Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

Just now, Srg said:

It's also a "pink day". Everyone has been urged to come wearing pink to show your support for the lads.

I really liked the pink kit we had, my lad looked really smart in it and came at a time when pink was all in fashion at his school. He hasn't grown much so might be able to twist his arm at coming tomorrow to wear it.

1 hour ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Hi guys another Wanderer here and equally perplexed why most posts are about the crowd not the game? Brilliant support you’ve had this season after all that’s gone on so well done on that. Should be a cracking game with both sides going for a win and both in good form. Obviously we’re suffering from a few injuries and departures, especially Afolyan going and Bod out for the season but we should still have more than enough to compete. It goes without saying that this game should be in a higher division than this so let’s hope we can both get there soon. A draw wouldn’t be bad for either but I think we need the win more than you do. Whatever happens I think we’ll both make the top six so we may have to meet again this season yet? Let’s just hope it’s a good game and not spoiled by poor refereeing.

ps. Simpson is from Lancashire ?‍♂️

Tomorrow’s ref’s hobby is sending off Derby County players. IIRC he has a consistent record over the last 5 games; last one {Sibley} was rescinded which gives a flavour of how keenly he is to reach for the red. ?

Edited by Ellafella

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

This is indeed a very strange matchthread, as our visitors have pointed out. I'm reminded that the better you get at golf, the more boring it becomes because you're always hitting it from tee to fairway to green and then holing in two putts. And maybe when we have a more settled team and way of playing, and are unbeaten for a long time, the football discussion has become dull too? We all pretty much know what the team will be and hope it will prove another especially good day for McGoldrick at top and Wildsmith at the back. And with Knight's energy there'll be more of a contest in midfield as well as us threatening down the flanks. After conceding a couple of goals, I'm certain the defence will be annoyed and want to get back to clean sheets.

A thread's started on the Bolton forum: https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t24950-derby-v-bolton

Should the worst happen and @Diego's run comes to an end, can we borrow Natasha to start our next thread?

@Carl Saganmight I remind you of Catastrophe Theory viz. Small changes in certain parameters of a nonlinear system can cause equilibria to appear or disappear, or to change from attracting to repelling and vice versa, leading to large and sudden changes of the behaviour of the system. However, examined in a larger parameter space, catastrophe theory reveals that such bifurcation points tend to occur as part of well-defined qualitative geometrical structures. In short, our recent good form disappears and we get stuffed. ?‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

@Carl Saganmight I remind you of Catastrophe Theory viz. Small changes in certain parameters of a nonlinear system can cause equilibria to appear or disappear, or to change from attracting to repelling and vice versa, leading to large and sudden changes of the behaviour of the system. However, examined in a larger parameter space, catastrophe theory reveals that such bifurcation points tend to occur as part of well-defined qualitative geometrical structures. In short, our recent good form disappears and we get stuffed. ?‍♂️

You lost me at viz (used to be good read)

1 hour ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Hi guys another Wanderer here and equally perplexed why most posts are about the crowd not the game? Brilliant support you’ve had this season after all that’s gone on so well done on that. Should be a cracking game with both sides going for a win and both in good form. Obviously we’re suffering from a few injuries and departures, especially Afolyan going and Bod out for the season but we should still have more than enough to compete. It goes without saying that this game should be in a higher division than this so let’s hope we can both get there soon. A draw wouldn’t be bad for either but I think we need the win more than you do. Whatever happens I think we’ll both make the top six so we may have to meet again this season yet? Let’s just hope it’s a good game and not spoiled by poor refereeing.

I fully expect a tight game just as at yours. Two similar sides cancelling each other out. You nicked possession, just. You had 9 shots to our 11. Both had 2 on target. I expect similar stats tomorrow.

Quite a few of your fans have been saying we parked the bus. Stats seem to show that you did too. That or the defences ruled.

28 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

ps. Simpson is from Lancashire ?‍♂️

Tomorrow’s ref’s hobby is sending off Derby County players. IIRC he has a consistent record over the last 5 games; last one {Sibley} was rescinded which gives a flavour of how keenly he is to reach for the red. ?

04E165B3-8FF2-4945-9593-E3570B62EA58.jpeg

4 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I fully expect a tight game just as at yours. Two similar sides cancelling each other out. You nicked possession, just. You had 9 shots to our 11. Both had 2 on target. I expect similar stats tomorrow.

Quite a few of your fans have been saying we parked the bus. Stats seem to show that you did too. That or the defences ruled.

Weather ruled tbh ! Awful conditions to play in.

Pink doesn't have to be a girly colour, and cancer won't care what colour clothes you have on. Seriously, apparently in "business b******* land" pink is a power colour and the boss with a salmon pink shirt on is more of a power boss then the white shirted one.....

I've had close family members diagnosed with cancer twice and another one currently undergoing treatment.

I know that there are a million and one worthy causes and cancer research is just one of them.

Looks like Bolton fans are getting the club into trouble. BWFC has just released this statement...

Bolton Wanderers would like to reiterate the expected standards of behaviour from Whites’ supporters on match days, particularly when travelling to away fixtures.

Unfortunately, as a consequence of ongoing disorder from a small minority of fans when visiting opposition grounds this season, the club has now been warned and sanctioned by the FA as part of their new measures to tackle anti-social behaviour.

This is costing the club both financially and reputationally and is incredibly disappointing when so much is being done by so many to ensure Bolton Wanderers is a stable and sustainable football club, continuing its positive journey forwards.

In a move to further combat behaviour that disrupts and endangers fellow football fans, the club has developed its own new Fan Sanction Policy that provides transparency around the penalties that will be imposed to fans who breach the guidelines set out in the document.

The club will now consult with the Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust with a view to finalising and subsequently publishing this policy.

This policy will clearly outline the sanctions that will be related to offences including the use of pyrotechnics, missile throwing, pitch incursion, aggression towards staff and the use of discriminatory language and behaviour, amongst others.

Neil Hart, Chief Executive Officer at Bolton Wanderers said: “We are urging supporters to consider their behaviour, particularly when attending away games, where most of these issues are arising.

“A small minority are spoiling the experience for other supporters and causing ongoing difficulties for the club which is, otherwise, in a fantastic position.

“We ask all fans to please enjoy upcoming games in a way that represents the very best of Bolton Wanderers.”

The club acknowledges that the majority of fans are fantastic ambassadors of the Wanderers. However, those who persist in their disregard of the safety and wellbeing of other fans are urged to reconsider their approach to matchdays - and to understand that the club will take decisive action against those who breach the safety guidelines in place to ensure that everyone can enjoy matchdays both home and away.