What is our best side?

sage

I was going to say 71-72 but I think 75-76 was even better....just because of Charlie George.

Henry Newton, David Nish and Bruce Rioch were good additions also. Rod Thomas not bad. Leighton James, bit hit and miss but I liked him.

Oh, the current squad?

4-3-3

Wildsmith

Smith   Forsyth  Cashin   Roberts

Knight    Bird     Sibley

NML      McGoldrick   Barkhuizen

Note: Bielik for Bird if we ever get him back.

Edited by IslandExile

2 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Not wishing to start an argument, but I will anyway, it’s not about eleven is it, it’s which are the best to start and which are the best to make an impact from the bench, the latter could be the difference in getting a result, but as you were anyway.?

Feel free to name a bench as well

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Not wishing to start an argument, but I will anyway, it’s not about eleven is it, it’s which are the best to start and which are the best to make an impact from the bench, the latter could be the difference in getting a result, but as you were anyway.?

SuperSub Frank Wignall was great when only one sub was allowed.

Trouble is he's a bit older now at 83!

We used to need an all-rounder, now each position has a sub waiting to come on!

Bird and Hairyhands in the same side doesn’t work that well (usually) for me.

Think we need one or t’other but appreciate that with current squad it is often needs must and they are both in.

I think we would ideally have a more fierce powerful battler type general (good day Bradley Johnson) in the deepest midfield role allowing one of Bird/Hairy to be picked based on form.

37 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I actually agree with your 11, apart from having Sibley in for Dobbin. Dobbin is the better technical player, and also much quicker and has a very important role in the squad. However I think that Sibley's recent form, with much better end product of the two, gets him in my eleven.

In a 4231 I like to have a winger one side and a wide forward on the other