David Attenborough cancelled

sage

The BBC are only showing the final episode of his new series on iplayer.

Reports suggest some politicians may have objected to a section of re-wilding some agricultural land.

Snowflakes at it again...oh wait...

17 minutes ago, sage said:

The BBC are only showing the final episode of his new series on iplayer.

Reports suggest some politicians may have objected to a section of re-wilding some agricultural land.

Snowflakes at it again...oh wait...

Its s*** mate. My daughter and son in law are farmers and they believe the government are trying to kill off small farmers in favour of large factory farming.

4 minutes ago, sage said:

This seems to be of no concern when it's even more concerning than the Gary Lineker situation

It's difficult to know where the 'truth' lies with this one. I read the stuff saying it was not being shown on air but only on iPlayer, and then other stuff saying the series was only meant to be 5 episodes and the '6th' doc was part funded by 'wildlife charities' and wasn't part of the series. Dunno.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

It’s in the guardian, will wait until I hear both sides on gb news before I form an opinion ?

I seem to remember someone on this forum saying the Guardian was not biased. This is what it says after this article:

The Guardian has spent the past 13 years tirelessly investigating the shortcomings of the Tories in office – austerity, Brexit, partygate, cronyism, the Truss debacle and the individual failings of ministers who behave as if the rules don’t apply to them.

Our work has resulted in resignations, apologies and policy corrections. Our continued revelations about the conveyor belt of Tory dysfunction are the latest in a long line of important scoops. And with an election just round the corner, we won’t stop now. It’s crucial that we can all make informed decisions about who is best to lead the UK. Will you invest in the Guardian this year?

So no bias there then? I mean that is the most biased thing I have ever seen in any newspaper.  

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If there'd be nothing to find then there'd be no bias?! ?

Except for the fact  that not everyone would agree that austerity was a shortcoming of the Tories rather than the state the Government finances were in after the credit crunch, or that Brexit was a shortcoming etc. etc. Did Labour have any shortcomings over the last 13 years? Apparently not according to the Guardian. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Except for the fact  that not everyone would agree that austerity was a shortcoming of the Tories rather than the state the Government finances were in after the credit crunch, or that Brexit was a shortcoming etc. etc. Did Labour have any shortcomings over the last 13 years? Apparently not according to the Guardian. 

Alright Rishi, great to know you’re a Derby fan. ??

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I seem to remember someone on this forum saying the Guardian was not biased. This is what it says after this article:

The Guardian has spent the past 13 years tirelessly investigating the shortcomings of the Tories in office – austerity, Brexit, partygate, cronyism, the Truss debacle and the individual failings of ministers who behave as if the rules don’t apply to them.

Our work has resulted in resignations, apologies and policy corrections. Our continued revelations about the conveyor belt of Tory dysfunction are the latest in a long line of important scoops. And with an election just round the corner, we won’t stop now. It’s crucial that we can all make informed decisions about who is best to lead the UK. Will you invest in the Guardian this year?

So no bias there then? I mean that is the most biased thing I have ever seen in any newspaper.  

All the newspapers print opinion columns and carry out investigations with their core readership in mind and in accordance with the direction of their owners. As far as the national daily newspapers go, they're stacked 5-3 in favour of the Conservative Party at best. And if you really believe that that quote from the Guardian is the most biased thing you've ever read in any newspaper, I can only assume that you've never read the Sun or the Mail. 

13 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Are you aware that between 2010 and 2016, the Tories increased the national debt by more than all the the Labour governments in history combined?

14 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Are you aware that between 2010 and 2016, the Tories increased the national debt by more than all the the Labour governments in history combined?

That is what happens in a recession, tax revenues go down, benefit payments go up (and bank bail outs too). And the recession (the steepest in Postwar history)  was caused by long periods of low interest rates, cheap credit and overspending, including Governments,  all ending in the credit crunch. 

Strange that people complain about "austerity" and yet also the national debt was too high. Just a bit contradictory don't you think?   

11 hours ago, Crewton said:

All the newspapers print opinion columns and carry out investigations with their core readership in mind and in accordance with the direction of their owners. As far as the national daily newspapers go, they're stacked 5-3 in favour of the Conservative Party at best. And if you really believe that that quote from the Guardian is the most biased thing you've ever read in any newspaper, I can only assume that you've never read the Sun or the Mail. 

I don't subscribe to either of those rags but I have every now and then picked one up. I don't think either paper makes its biggest (indeed only) selling point that they are anti Labour (or that they necessarily always are.. didn't the Sun recommend us to vote for Labour under Tony Blair?) 

I repeat, a direct appeal to fund the Guardian because they are anti Tory is the biggest admission of political bias I have ever seen in any newspaper. 

27 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don't subscribe to either of those rags but I have every now and then picked one up. I don't think either paper makes its biggest (indeed only) selling point that they are anti Labour (or that they necessarily always are.. didn't the Sun recommend us to vote for Labour under Tony Blair?) 

I repeat, a direct appeal to fund the Guardian because they are anti Tory is the biggest admission of political bias I have ever seen in any newspaper. 

Investigating the shortcomings of the government isn't "political bias", it's what newspapers are supposed to do (The Times does it on regularly too whatever shade the incumbent government is). The Guardian has a liberal, left-leaning bias, but IMO doesn't publish outright lies in order to discredit individuals or parties in the way that many of the right-leaning publications have done often in the past. 

14 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

or that Brexit was a shortcoming etc. etc.

I can admit I voted for Brexit, and now I feel completely duped into it, and that it’s been a complete balls up. It was only just over 50% that voted for it, and I think you’ll find a great many of them would change their kind now if they had the chance. All a bit late now. But toriles have definitely screwed the pooch, over and over and over again during their time at the wheel. 

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Investigating the shortcomings of the government isn't "political bias", it's what newspapers are supposed to do (The Times does it on regularly too whatever shade the incumbent government is). The Guardian has a liberal, left-leaning bias, but IMO doesn't publish outright lies in order to discredit individuals or parties in the way that many of the right-leaning publications have done often in the past. 

Seriously if you can't see bias in the quote from the Guardian  I made then I really worry about how easily people can be brainwashed. 

12 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I can admit I voted for Brexit, and now I feel completely duped into it, and that it’s been a complete balls up. It was only just over 50% that voted for it, and I think you’ll find a great many of them would change their kind now if they had the chance. All a bit late now. But toriles have definitely screwed the pooch, over and over and over again during their time at the wheel. 

You see I didn't vote for Brexit. But I don't think its been a complete balls up, its been pretty much as I expected no big difference either way.

So, what actually happened was that the BBC comissioned and scheduled a 5 parter. A 6th episode was made by the production company, funded by a third party (an environmental charity, I believe). The BBC sae it, liked it, paid for rights to it and are putting it out on iPlayer, but not broadcast tv ad there is no gap in the schedule.

Or so I understand. No evil Tory plan, no left wing snowflakes to be seen. Just a thing we don't need to get in a twist about.