Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Got to be a young Prem player out there surely? Man City had a really good winger with the most assists in u23 league last year, surprisingly they sold him for pennies to a Belgium team he’d of been perfect. 

Ajax (Netherlands, not Belgium) for £17m (not pennies)

36 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

We can be pedestrian and get away with it, but not clueless 

Warne doesn't even seem to have a Plan A v1.2.9 based on today's tactics, let alone a plan B.

Absolutely right. That was abysmal. Wigan knew what to expect . They were ready and well drilled. We had no imagination ; everything was telegraphed; the midfield was pedestrian ; most crosses -in the first half especially -were over hit or poorly delivered ;  with the notable exception of about ten minutes after the equaliser, there was no meaningful attacking threat throughout the game . The inability/ reluctance to alter tactics was infuriating. I do not want to watch a season of that . It was like watching the definition of madness play out in front of me. 
I fear that Mr Warne is a very limited tactician and I am unpersuaded by his media - friendly , platitude - spouting interviews. A season of tedious football beckons . 

23 minutes ago, Fuertes’s Passport said:

Absolutely right. That was abysmal. Wigan knew what to expect . They were ready and well drilled. We had no imagination ; everything was telegraphed; the midfield was pedestrian ; most crosses -in the first half especially -were over hit or poorly delivered ;  with the notable exception of about ten minutes after the equaliser, there was no meaningful attacking threat throughout the game . The inability/ reluctance to alter tactics was infuriating. I do not want to watch a season of that . It was like watching the definition of madness play out in front of me. 
I fear that Mr Warne is a very limited tactician and I am unpersuaded by his media - friendly , platitude - spouting interviews. A season of tedious football beckons . 

To save your sanity then it might be a good idea for you not to go again?

22 minutes ago, Fuertes’s Passport said:

I found it tedious the number of times the ball had to be funneled from where ever it was on the pitch to Ward or then Wilson. If Wigan couldn't figure that out. Fozzy got massively overlooked even after he scored yet I thought he looked one of a few players not having a head wobble.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've seen enough from last season and today (summer included) to know that Paul Warne will not be here come next season.

Book mark it and ram it in my face if  I'm wrong.

Tactically very naive and he clearly struggles when it comes to transfers. He talks a good game, but that's about ya lot.

Don’t be ridiculous, we’ve got this year’s Tony Springett to come in yet.

Morning everyone.

Before the game on Saturday Warne mentioned he wants to add to midfield and up top and we're close to doing that.

Obviously Waghorn appears to be signing tomorrow. Which has been spoken about completely seperate from other signings. By that I mean he's been training and mentioned by name we've offered him a deal and he's agreed etc. Warne also said he see's Waghorn as a 10.

When Warne has said that we're close to bolstering our midfield and striking options I've took that as close to signing others not including Waghorn.

But do you lot think when he's said we're close he's actually on about Waghorn? 

20 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Morning everyone.

Before the game on Saturday Warne mentioned he wants to add to midfield and up top and we're close to doing that.

Obviously Waghorn appears to be signing tomorrow. Which has been spoken about completely seperate from other signings. By that I mean he's been training and mentioned by name we've offered him a deal and he's agreed etc. Warne also said he see's Waghorn as a 10.

When Warne has said that we're close to bolstering our midfield and striking options I've took that as close to signing others not including Waghorn.

But do you lot think when he's said we're close he's actually on about Waghorn? 

Waghorn and hopefully 1 more this week it sounded like, still think we’re 3/4 short 

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yeah I agree mate. 3-4 is needed for me.

I think we need a striker, creative mid and a really strong holding midfielder to go with Waghorn.

Yeah mate I hope waghorn isn’t the 10 Warne is hoping for as we need someone more creative in there, I’d be happy with Waggy a decent 10 a striker and another WB

13 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Don’t be ridiculous, we’ve got this year’s Tony Springett to come in yet.

Well there is a perfect example of Warnes frailties.

If Springett was even half decent we would be back in for him, not forgetting Warne knows everyone at Norwich very well (even plays bowls with my mates dad that way, or at least used too).

If Springett isn't good enough this season, why make the signing in January? Absolute desperation.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well there is a perfect example of Warnes frailties.

If Springett was even half decent we would be back in for him, not forgetting Warne knows everyone at Norwich very well (even plays bowls with my mates dad that way, or at least used too).

If Springett isn't good enough this season, why make the signing in January? Absolute desperation.

I’ve watched Warne’s post match interview on the Derby site this morning.

The most frightening part was that he alluded to there being shortcomings with the squad last year that still persist now.

As he’s apparently already blown most of this year’s budget on the wages of experienced players so you’ve got to wonder how many years it might take to get the squad he wants?