Chat GPT

Shipley Ram

Anyone had a go?

It seems quite clever but is patchy on it's Derby knowledge. I love Malcolm Christie but don't know if he merits inclusion on the top players list, and as for Shilts?

What is Derby Country all time best 11

"I'm sorry, but as a language model, I don't have the ability to form opinions or make subjective decisions such as determining an "all-time best 11" for Derby County. However, I can give you some information about notable players in the club's history that you could use to make your own list. Some of the most notable players to have played for Derby County include:

Steve Bloomer: Considered one of the club's all-time greatest players, Bloomer scored a club record of 332 goals in all competitions between 1892 and 1914.

Brian Clough: A legendary manager, Clough led Derby County to the First Division title in 1972, ending a six-year spell of dominance by Leeds United.

Roy McFarland: A central defender, McFarland played for Derby County between 1968 and 1980 and captained the team during the 1970s.

Archie Gemmill: A midfielder, Gemmill played for Derby County between 1976 and 1981 and was a key player in the team that won the First Division title in 1972.

Peter Shilton: One of England's greatest goalkeepers, Shilton played for Derby County between 1971 and 1974 before going on to play for other clubs including Nottingham Forest, Plymouth Argyle, Southampton, and Aston Villa.

Malcolm Christie: A striker, Christie played for Derby County between 2000 and 2005 and scored a total of 33 goals in all competitions.

It's worth noting that this is not an exhaustive list, and many other players have made significant contributions to the club's history."

Didn't Peter Shilton play for Derby later in his career?

"Yes, you are correct. Peter Shilton played for Derby County later in his career. He returned to the club in 1984, after 10 years of playing for other clubs, and played for Derby until 1997, making a total of over 300 appearances for the club. I apologize for any confusion in my previous response, and for not including the latter part of his career in Derby County. Shilton is considered as one of the greatest goalkeepers in the history of English football, and his second stint at Derby County was a significant part of his career."

Hate it. 

The technology behind it is incredible, I just don't want to see the internet bloated with AI articles, social media and even worse forum posts.

In smart speakers like Echo, HomePod, Google Home I get it, they could all improve massively with this to answer random questions fired at them.

Humans are being replaced by robots and AI, won't even need to drive ourselves soon.

It's all a bit too much for me!

28 minutes ago, David said:

Hate it. 

The technology behind it is incredible, I just don't want to see the internet bloated with AI articles, social media and even worse forum posts.

In smart speakers like Echo, HomePod, Google Home I get it, they could all improve massively with this to answer random questions fired at them.

Humans are being replaced by robots and AI, won't even need to drive ourselves soon.

It's all a bit too much for me!

Have you asked it to write code for you? My mates and I were thinking that we could get it to invent things...if it has read all patents, ut could surely combine them to create something remarkable.

It does raise questions about why learn anything when AI can just provide a better answer.

10 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Have you asked it to write code for you? My mates and I were thinking that we could get it to invent things...if it has read all patents, ut could surely combine them to create something remarkable.

It does raise questions about why learn anything when AI can just provide a better answer.

Never written a line of code in my life so wouldn't know where to start ?

As you say raises questions, questions which for me are worrying.

Cars, undoubtedly the roads will be much safer once the technology gets there, HGV's will naturally follow eventually with no driver at all, no rest stops, 24/7 on the roads.

Planes, trains, boats....

All sounds great until you think about the job losses. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Cars, undoubtedly the roads will be much safer once the technology gets there, HGV's will naturally follow eventually with no driver at all, no rest stops, 24/7 on the roads.

I don't want to be any near a lorry doing 60, carrying good knows what, without a driver to move it. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

If everything was run for us, would we have a life of leisure and fun, or would we not know what to do.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Put this in: "A football club forum on the interenet has a database table called members with user_id, username, firstname, lastname and email_address. Another table called posts has user_id, post_id, text, likes and date_posted. A third table called warnings has post_id, warning_date. Write sql code that shows the number of likes per post for each month of 2022. Then write code that shows whether google email domain has a higher proportion of warnings than other domains."

"A football team forum often receives many posts during a matchday from people who rarely post at other times. These posts usually happen when the team are losing and are very critical to the team, often well over the top. What drives people to post in this manner?"

There are several factors that may drive people to post in a critical and emotional manner on a football team forum during a matchday, particularly when the team is losing.

One potential factor is the strong emotional investment that fans have in their team. When a team is losing, fans may feel a sense of disappointment, frustration, or even anger. This emotional state can lead them to want to express their feelings and vent their emotions through posting on a forum.

Another potential factor is the sense of community that fans may feel with other fans of the team. When a team is losing, fans may feel the need to connect with others who are also experiencing similar emotions, and a forum can provide an outlet for this.

Additionally, the anonymity of the internet can also drive people to post more critically, as they may feel less accountable for their words and actions.

Finally, the immediacy of social media and the internet, can facilitate the expression of these emotions, as people can post their thoughts and feelings in real-time, as the match is happening.

It's important to note that people's emotions can be complex and multifaceted, and these are only some of the possible factors that might drive people to post in a critical and emotional manner on a football team forum during a matchday.

8 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Put this in: "A football club forum on the interenet has a database table called members with user_id, username, firstname, lastname and email_address. Another table called posts has user_id, post_id, text, likes and date_posted. A third table called warnings has post_id, warning_date. Write sql code that shows the number of likes per post for each month of 2022. Then write code that shows whether google email domain has a higher proportion of warnings than other domains."

fawlty-towers.gif

How weird, I’d never heard of this til this morning. I saw this subject pop up and thought ‘nah, I don’t fancy chatting about Grand Prix’. 

But then I remembered this had just popped up on my YouTube feed: 

and everything started to make sense.

just weird that half an hour ago u didn’t know this thing existed, and now it’s everywhere I look. 

A while ago I think Google were demonstrating an AI they had, and the demonstration was that you call a hair salon to book an appointment, and it was a really natural conversation, and the person booking the appointment had no idea that they’d been speaking to AI. A really good demo for a very simple transaction that would happen all the time. 

When you go to these online chats for companies now through their website, they’ll usually out you through to an AI first. But it’s crap. It’s basically an FAQ search function, and it’s blatantly obvious that you’re speaking to AI.

If my question could have been answered by searching through FAQs, I would’ve done that already. So I ended up pasting, ‘put through to a human’ over and over again until the AI gets the hint. 

This goes to show that maybe we’re not to far from a natural AI that can answer and deal with more complex issues.

Or maybe we are dealing with complex AI all the time, and just don’t notice, and that’s the point. 

9 hours ago, David said:

If we have everything done for us by AI systems, meaning the loss of thousands if not millions of jobs. Where are people going to get the money to buy the services that are being provided by these automated systems?

Will people that are still required to manually carry out certain tasks be paid a fortune? Would these jobs end up being sheared between ten, twenty a hundred people, would all these workers be paid a living wage for a few hours work?

Would we see the introduction of a national wage?

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

If everything was run for us, would we have a life of leisure and fun, or would we not know what to do.

That’s the Utopia. They’ll have to sort something out, because the rich only get richer if the poor have money to give to them. If everyone is unemployed cos AI and robots does it all, then who pays the rich, and who pays for all these robots.

Eventually there will have to be some massive shift in the idea of economics. I can’t really see it happening while the status quote works for so many powerful people already.

Most sci fi films theorise that it takes some apocalyptic event to get us to that position where we realise money doesn’t really matter. I really hope it doesn’t take that. I think COVID was the closest we got, and I’d really not like to go much more extreme than that to show society what is really important, but you just end up with politicians taking advantage of the situation, and the population reverts quite quickly to the status quo.

So my imagination can’t comprehend how we can get from where we are now, to a utopian society where AI does everything, and we kick back, relax, and devote ourselves to philosophy and higher learning, eventually evolving into pure energy, angelic beings. Can’t see it happening in my lifetime. 

40 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

If we have everything done for us by AI systems, meaning the loss of thousands if not millions of jobs. Where are people going to get the money to buy the services that are being provided by these automated systems?

Will people that are still required to manually carry out certain tasks be paid a fortune? Would these jobs end up being sheared between ten, twenty a hundred people, would all these workers be paid a living wage for a few hours work?

Would we see the introduction of a national wage?

Bastani's book "Fully Automated Luxury Communism" is an interesting read on this subject

6 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Bastani's book "Fully Automated Luxury Communism" is an interesting read on this subject

The above post that was a response to a post of my own, as left me a little puzzled. Not the post per say but the emoji it generated.

I know I'm not amongst the smartest members on here. So I'm hoping someone can explain why the laughing emoji, as I'm failing to see the joke.