Summer Rumour Mill

sage

3 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Think Washington will come in, sounds close to being done. Warne wanted 5 in before Pre-season which I've read starts on Thursday. The most interesting thing at the moment is weather Max Bird stays or not. Hull and Coventry want him apparently.

Hull probably have some money to spend whilst Coventry will be receiving a hefty sum when they sell their centre forward - would Bird want to go to either of these or would we tell him he’s being sold if they come up with the dosh.

58 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Cheers Jubbs, yep, I thought as much. I'd favour his info over the other account which I think just maybe just regurgitates whispers as fact.

It’s not even a question. One is a plugged in local journalist and the other is a bored, sweaty teenager in his bedroom. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Hull probably have some money to spend whilst Coventry will be receiving a hefty sum when they sell their centre forward - would Bird want to go to either of these or would we tell him he’s being sold if they come up with the dosh.

Peterborough could totally rebuild their team if they get £10 million for Ronnie Edwards . They have turned down £7.5 million from Palace . And a few teams are interested . They often seem to get top money for their players , what do Hull want to pay for Bird  £1/2 a mill?

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Peterborough could totally rebuild their team if they get £10 million for Ronnie Edwards . They have turned down £7.5 million from Palace . And a few teams are interested . They often seem to get top money for their players , what do Hull want to pay for Bird  £1/2 a mill?

Where do you get that from?

Somewhere along the line it seems we will be able to pay a transfer fee or two. Big things are expected of Warne this season. Where will we spend the money? I can't get away from the feeling it will be on strikers. Jonson Clarke-Harris and Alfie May as a pair could be an exciting addition to turn us into serious contenders given their scoring record in this division over the last couple of seasons and Warne will know all about them. I just have a feeling that both of them could be incoming; or is that being too greedy?

Matthew Pemnington who has been mentioned on here as a target has joined Blackpool.

Peterborough have lost a key player in Jack Taylor to Ipswich....could mean Ipswich no longer want Knight as Taylor is a box to box midfielder 

23 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Somewhere along the line it seems we will be able to pay a transfer fee or two. Big things are expected of Warne this season. Where will we spend the money? I can't get away from the feeling it will be on strikers. Jonson Clarke-Harris and Alfie May as a pair could be an exciting addition to turn us into serious contenders given their scoring record in this division over the last couple of seasons and Warne will know all about them. I just have a feeling that both of them could be incoming; or is that being too greedy?

Don’t see it tbh. If we were in for mya we would have bid already considering Charlton had a bid accepted like 2 weeks ago. We will do a derby and be linked with bonis Clark-Harris and may and then sign Washington and bring a young loan in. 

46 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Don’t see it tbh. If we were in for mya we would have bid already considering Charlton had a bid accepted like 2 weeks ago. We will do a derby and be linked with bonis Clark-Harris and may and then sign Washington and bring a young loan in. 

Well sink our entire 2023 budget on Washington after seeing him star in the first Rotherham pre season kick about.

It's the Derby Way....

🤣

15 hours ago, Srg said:

We started last season with Korey Smith at right back and Curtis Davies in the lineup. We also had Collins up front starting. Out of the rest of the team, only Haydon Roberts has left so far with a potential for Jason Knight

Fail to see how we aren’t already stronger. 

I said ended. And this is on the basis of losing McGoldrick, Roberts, Knight and Bird.

Lots can still happen before the season starts.

But, I can see us starting the 2023/24 opening match with a best XI weaker than the one which ended it.

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

i think bird is more likely to stay than some others. Would be very disappointed to see him go for the £500k that has been mentioned, he’s worth comfortably over £1m imo

4 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

After 76 games.  Half of which are in League1 and half in a side that were relegated.  That's obscene.  On the Knight barometer of what I keep reading we should thankful to get, they should be accepting 50p and some gruel.