Peterborough Suspended Points Deduction

Ellafella

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They've basically appointed someone who was disqualified for two years, so probably a failed company director by the sound of it.  Quite serious.  Any point deduction has to apply now.  Won just be an issue to Derby this.  Expect this to be challenged by at least 4 clubs.

The Wycombe Winker will be all over it, surely? Or does he only pipe up when instructed by the Gibbon?

Non story really - Posh failed to declare chief executive officer David Paton as a relevant person. Can’t see any advantage that gives them on the football pitch, or why a 3point suspension is actually appropriate anyway. How likely is it in the next 9 months that Darragh MacAnthony will forget again to register his next CEO as a relevant person?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65255779

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Non story really - Posh failed to declare chief executive officer David Paton as a relevant person. Can’t see any advantage that gives them on the football pitch, or why a 3point suspension is actually appropriate anyway. How likely is it in the next 9 months that Darragh MacAnthony will forget again to register his next CEO as a relevant person?

Isn't the main thing that we saw the rules being applied rigorously to us last season, as suich you would expect all breaches to be punished immediately. 

Seems to me that we are the only club where the punishment is immediate, I mean we were within the rules until they were changed retroactively. 

Was also amused to see that QPR are still paying off their FFP fine now.

Maybe I'm wrong, but seems that we had everything at once, even had to own the stadium, not apply for Covid loan etc, whereas other clubs breaking a rule get a suspended and a paltry fine.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

This is a similar charge that has been directed at Birmingham, which would suggest a similar 'punishment'.

As regards as having no advantage on the pitch, surely his decisions do affect what goes on throughout the club including what happens on the pitch?

26 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Isn't the main thing that we saw the rules being applied rigorously to us last season, as suich you would expect all breaches to be punished immediately. 

Seems to me that we are the only club where the punishment is immediate, I mean we were within the rules until they were changed retroactively. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but seems that we had everything at once, even had to own the stadium, not apply for Covid loan etc, whereas other clubs breaking a rule get a suspended and a paltry fine.

We was investigated over a long period of time, then punished. This is why Boro and Wycombe also stuck their beak in as we hadn’t been punished during the seasons where we were alleged of our crimes.

Reading, Wigan and Burnley have also been punished this season for their crimes during this season. Although Burnley under a transfer embargo post January transfer window whilst nailed on for promotion is daft.

QPR was drawn out as they were out of EFL jurisdiction, they were untouchable whilst in the Premier League which is insane really, the two governing bodies should work together and transfer punishments across the leagues where needed.

I think a deadline was passed on any points deductions being applied for this season a few weeks ago? Not 100% on that but I remember there was a champ side (Huddersfield) contemplating when was best to go into admin this season and accept relegation or battle on, probably get relegated anyway and start on minus points. 

2 hours ago, Needlesh said:

Sure they do. Bribe a ref here, burn down a small business there; pretty soon you have hundreds of millions to piss away on any old crap you fancy.

Oh yes I forgot, don't bother to pay your taxes, leave creditors to take the financial hit, don't bother to pay installments on transfer fees then just carry on as if nothing has happened. I suppose DCFC prove cheats do prosper.

Then you all crow on here about being the victim of the EFLs campaign against you when you're lucky you're not Bury mk 2 🤣couldnt make it up.

1 hour ago, David said:

We was investigated over a long period of time, then punished. This is why Boro and Wycombe also stuck their beak in as we hadn’t been punished during the seasons where we were alleged of our crimes.

Reading, Wigan and Burnley have also been punished this season for their crimes during this season. Although Burnley under a transfer embargo post January transfer window whilst nailed on for promotion is daft.

QPR was drawn out as they were out of EFL jurisdiction, they were untouchable whilst in the Premier League which is insane really, the two governing bodies should work together and transfer punishments across the leagues where needed.

And of course as soon as QPR were relegated they were hit with the full force of the EFL lawmakers… Not.

10 minutes ago, Pontius Pilate said:

Oh yes I forgot, don't bother to pay your taxes, leave creditors to take the financial hit, don't bother to pay installments on transfer fees then just carry on as if nothing has happened. I suppose DCFC prove cheats do prosper.

Then you all crow on here about being the victim of the EFLs campaign against you when you're lucky you're not Bury mk 2 🤣couldnt make it up.

Are we really prospering?

Your time will come.

14 minutes ago, Pontius Pilate said:

No one to play with ?

12 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

And of course as soon as QPR were relegated they were hit with the full force of the EFL lawmakers… Not.

Tbf they tried to, appeals and appeals later it was significantly reduced. 

The QPR is a sore one as it came at the expense of our place in the Premier League, the bitterness has worn off now and I’m glad we didn’t lower ourselves to the same level as Boro and Wycombe. 

2 hours ago, Mick Harford said:

A heavily reduced QPR fine !