Bristol Rovers (A) Sat 15th April

I've just watched the penalty decision over and over again and it looks a correct decision every time tbh. White wasn't strong enough - again - and in going to ground he wipes out the Rovers player. 

What a dismal performance again. Wildsmith's timewasting is pathetic, Knight is regressing badly and Collins offers nothing. Nowt. We'd be much improved just with Didzy up top and giving Collins' shirt to someone else. Anyone else. 

The tippy tappy at the back we saw under Cocu, Rooney and Rosenior is something I can do without again but the idea then was to play attractive football when we got it forward too. This long ball guff, completely nullifying Hourihane and Bird's strengths, is awful to watch.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Disappointing today, we tried to hang on to a honking win, and thanks to a dubious penalty ended up with what we deserved, a honking draw.

I expect the last rites on promotion this year to be administered by Burton Albion, when we can settle down and start planning next season with a squad Warne has built, rather than inherited. 

Do you believe that? They had, had many great chances in the box that they fluffed, I thought they could easily have scored five.

58 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Very interesting! There was me thinking the ref wasn't tooooo bad, which is incredibly generous given my reputation, and then Warney is virtually effing and blinding on the telly, and absolutely furious about the penalty decision. Apart from putting in his report on the matchofficials, is there anything he can do?  It would also be interesting what he actually thinks about the catalogue of poor decisions this season (ignoring the previous 3 seasons!), although I think he gave a pretty big hint on that one!

Even so, to speak as though that performance was worthy of the points is rather rich, I fear. WE actually deserved nowt!

Just watched the penalty 3 times, unclear to me who committed the foul, the ref decided it was our player unfortunately 🤔

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This is the least “diplomatic” I’ve seen Warne I think. Readily admits the faults in our own performance and makes it clear what he thinks about their penalty.

I was elsewhere today, That interview has summed up what some have been saying for a long time..."cheated" it's sad that our manager feels he has to say what those in the dressing room feel, He'll get a fine as he said...🙄 

Just now, The Last Post said:

I was elsewhere today, That interview has summed up what some have been saying for a long time..."cheated" it's sad that our manager feels he has to say what those in the dressing room feel, He'll get a fine as he said...🙄 

Maybe if we'd scored another goal? Or could defend a lead? Or if they'd had a better idea of where the net was! 😄 

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just watched the penalty 3 times, unclear to me who committed the foul, the ref decided it was our player unfortunately 🤔

Anyone wanting to play VAR can slow down this fan footage (around 9m17s):

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe if we'd scored another goal? Or could defend a lead? Or if they'd had a better idea of where the net was! 😄 

Agreed Roy, As I said I wasn't there, But If PW and the players think the Ref had a big effect on the result then there's not a great deal we can do, Amateurs in a professional game who decide who gets the points...if you've not listened to that interview...then listen to it...PW is basically saying the Ref wanted to be the B all and end all 🙄  

I don’t think we can moan about teams time wasting against us as Wildsmiths antics or games manship, whatever you want to call it was embarrassing.

I know he wanted to break the game up but we can’t moan when it happens to us .

I think we were fortunate to get a point if I’m honest and looking at the last 5 games or so I think it really shows our limitations.

I will still back the boys until the end but the playoff position is looking bleaker with each passing game as is our last 5 game’s overall.

We start well with intensity and then fade and become very scrappy. NML was blowing bubbles scurrying up and down the pitch . For the love of god leave him as an offensive winger where he can cause damage and ditch the wing back style and we will give ourselves a better chance imo.

Onto Exeter and another must win. If we wobble on Tuesday I fear it might be all over but win and who knows where the season will take us ?

Wembley hopefully 🐏

For me it was about time we made a different decision in the second half and looked to be solid while 1-0 up and made defensive substitutions. And it so nearly worked. I wish we’d done it second half against MK Dons as well. I would have been delighted with 1-0 wins in our last 2 games, as at this stage of the season the points are way more important than the performances. We are struggling to score goals so we should be looking to keep clean sheets in my opinion.

And let’s not forget the “1-0” Billy Davies team won a play offs while the amazing Steve McClaren team didn’t.

21 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Were you there as well? There wasn’t really any illegal time wasting of note. Not compared to what we have witnessed at PP.

No, I was watching it on Rams Player. 

Yes, compared to shenanigans at PP, there was nothing unusual, and obviously we were the team protecting the lead - presumably if Bristol Rovers had been ahead, they'd have done it to us.

But seriously, how many injuries did Wildsmith manage to pick up in the second half, and how long does his "Pickford" routine take?

30 minutes ago, Jortat said:

I don’t think we can moan about teams time wasting against us as Wildsmiths antics or games manship, whatever you want to call it was embarrassing.

I know he wanted to break the game up but we can’t moan when it happens to us .

I think we were fortunate to get a point if I’m honest and looking at the last 5 games or so I think it really shows our limitations.

I will still back the boys until the end but the playoff position is looking bleaker with each passing game as is our last 5 game’s overall.

We start well with intensity and then fade and become very scrappy. NML was blowing bubbles scurrying up and down the pitch . For the love of god leave him as an offensive winger where he can cause damage and ditch the wing back style and we will give ourselves a better chance imo.

Onto Exeter and another must win. If we wobble on Tuesday I fear it might be all over but win and who knows where the season will take us ?

Wembley hopefully 🐏

Agree about NML, wasted at wing back..

54 minutes ago, Rampant said:

I've just watched the penalty decision over and over again and it looks a correct decision every time tbh. White wasn't strong enough - again - and in going to ground he wipes out the Rovers player. 

What a dismal performance again. Wildsmith's timewasting is pathetic, Knight is regressing badly and Collins offers nothing. Nowt. We'd be much improved just with Didzy up top and giving Collins' shirt to someone else. Anyone else. 

The tippy tappy at the back we saw under Cocu, Rooney and Rosenior is something I can do without again but the idea then was to play attractive football when we got it forward too. This long ball guff, completely nullifying Hourihane and Bird's strengths, is awful to watch.

Yes, a million times yes. I wonder what the fan inside Clowes thinks?

A really bad performance, rancid to watch, thrown away another lead which has been a running theme of our season - especially under Warne. 

We did try a little game management, but parked the bus and encouraged them to put the ball in the box which ultimately led to the penalty. I think Warne is protecting White by insisting it wasn’t a penalty, as soon as it happened I knew what was coming. 

Another disappointing day, following a disappointing week. Not completely out of it, thanks to a Derby-esque bottle job by Peterborough away at Cambridge. However, you’ve got to imagine that anything other than a win on Tuesday night, against a decent Exeter side, really doesn’t help. I can’t see Peterborough messing up against Accrington Stanley, but stranger things have happened.

One criticism I do have, however, is for Jason Knight who looks no better in league one than he does in the championship. We need him to step up, but unfortunately he’s probably been one of our worst performers in this bad run - lacked productivity, lacked quality and as good of an athlete he is, honestly I don’t know if we would’ve better any worse off playing a cocker spaniel in centre midfield. 

I'd have been fuming if roles were reversed and that pen hadn't been given. I also thought we probably had a good shout when their defender clattered through the back of Didzy to head the ball 6 inches off the ground, which is illegal and classed as dangerous behaviour. Either an indirect free kick for that, or a pen for collapsing Didzy.

After all the rubbish refs we've had this year, it seems odd that this is the one Warne objects to. He was one of the better ones, bar a couple of contentions ones.

22 minutes ago, jameso said:

No, I was watching it on Rams Player. 

Yes, compared to shenanigans at PP, there was nothing unusual, and obviously we were the team protecting the lead - presumably if Bristol Rovers had been ahead, they'd have done it to us.

But seriously, how many injuries did Wildsmith manage to pick up in the second half, and how long does his "Pickford" routine take?

😀 😀check through the chain, I wasn’t referring to the Derby game, but a different game I was at.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agree about NML, wasted at wing back..

Both him and Barkhuizen came here advising that wing back wasn't their position.  Barkhuizen actually stated it greatly affected his form at Preston and he was glad of the chance to come here and play his natural position.  Seems he turned down 3 other offers to come here based on this .  He won't be here next season.

1 minute ago, NorwichExile said:

I'd have been fuming if roles were reversed and that pen hadn't been given. I also thought we probably had a good shout when their defender clattered through the back of Didzy to head the ball 6 inches off the ground, which is illegal and classed as dangerous behaviour. Either an indirect free kick for that, or a pen for collapsing Didzy.

After all the rubbish refs we've had this year, it seems odd that this is the one Warne objects to. He was one of the better ones, bar a couple of contentions ones.

Whilst attempting remove his testicles with his right hand as he grabbed his shorts.