Thanks a lot ref

B4ev6is

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You are correct but it does seem like every debatable decision goes against us and some which aren’t even worthy of being discussed are being given against us consistently 

I just listened to the interview by Warne and if I heard him making excuses about the standard of officiating against the club then this would have disturbed me greatly.

Instead he was honest enough to detail what things his team didn't do well enough tonight rather than focus on things outside of his sphere of influence which is to his credit.

That's where I am. 

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I just listened to the interview by Warne and if I heard him making excuses about the standard of officiating against the club then this would have disturbed me greatly.

Instead he was honest enough to detail what things his team didn't do well enough tonight rather than focus on things outside of his sphere of influence which is to his credit.

That's where I am. 

Yes he was very good in his interview- but we are still being shafted he just didn’t say that

48 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I suppose the impression of biased officiating is a leftover from the perception that the EFL were intent on nailing us over FFP and accounting rules. While it’s very unlikely It’s good to aim some vitriol at them the b*******

Well elf made it clear that as soon as looked like we were going up they had to find a way derail us and looked like he had worked.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

It was a dive for me yes but let’s be honest, we were dog ****.

Stop coming on here B4 blaming others and look at ourselves. We’re pathetic against the other big boys in this league.

Also - whilst I agree the ref was conned fair play to the lino for getting the offside call correct on NML. 95% put their flag up there.

We weren’t **** at all.

It was a competitive game between two well matched sides, won and lost on fine margins.

If Barkhuizen gets some purchase on that header to direct it into the corner, it’s 2-0 and it’s a different game and the mood feels different tonight.

The second goal in the game was crucial. We get it and we win because Plymouth and their home crowd were nervous and flat. But as it happens, they did and the game and the atmosphere was totally different.

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Maybe he didn't say that as he doesn't subscribe to that point of view 

Although apparently he did comment on tonight's penalty, as per the Derby Telegraph website (I'm pasting it here to save anyone the trauma of having to visit the site itself):

"To compound Warne's misery, he revealed in his post-match press conference what referee Charles Breakspear told White after the penalty incident

"I thought (the penalty) was weak," he said. "He said to the player I am sorry if I have got that wrong. That has wound me up even more. But in games like this you can't guess.""

I would agree that the majority of awful decisions we've seen have gone against us (come to think of it, 99% of them were in the Port Vale home match alone) but we've definitely got away with a few here and there, and even the odd penalty other refs might not have given us. That one last night was frustrating though - part of the game nowadays perhaps, but galling that the guy seemed ready to drop, with no critical threat to our goal (edge of the area and plenty of cover), White gave him the opportunity by putting his foot there and not taking the ball, and down he went. Just don't give any ref at this level a reason to toss his coin!

All teams have a bunch of supporters who blame the ref at every available opportunity because it's the easiest way out. 

We remember the decisions that went against us and forget the ones that went in our favour. It called loss aversion and it a highly researched well understood element of psychology. 

Their penalty was iffy, but I needed to see it 4 or 5 times to think he may not have caught him and even now I'm not sure.

We lost fair and square. 
image.jpeg.893147ff26bf3c2c6f10e6b714dc0f6e.jpeg

Edited by Bob The Badger

To summarise we were crap! The penalty was harsh but in todays game players have the fall over mentality drilled into them. We look tired a result of a threadbare squad and the inability to add to it of any real talent.

personally I don’t think we’ll make the playoffs I may sound harsh but I think our legginess will catch us up. I’m happy to stay down tbh as with our hands tied financially how the hell would we compete in the championship.

but I don’t agree with this out to get us idea about the EFL what the more concerning thing is we seem to be in a climate across society where we lack quality in all professions so out of fear we add quantity there’s been a massive decline in the ability of Refs across the football pyramid and if you watch other teams games you’ll realise how poor or dare I say abysmal the standard of refereeing is in the UK.

At the end of the day Plymouth have taken 6 points from us after we’ve led in both games. Not good enough game management.

automatics was always a long shot, even if we’d won yesterday. We’ve got to focus on finishing in the play offs which won’t be easy with Wycombe coming up on us. We could have dispatched Shrewsbury from the fight but let them back in too 

8 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

I suppose the impression of biased officiating is a leftover from the perception that the EFL were intent on nailing us over FFP and accounting rules. While it’s very unlikely It’s good to aim some vitriol at them the b*******

Too be fair though,the refs have been the same in the championship for the last 3 seasons,it has got to be some kind of vendetta against us as it seems to happen every game,whether it be something simple as a foul against us or the constant b******* penalties we have had against us this season,in my eyes teams like Reading who are guilty of the same stuff as us never get any of this s**** thrown at them like we do!!???

1 hour ago, jameso said:

Although apparently he did comment on tonight's penalty, as per the Derby Telegraph website (I'm pasting it here to save anyone the trauma of having to visit the site itself):

"To compound Warne's misery, he revealed in his post-match press conference what referee Charles Breakspear told White after the penalty incident

"I thought (the penalty) was weak," he said. "He said to the player I am sorry if I have got that wrong. That has wound me up even more. But in games like this you can't guess.""

I would agree that the majority of awful decisions we've seen have gone against us (come to think of it, 99% of them were in the Port Vale home match alone) but we've definitely got away with a few here and there, and even the odd penalty other refs might not have given us. That one last night was frustrating though - part of the game nowadays perhaps, but galling that the guy seemed ready to drop, with no critical threat to our goal (edge of the area and plenty of cover), White gave him the opportunity by putting his foot there and not taking the ball, and down he went. Just don't give any ref at this level a reason to toss his coin!

I disagree with that; it was clear and obvious to 95% of those watching that the player feigned being tripped. The correct decision is fk to Derby and yellow card to the Plymouth player. Many Plymouth fans have admitted to it not being a penalty. So, the conclusion is we were cheated out of a point and Plymouth cheated 2 points. 
The poor standard of referees in League One is clearly impacting on results and League positions. By putting the focus on White you are taking the focus off the real issue: cheating players and poor referees. 

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

All teams have a bunch of supporters who blame the ref at every available opportunity because it's the easiest way out. 

We remember the decisions that went against us and forget the ones that went in our favour. It called loss aversion and it a highly researched well understood element of psychology. 

Their penalty was iffy, but I needed to see it 4 or 5 times to think he may not have caught him and even now I'm not sure.

We lost fair and square. 
image.jpeg.893147ff26bf3c2c6f10e6b714dc0f6e.jpeg

Really? I knew immediately it wasn’t a penalty for sure. And given what the ref said to White it’s clear there was sufficient doubt in his mind not to give it. Conclusion: not a penalty - simulation by the player, yellow card, fk to Derby, result 1:1. 

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

Did we have a shot in the second half?

The stats are remarkably similar on shots etc, but because Plymouth were the better side in the second half, their manager gets to say "we deserved to win" and can avoid saying "but we needed the rub of the green to achieve that".

No-one ever takes a balanced view of the whole game, which seems to me (on reading reports only) that a draw would have been the "fairest" result. 

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I disagree with that; it was clear and obvious to 95% of those watching that the player feigned being tripped. The correct decision is fk to Derby and yellow card to the Plymouth player. Many Plymouth fans have admitted to it not being a penalty. So, the conclusion is we were cheated out of a point and Plymouth cheated 2 points. 
The poor standard of referees in League One is clearly impacting on results and League positions. By putting the focus on White you are taking the focus off the real issue: cheating players and poor referees. 

If the penalty hadn't been given we'd have still lost the game.  A goal was coming.  Exactly the same as Saturday.

27 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The stats are remarkably similar on shots etc, but because Plymouth were the better side in the second half, their manager gets to say "we deserved to win" and can avoid saying "but we needed the rub of the green to achieve that".

No-one ever takes a balanced view of the whole game, which seems to me (on reading reports only) that a draw would have been the "fairest" result. 

To be fair whilst we were better than them in the first half, they were significantly better than us in the second half.

They deserved that win.

59 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Well I don't disagree with your point about the main issue being cheating players and poor referees except for the fact they were the focus of my message, not White - I was just also pointing out that it was something he (and all players) could do better given that these seem to be fixed features of our situation: (1) readiness to dive (mentioned in my post); and (2) awful refereeing at L1 level (also mentioned).

By way of a (hopefully suitable) analogy, if you play in defence and you know your goalie is useless at kicking with his left, but you kick it to his left side anyway and soon after he's picking the ball out of his net, the underlying problem is that your goalie is useless with his left, but does that mean it was perfectly OK for you to hit it to his left side when you already knew that?