josh Key - decent fb

matt Pennington- decent CB

Anderson RB - Oxford 

Lloyd James CB Cambridge 4 goals from CB 

Brannagan - Oxford if knight goes 

Oshilaja - burton CB/ DM 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Seen him suggested a few times but…

I think he would be a smart signing for Luton - they know how to be shrewd in the transfer market too so I'm not at all surprised they're in for him. 

It's going to be a battle every single game for them, but Forest proved that if you can cling on in games and work effectively on the counter that you don't need possession to win games. 

20 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Enda stevens been released today, be a great signing at wingback. Jack o Connell always seems a decent player as well. Would be seeing if both of those available.

O'Connell hasn't made an appearance since 21st September 2020 due to knee surgery so it'd be a big risk.

I'm not sure the rigours of Warneball are ideal for dodgy knees?

25 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Enda stevens been released today, be a great signing at wingback. Jack o Connell always seems a decent player as well. Would be seeing if both of those available.

O’Connell was a great cb in that Chris Wilder side, however he hasn’t played in over 2 years due to a knee injury, unless he can prove his fitness and take a low wage or pay as you play I think there’s more sensible options to consider. 

1 hour ago, Rich3478 said:

I used to like Enda Stevens so already had a look into his last season and it was poor - 54% success rate on all actions. 13% success rate on crosses. Losses the ball a fair amount, with a worrying amount in his own half. Losing more duels than he wins. Passing isn't bad, but his numbers all point to a player deteriorating mentally and phsyically. 

League One is obviously a lot easier than the Champiionship so it's not to say he couldn't do a job - he probably could. He wouldn't be a player I would bring in though based on his last year's body of work! 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I used to like Enda Stevens so already had a look into his last season and it was poor - 54% success rate on all actions. 13% success rate on crosses. Losses the ball a fair amount, with a worrying amount in his own half. Losing more duels than he wins. Passing isn't bad, but his numbers all point to a player deteriorating mentally and phsyically. 

League One is obviously a lot easier than the Champiionship so it's not to say he couldn't do a job - he probably could. He wouldn't be a player I would bring in though based on his last year's body of work! 

Plus he's 32.

We need players with athleticism, not 32 year olds on the way out.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

O’Connell was a great cb in that Chris Wilder side, however he hasn’t played in over 2 years due to a knee injury, unless he can prove his fitness and take a low wage or pay as you play I think there’s more sensible options to consider. 

Didn’t realise he’d had that many injury problems! Like you I really rated him a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

O'Connell hasn't made an appearance since 21st September 2020 due to knee surgery so it'd be a big risk.

I'm not sure the rigours of Warneball are ideal for dodgy knees?

Didn’t realise had been that long since I’d seen him play!! Might as well get George Thorne back

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Plus he's 32.

We need players with athleticism, not 32 year olds on the way out.

We just had a 35 year old score 25 goals and win every individual award going, discounting anyone over 30 seems shortsighted.

do agree on the whole about athleticism though. 

17 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Billy Sharp?

*tongue firmly in cheek, just in case

There are players who I haven't liked when then join us and a bit like Savage, you warm to them.

Billy Sharp and Charlie Austin are 2 characters I don't want anywhere near our football club.

Saying that, if Sharp came and scored loads of goals I'd name my next kid Billy and binge watch reruns of that programme with Sean Bean in.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Billy Sharp?

*tongue firmly in cheek, just in case

It won’t be with us, for obvious reasons, but definitely one to keep an eye on - he is likely to be a problem wherever he lands and this level. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Barnsley and wouldn’t be surprised if he has a McGoldrick-esque season for them.

I've just had a look back at a golden year for football and went through all the divisions to see what 10 players have the highest market value today (according to Transfermrkt) - it definitely gives some food for thought: 

Obviously a lot has been made of the Championship that year, I mean just look at the names! 

Championship 18/19 - 
1) Reece James 
2) Jack Grealish
3) Mason Mount
4) Tammy Abraham
5) Fikayo Tomori
6) Jared Bowen
7) Kalvin Phillips
8 ) Ollie Watkins
9) Harvey Barnes
10) Jacob Ramsey
- special mention: Eze, Martinez, Buendia, Olise, Raya... basically nearly 50 players from that season now have a market value of £10m or more on Transfermrkt. 

However, both League One and League Two had some names also...

League One 18/19 - 
1) Ben White
2) Ivan Toney
3) Aaron Ramsdale
4) James Justin
5) Joe Aribo
6) Harry Soutter
7) Josh Cullen
8 ) Ethan Pinnock
9) Lewis O'Brien
10) Lewis Morgan

League Two 18/19 - 
1) Robert Sanchez 
2) Ilias Chair
3) Antoine Semenyo
4) Elijah Adebayo
5) Dara O'Shea
6) Harry Pickering
7) Steven Alzate
8 ) Jerry Yates
9) Ryan Wintle
10) Perry Ng

A few Forest players actually miss out on this list - Harry Toffollo, Sam Surridge - as well as the likes of Scott Twine, Callum O'Hare & Callum Styles. 

I'm sure if you take a snapshot of these leagues throughout history, you will see a pattern. A lot of League One and Two sides are absolutely appalling and players will often fall by the wayside. However, you will sometimes get a diamond if you keep your eyes open. In non-league that same season you had Max Kilman, just captained Wolves, Sorba Thomas, etc. 

Fingers crossed the guy we have in has an eye for a few players like the above and we shouldn't go too far wrong. 

39 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I notice Britt Assombalonga has just been released by Watford. Could still do a job at this level IMO.

Versatile forward too which will be important having a small squad (or so I presume we will have).