Kelle Roos

Carl Sagan

12 hours ago, Scott129 said:

I really liked Roos.

If he could claim crosses and command his area, he would have easily been Prem quality. So it doesn't surprise me at all to see him doing well in the SPL.

He still doesn't claim crosses or command his area. 

What he does have is 2 centre backs that love heading and attacking the ball. 

It leaves Roos to concentrate on his positioning and making saves in and around his 6 yard box. 

He couldn't deal with crosses or command his area, and I believe if we'd have started with Carson in the play off final we'd have won that play off final. I'm glad he's doing well in Scotland, but I always felt he flattered with some of his shot-stopping whilst here and was not more than a bottom-half championship goalkeeper. 

29 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

He couldn't deal with crosses or command his area, and I believe if we'd have started with Carson in the play off final we'd have won that play off final. I'm glad he's doing well in Scotland, but I always felt he flattered with some of his shot-stopping whilst here and was not more than a bottom-half championship goalkeeper. 

Carson couldn't have done any worse. Villa scored 2 goals from 2 shots on target. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

How do you know his commanding wasn't a choice of Lampard/Given?

Carson was one of the worst keepers in the league in 18/19, hence we was dropped in the first place. He was a shadow of himself that season, that's what people are forgetting. Carson was absolutely shocking in 18/19.

For comparison in 18/19.

Roos          Carson

Games                  16               30
Clean sheets        6                 5
Save %                 71.4            63.9
GA/90                   0.87           1.33

Carson conceded 8.5(!!!!!!) more goals than he should have in his 30 games, that is appalling. Roos also had a clean sheet more despite playing 14 less games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/06/2023 at 04:29, Leeds Ram said:

If we continued to start Carson we wouldn't have made the playoff final in the first place.

15 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

If we continued to start Carson we wouldn't have made the playoff final in the first place.

Either way couldn’t he have just caught that ball in the play off final 🤷‍♂️ my missus would have 😕

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Playing for Aberdeen tonight against BK Hacken, properly know as Bollklubben Häcken. That can't be a real name can it? It's got to be made up.

If Nooit Opgeven Altijd Doorzetten Aangenaam Door Vermaak En Nuttig Door Ontspanning Combinatie Breda can be a real club name, anything can be

On 13/05/2023 at 19:04, Ghost of Clough said:

He always has been a fantastic s*** stopper. When we first signed him, his distribution and catching from catches were two of his strengths too. He seemed to lose confidence in catching the ball after the Playoff Final, but improved a lot towards the end of his spell with us.

He was my number 1 keeper and wouldn't have wasted time or budget on Hamer, Marshall or Allsop.

Kelle was an athlete and had the ability to pull off wonder saves but I’d have Allsop all day long. Kelle presented a major risk to the average fans blood pressure and was a cause of frequent cardiac palpitations. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2023 at 21:20, littleover ram said:

Man of the match in Aberdeen’s last Europa conf league game 

And again today. BBC's citation:

While he didn't have to make any world-class saves, Roos ensured the Aberdeen goal remained unbreached. Confident and composed, he fielded everything that came his way

That's our Kelle, alright.