Zombie Apocalypse Warning

Gaspode

On 22/03/2023 at 12:35, uttoxram75 said:

Settings - Notifications - scroll right down to Emergency Alerts.

If you disable the alert its on your own head mind. You'll know nothing about it until a zombie walks through your door. You won't have time to get to the Winchester for a pint!

I do have around 300 pieces of vinyl though, so I feel confident I can see off the first wave.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Seems that anyone on Three (or utilising the Three network) missed out, which would explain why I'm in the dark about the threats (or else the government want to kill me)

I’m on Three and didn’t get the alert either. I think it was because you needed to be on 4G. For some reason, when at home and connected via WiFi my phone drops down to 3G. I know this to be the case because as soon as I switch off WiFi my phone changes to 4G. Sounds like a flaw which proves the worth of running the test. Having said that, I’m not sure what they expect to do in a real life situation. I’d need to build a nuclear shelter before I could head for it. I guess I could hide under the kitchen table and put a saucepan on my head. That should do it. 😀

4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Anyone has the alert yet? Thought it was supposed to be 3pm?

We were watching the halftime adverts in a football game on Sky. Bloody adverts are so loud on there I just thought it was part of one of them! 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Question. Why do we, a country that has almost zero natural disasters of any sort, need this system?

Is it because someone in government needed to dish out a contract to a mate or is it because they are expecting us to get caught up in some global nuclear war?

I reckon it's the first one.

It's intended for things like floods and serious fires etc, so presuambly must be possible to make the alerts highly localised.

On 23/04/2023 at 19:35, angieram said:

We were watching the halftime adverts in a football game on Sky. Bloody adverts are so loud on there I just thought it was part of one of them! 

My phone went off at half time Sunday in the football too, I took it as a not so serious alert (my bad).

E7515BFA-4418-45FF-B1A8-8A82936C2B1F.jpeg

Edited by Zag zig

On 23/04/2023 at 18:54, Tamworthram said:

I’m on Three and didn’t get the alert either. I think it was because you needed to be on 4G. For some reason, when at home and connected via WiFi my phone drops down to 3G. I know this to be the case because as soon as I switch off WiFi my phone changes to 4G. Sounds like a flaw which proves the worth of running the test. Having said that, I’m not sure what they expect to do in a real life situation. I’d need to build a nuclear shelter before I could head for it. I guess I could hide under the kitchen table and put a saucepan on my head. That should do it. 😀

My kids are on Smarty (part of Three) and didn't get the alert.  At 14:59 my wife got the alert - message on screen, with alarm. I got the alarm, but no visible message albeit I found the message in the unread messages when I swiped down. My Mum, who has a Doro, received the alarm, the message and an American voice reading out the message.  Why American when it's a UK alert, I haven't a clue?