Chat GPT

Shipley Ram

21 hours ago, David said:

Hate it. 

The technology behind it is incredible, I just don't want to see the internet bloated with AI articles, social media and even worse forum posts.

In smart speakers like Echo, HomePod, Google Home I get it, they could all improve massively with this to answer random questions fired at them.

Humans are being replaced by robots and AI, won't even need to drive ourselves soon.

It's all a bit too much for me!

Could AI replace moderators?

I mean, AI could interpret forum rules exactly and not have to rely on semi-pished humans with all that in built fallibility, bias and stupidity.

If it went wrong, It couldn't wire a plug as well as @Boycie could though.

Amazing piece of engineering. It has got Google very worried, especially since Microsoft has invested into OpenAI who built it. If the rumours that from March, Microsoft will integrate it into its search engine (Bing) they may have played a blinder there. Incidently ChatGPT was at full capacity this evening. First time I have seen this.

15 hours ago, 1of4 said:

The above post that was a response to a post of my own, as left me a little puzzled. Not the post per say but the emoji it generated.

I know I'm not amongst the smartest members on here. So I'm hoping someone can explain why the laughing emoji, as I'm failing to see the joke. 

I think it was just considered amusing that they might be expected to read a book with no pictures ?

On 15/01/2023 at 01:34, ariotofmyown said:

"A football team forum often receives many posts during a matchday from people who rarely post at other times. These posts usually happen when the team are losing and are very critical to the team, often well over the top. What drives people to post in this manner?"

There are several factors that may drive people to post in a critical and emotional manner on a football team forum during a matchday, particularly when the team is losing.

One potential factor is the strong emotional investment that fans have in their team. When a team is losing, fans may feel a sense of disappointment, frustration, or even anger. This emotional state can lead them to want to express their feelings and vent their emotions through posting on a forum.

Another potential factor is the sense of community that fans may feel with other fans of the team. When a team is losing, fans may feel the need to connect with others who are also experiencing similar emotions, and a forum can provide an outlet for this.

Additionally, the anonymity of the internet can also drive people to post more critically, as they may feel less accountable for their words and actions.

Finally, the immediacy of social media and the internet, can facilitate the expression of these emotions, as people can post their thoughts and feelings in real-time, as the match is happening.

It's important to note that people's emotions can be complex and multifaceted, and these are only some of the possible factors that might drive people to post in a critical and emotional manner on a football team forum during a matchday.

We played well and won. Everyone agrees. No discussion needed. 

we played badly and lost .. everyone has their own ideas of what went wrong and multiple disagreements about what if anything needs to change. 

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I assumed that was fake, but I tried it and it really does refuse to write a poem about Donald Trump, but will write one about Joe Biden

However - it also happily accepted writing a poem about how wonderful Margaret Thatcher was, and the same for George W Bush. It also wrote a nice poem about Bolsanaro, and also a nice one about Andrew Tate and David Icke!

It refuses to write about Pinochet, Pol Pot, Hitler and tells you at length about their tyranny and human rights violations

Ditto Harold Shipman and other murderers

So I'm not sure what's going on. Trump is the only political figure I've found where it literally takes the fifth

However - it doesn't surprise me to see the culture warriors giving it all their best hyperbole about "irreparable credibility". Jesus - they need to get a life!

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I assumed that was fake, but I tried it and it really does refuse to write a poem about Donald Trump, but will write one about Joe Biden

However - it also happily accepted writing a poem about how wonderful Margaret Thatcher was, and the same for George W Bush. It also wrote a nice poem about Bolsanaro, and also a nice one about Andrew Tate and David Icke!

It refuses to write about Pinochet, Pol Pot, Hitler and tells you at length about their tyranny and human rights violations

Ditto Harold Shipman and other murderers

So I'm not sure what's going on. Trump is the only political figure I've found where it literally takes the fifth

However - it doesn't surprise me to see the culture warriors giving it all their best hyperbole about "irreparable credibility". Jesus - they need to get a life!

To be fair, you don’t have to be particularly intelligent to realise trump is an idiot that lives closer to Harold shipman than David icke on the scale of decency. The developer didn’t have to build that in, it just means this AI is more intelligent than your average slack jawed, banjo playing yokel. 

On 01/02/2023 at 23:45, TigerTedd said:

To be fair, you don’t have to be particularly intelligent to realise trump is an idiot that lives closer to Harold shipman than David icke on the scale of decency. The developer didn’t have to build that in, it just means this AI is more intelligent than your average slack jawed, banjo playing yokel. 

You talkin' bout me beoooy

70S Banjo GIF

After reading the Trump poem debacle that @maxjam posted and like @Stive Pesley I too tried out, I posted this command

Write my an article comparing the first season of Paul Warne at Derby County to that of Arthur Cox. Give stats of games played, goals scored, goals conceded and strength of opposition.

Here's its response.

Paul Warne and Arthur Cox are both former managers of Derby County Football Club. Their first seasons at the club are often compared, and in this article, we'll take a look at their statistics and see how they compare.

Paul Warne was appointed as the manager of Derby County in the summer of 2020, taking over a team that had struggled in recent seasons. In his first season at the club, Warne led the team to a 12th place finish in the league, with a record of 17 wins, 11 draws, and 14 losses. The team scored 50 goals and conceded 48 in the 42 games played.

There was more that was right, but that is a massive red flag for users.

I've been doing quite a lot of playing about with it and it's incredible. But, if it is getting such basic and verifiable stuff wrong, that's concerning.

I'm sure stuff like the Trump poem and this will get ironed out as it progresses, but until then it's definitely a case of user beware.

5 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

After reading the Trump poem debacle that @maxjam posted and like @Stive Pesley I too tried out, I posted this command

Write my an article comparing the first season of Paul Warne at Derby County to that of Arthur Cox. Give stats of games played, goals scored, goals conceded and strength of opposition.

Here's its response.

Paul Warne and Arthur Cox are both former managers of Derby County Football Club. Their first seasons at the club are often compared, and in this article, we'll take a look at their statistics and see how they compare.

Paul Warne was appointed as the manager of Derby County in the summer of 2020, taking over a team that had struggled in recent seasons. In his first season at the club, Warne led the team to a 12th place finish in the league, with a record of 17 wins, 11 draws, and 14 losses. The team scored 50 goals and conceded 48 in the 42 games played.

There was more that was right, but that is a massive red flag for users.

I've been doing quite a lot of playing about with it and it's incredible. But, if it is getting such basic and verifiable stuff wrong, that's concerning.

I'm sure stuff like the Trump poem and this will get ironed out as it progresses, but until then it's definitely a case of user beware.

I wonder where it’s getting those stats from then? It sounds very specific like it’s using stats from a different person.

34 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I wonder where it’s getting those stats from then? It sounds very specific like it’s using stats from a different person.

ChatGPT isn't working in real time, it cannot access any data after some time in 2021. Everything is programmed into it.

But that still doesn't explain why it would have something so glaringly wrong.

ChatGPT is a waste of time - 

come up with an english football chant about derby county

"We are the pride of Derby, With colors that shine so bright. Our love for our County will never die, We'll fight till the end with all our might.

We'll sing and we'll shout, For our boys in red and white. With every step and every leap, We'll show the world our might.

From the hills of Pride Park, We'll send our voices high. With passion in our hearts, Derby County, we'll never die!

So come on you Rams, Let's make some noise tonight. We are the pride of Derby, And we'll always stand up for what's right!"