operates on free transfers and nominal fees, its OUR CHOICE to sign the old players we are signing, we should have aimed to drastically reduce the age of the squad . the fact we have an older squad than last season when fitness was a clear issue all season is borderline neglect

Spaffed our budget up the wall in players from a higher league that can’t displace Forsyth at centre back. Priceless. 

No offence to Forsyth he’s been a giant for us over the last decade but he’s a wide midfielder turned left wingback turned left back turned centre back turned left wing back turned centre back for god sake. 

8 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Spaffed our budget up the wall in players from a higher league that can’t displace Forsyth at centre back. Priceless. 

No offence to Forsyth he’s been a giant for us over the last decade but he’s a wide midfielder turned left wingback turned left back turned centre back turned left wing back turned centre back for god sake. 

We've also spaffed our budget on a left back who can't displace either Forsyth or a 20-year old academy central midfielder playing out of position.

23 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

We've also spaffed our budget on a left back who can't displace either Forsyth or a 20-year old academy central midfielder playing out of position.

Elder barely played last night but did not look a promising player at all.

34 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Think this says more about our Foz than those that have been brought in.

Very much underappreciated.