Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

12 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I'm led to believe it's another striker, 2 x '10s' and another midfielder. Currently no thoughts of loaning Rooney out. 

Two No.10s?

I'm not sure we've been linked with any No.10s throughout this window so far?

I wonder who they could be...

13 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I'm led to believe it's another striker, 2 x '10s' and another midfielder. Currently no thoughts of loaning Rooney out. 

Fair enough. That will be 5 10s for 2 places though, including Sibley, Barks, and NML (unless one of those is pencilled in for a WB role).

I wouldn't be against offloading Barks either.

6 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Finn Azzaz would be a dream to have through the door as a 10

Surely going to be playing in the Championship after how well he did last season

Only names that come to mind immediately are Bradley Dack, Alex Pritchard, Aaron Collins...

Edited by Nuwtfly

16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Surely going to be playing in the Championship after how well he did last season

Only names that come to mind immediately are Bradley Dack, Alex Pritchard, Aaron Collins...

I’d imagine Collins/ Brannagan would be our big signing then second striker on a free 

5 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

I’d imagine Collins/ Brannagan would be our big signing then second striker on a free 

Collins at Bristol Rovers ? Can't see they'd let him go unless they're offered 2-3 million.  Similar with Brannigan.  I think they'd get championship interest in both if they were willing to part.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Played it on Saturday and the commentators talked about it at length. Tallies up with Warne’s talk of attacking players too. 

I wouldn't read too much into a game against Matlock.  Warne said he sent the team out with no instructions and when asked what he hoped to get out of the game said "nothing".  It was just a kickabout.

1 minute ago, Blondest Goat said:

I wouldn't read too much into a game against Matlock.  Warne said he sent the team out with no instructions and when asked what he hoped to get out of the game said "nothing".  It was just a kickabout.

Would be mightily weird to just play a formation we aren’t planning on using. I am aware what he said, but that didn’t stretch to naming a team and a position. 

I’ll be shocked if the base plan isn’t 2 AMs and 1 ST. Obviously, I’m sure it’s fluid based on situation, but that is what he is after. 

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Would be mightily weird to just play a formation we aren’t planning on using. I am aware what he said, but that didn’t stretch to naming a team and a position. 

I’ll be shocked if the base plan isn’t 2 AMs and 1 ST. Obviously, I’m sure it’s fluid based on situation, but that is what he is after. 

3421?

24 minutes ago, sage said:

3421?

He ended up with 3142 at Rotherham. 

Big Trav thinks he is after 2 number 10s which would suggest your view. I guess 3421 would provide somewhere for Barkhuizen and NML to play

8 hours ago, Srg said:

8 hours ago, sage said:

3421?

BBC seemed to think it was a 3-5-2 on Saturday, not a 3-4-2-1. I didn’t watch the game but, as you say, what SRG and Big Trav are saying marry up…

40 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

BBC seemed to think it was a 3-5-2 on Saturday, not a 3-4-2-1. I didn’t watch the game but, as you say, what SRG and Big Trav are saying marry up…

A predicted line up based on the players selected to start. It seems they tried to guess the order of the back 3 too, as anyone with prior knowledge of the academy would have known who would line up where.

It started off with 3511, with Barkhuzien behind Collins. When Radcliffe came on for Barkhuizen, it was Tommo who was pushed further forward with Radcliffe sitting in the 3 man midfield. Second half seemed a bit more fluid. It was hard to tell if it was a back 4 with Moore at RW (with no LW), or if it was just the same formation with Moore pushing further forward than Moloney.

Lineup with players used in each role:

Wildsmith/Vickers/Loach

Rooney/Bardell   Forsyth/Nelson   Cox/Cashin

Ward/Moore   Tommo/Radcliffe/Smith   Hourihane/Bird   DRobinson/Radcliffe/DRobinson   Elder/Moloney

Barkhuizen/Tommo

Collins/Brown

The first game is all about getting players out on the pitch in positions they're familiar with. Based on the players available, 3511 was the best fit. With Washington, Mendez-Laing, and Sibley returning to the squad, we'll see a change to what we're more likely to use during the season (3421).

Edited by Ghost of Clough

43 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It wasn’t that. I watched it. Barkhuizen spent the half hour on the pitch he had close to Elder.