Summer Rumour Mill

sage

20 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

But we're aiming for automatic promotion.  Why on earth would we take a chance on someone who to date has shown very little end product?  If he was our player I'd be happy to have him as part of the squad, but given that he's not we've got the chance to bring in someone better.  It would show a total lack of ambition on the part of the club to have him back and I don't think for one second Warne would consider it.

If we’re looking at loan players, they are going to be kids with little to no experience. Dobbin has had a years experience and will only get better. That’s how football works at 19 years old. You can’t expect to have players who have had great seasons in league 1 signing for us, they’ll be taking the step up to the champ 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think it is a case of us just ‘holding our nerve’ in the transfer market eh Smog 😉

At least we’ve got the reserve keeper out of the way so won’t be our signature signing on the last day of the window.

I still think we’ll wait until we’ve sold Knight and Bielik then assess our midfield and forward options.

McGoldrick was a fan hero and I think we need the expectation of a new one.

Smoggy is of the view that all strikers should be thrashed, so not a reliable source of info.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

At least we’ve got the reserve keeper out of the way so won’t be our signature signing on the last day of the window.

I still think we’ll wait until we’ve sold Knight and Bielik then assess our midfield and forward options.

McGoldrick was a fan hero and I think we need the expectation of a new one.

Smoggy is of the view that all strikers should be thrashed, so not a reliable source of info.

You are such an inspiration 🤣

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

He’s good, but he’s travelled more than Judith Chalmers. Doesn’t stay long.

If he scored 17 goals and helps us to get promoted, I'll take that.

Then we will be in a position to get as long term and better prospect, next year.

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t want to put a damper on things but I can see us starting the season with a better squad, but weaker first XI, than the one that ended the season.

Fortunately this season looks weak with the relegated teams in a mess and Barnsley potentially having their manager poached.

We started last season with Korey Smith at right back and Curtis Davies in the lineup. We also had Collins up front starting. Out of the rest of the team, only Haydon Roberts has left so far with a potential for Jason Knight

Fail to see how we aren’t already stronger. 

I don’t want to put a damper on things

Are you 100% confident in this statement? I suspect you maybe do want to put a damper on things… ya know, what with us being flat track bullies, McGoldrick only being good against poor teams, Bielik and Knight’s rumoured fees being a result of them not progressing in their development rather than any of the other more obvious, well documented and relevant factors, and now our as yet unfinished recruitment for this season means we’ll have a better squad but a weaker XI?! …. A lot of your posts do seemingly put a damper on things.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

I don’t want to put a damper on things but I can see us starting the season with a better squad, but weaker first XI, than the one that ended the season.

Fortunately this season looks weak with the relegated teams in a mess and Barnsley potentially having their manager poached.

I agree that we need to up the quality of players we sign to even match the ones being touted as leaving or having left the squad.