Zombie Apocalypse Warning

Gaspode

The government are going to send an emergency alert to every phone in the country on April 23rd. It’s to test a new warning system designed to alert people if there is a large scale threat to life such as a flood (e.g. water or zombies). You’ll need to acknowledge the alert before you can do anything else on your phone - though you can disable the receipt of such messages if you’re so minded….

12 hours ago, Gaspode said:

The government are going to send an emergency alert to every phone in the country on April 23rd. It’s to test a new warning system designed to alert people if there is a large scale threat to life such as a flood (e.g. water or zombies). You’ll need to acknowledge the alert before you can do anything else on your phone - though you can disable the receipt of such messages if you’re so minded….

That bit is particularly amusing (not).

Turned off the alerts when I got the phone.

On 19/03/2023 at 07:43, Gaspode said:

Nuclear attack ?

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

So if Nuclear war is imminent then we'll get a text?

That's handy. I'll close the windows and unplug appliances while the Mrs tells me I should have done that bunker when we had that nice weather

Take the aerial out the tv in case there’s a thunder storm.

““You’ve got to keep them pretty scared, because unless they’re properly scared and frightened of all kinds of devils that are going to destroy them from outside or inside or somewhere, they may start to think, which is very dangerous, because they’re not competent to think. Therefore it’s important to distract them and marginalize them.””

— Noam Chomsky, Media Control, Second Edition: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda