Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

25 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

In his interview on RamsTV, PW hinted at 4 or 5 in before pre season and the rest spread over the transfer window. He also hinted at a squad of 20 to 22. Small? Yes. Too small? 21 was too small last season. 

Does this point to some exits being just about guaranteed? Looks that way. Bielik obviously. Who else is saleable? Bird, Knight, Sibs?

I’d say Bielik and Knight are the two that almost certain to go. Last season’s squad was small and it was made up of players that were borderline unusable too, so if it’s similar sized with all of them legitimate choices it will feel a lot better. Would I prefer a couple more? Probably, but we are still only just coming back to life from where we were. 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-county-could-bolster-promotion-ambitions-with-swoop-for-out-of-favour-luton-town-forward-opinion/

Thought I'd share this, only an opinion piece/suggestion from FLW, Mendes-Gomes who was on loan from Luton at Fleetwood last year possibly available. Scored against us in a game that we've probably all tried to blank from our memories. Not sure where he'd fit if we were going with wingbacks next year but seems a good player 

29 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-county-could-bolster-promotion-ambitions-with-swoop-for-out-of-favour-luton-town-forward-opinion/

Thought I'd share this, only an opinion piece/suggestion from FLW, Mendes-Gomes who was on loan from Luton at Fleetwood last year possibly available. Scored against us in a game that we've probably all tried to blank from our memories. Not sure where he'd fit if we were going with wingbacks next year but seems a good player 

Thanks for sharing. Interesting player!

2 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

Would be great in that left forward type role Warne had sibley playing in towards the end of the season, played in midfield a few times for fleetwood last season aswell as left wing.

Edited by Eoghan1884

3 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

I do remember him - he looked very good.

Thought, having Mendez-Laing and Mendes-Gomes would be a right problem for full backs and commentators!

4 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

I think it all depends if Warne is going for a 352 or a 343 with two inside forwards or number 10's. If it's the latter he could be ideal.

29 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We haven’t been linked have we 🤔

Nope. Just apparently a league one team has bid circa £500k and there’s only a short list of teams who could do that. 

If we're brining in two strikers, and keeping Collins, I think I'd like to see one of them be Macaulay Langstaff.

It would be a bit of a gamble, but if you've also got Collins and perhaps one other more experienced striker in there, I think we can afford to do so. At 26 you'd have to say this is his prime, so it's now or never.

Scoring 40+ goals is impressive and if we can create enough chances there's no seeing why he wouldn't be able to manage the jump up.

Perhaps cost us around £1m but it would be an exciting signing, for me.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

If we're brining in two strikers, and keeping Collins, I think I'd like to see one of them be Macaulay Langstaff.

It would be a bit of a gamble, but if you've also got Collins and perhaps one other more experienced striker in there, I think we can afford to do so. At 26 you'd have to say this is his prime, so it's now or never.

Scoring 40+ goals is impressive and if we can create enough chances there's no seeing why he wouldn't be able to manage the jump up.

Perhaps cost us around £1m but it would be an exciting signing, for me.

He was averaging around 1 in 2 in National League North before.  Bloke at work who has seen him a lot says he relies on pace in the 6 yard box to get most of his goals .  Not as easy in this league.  Could be a good signing or could be the next Guy Whiittingham one season wonder.  I'd prefer a known finisher at this level and someone from the championship for the season with lots of pace on loan -with no recall preferably. 

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He was averaging around 1 in 2 in National League North before.  Bloke at work who has seen him a lot says he relies on pace in the 6 yard box to get most of his goals .  Not as easy in this league.  Could be a good signing or could be the next Guy Whiittingham one season wonder.  I'd prefer a known finisher at this level and someone from the championship for the season with lots of pace on loan -with no recall preferably. 

I don’t mind a fox in the box forward as long as he has someone to feed off. 
Loads of balls flashed across the box last season and we had little presence to latch onto them. 

McGoldrick was often instrumental in setting up attacks and couldn’t then get in the box to finish them. He scored some crackers from outside the box though.

National League is difficult to judge but there’s plenty who would like Paul Mullen.

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I don’t mind a fox in the box forward as long as he has someone to feed off. 
Loads of balls flashed across the box last season and we had little presence to latch onto them. 

McGoldrick was often instrumental in setting up attacks and couldn’t then get in the box to finish them. He scored some crackers from outside the box though.

National League is difficult to judge but there’s plenty who would like Paul Mullen.

As Nott County have both of them to set up and finish they're onto a winner then.  Shouldn't it be THE....

1782933a-ea84-4e19-a7db-9e05698eee15_tex

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not much mention of Barkhuizen.  Had the appearance of a pissed off player last few months of the season.  Probably due to losing his place to a lad who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.  I'll be surprised if he's here at kick off time.

I was thinking along similar lines. Decent at this level, but something doesn't seem right.