Do we really know what restrictions we are under ?

jono

On 22/12/2022 at 08:41, Ghost of Clough said:

The administrators report

Except I'm not blindly guessing. My estimates are based on the concrete figures of our club from the recent 12 month period starting September 2021 through to September 2022.

"Want us to suffer". I thought we were over the conspiracy theories now. It can never be a 'business model', because it means giving the club away to someone else. A squad stripped apart and the highly probably risk of relegation with loss of revenue ensure administration isn't worthwhile. Name a single club who have gone into administration since point deductions were introduced who say "you know what, I'm really glad we went in to administration back in XXXX".

I've never given a figure for Rotherham's compensation. I have given a grouped figure of £5m for that compensation and payments for Jozwiak and Bielik. Each of those will be close to £2.5m

My figures are wrong? I'm sure they are, but my estimates aren't usually too far off, even for other clubs I have zero interest in. How have you come to the conclusion that I'm wrong? Can you show me your calculations, because if I've missed something I'd like to correct my errors
The transfer payments are one off figures and a legacy from the old regime. There is a very strong probability this will have been considered when drafting the business plan. For example, my £7m loss after tax would result in an EBITDA very close to £0.

PS. a 50% limit of wages to revenue would still be a stricter requirement than any other L1 club are operating at. The lowest in recent seasons was Forest Green with 57.5%, with Bristol Rovers as high as 155%. Plymouth and Portsmouth are 2nd and 3rd best, hovering in the 60-65% region.

Because Jozwiak was not a UK player the compo may not kick in, in the interests of fairness I hope it does or it may affect our  chances of recruiting outside the UK.  I think I remember reading though that the EFL rules of 100% payments didn't apply.  I think there are a lot of fans still banging the negative drum about potential debts etc!

We've got a genuine local owner who cares about our amazing club, not his own self interest and profile.  DC will do well by our club and building may take a little longer, it will be measured and careful.  One thing is for sure, he won't be as reckless as his predecessor..

9 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

Because Jozwiak was not a UK player the compo may not kick in, in the interests of fairness I hope it does or it may affect our  chances of recruiting outside the UK.  I think I remember reading though that the EFL rules of 100% payments didn't apply.  I think there are a lot of fans still banging the negative drum about potential debts etc!

We've got a genuine local owner who cares about our amazing club, not his own self interest and profile.  DC will do well by our club and building may take a little longer, it will be measured and careful.  One thing is for sure, he won't be as reckless as his predecessor..

It went to a FIFA tribunal...

SmartSelect_20221224_084454_Drive.thumb.jpg.6e7d3aec094e8e25be76e24bd6120835.jpg

30 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Presume the single judge referred to in the statement goes by the name of mr S. Gibson .

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Well, I can't see anything in here that wasn't accepted. It reads like the failure of the club to respond to the charge (presumably the administrators?) caused an automatic guilty verdict. 

We must have paid it, though, or we wouldn't have been able to sign our freebies this year.

All a bit odd, really, and I can't recall seeing this discussed before.

What a bloody waste of money Jozwiak was, though! Give me NML anyday! 

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Its been settled, it said we had 45 days to pay the debt and could not sign any players until it was settled.  So your calculations must be wrong and that's almost 3M Euros you've over calculated by.....

6 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Its been settled, it said we had 45 days to pay the debt and could not sign any players until it was settled.  So your calculations must be wrong and that's almost 3M Euros you've over calculated by.....

The rules say any embargo would be up to a maximum of three whole transfer windows. Our transfer window had already been open for 2 weeks, so any potential ban would have only kicked in during this upcoming January window.

The payment was most likely paid in the current accounting period.

There's a chance ice included the fee in the wrong period, but I'm most likely correct. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The rules say any embargo would be up to a maximum of three whole transfer windows. Our transfer window had already been open for 2 weeks, so any potential ban would have only kicked in during this upcoming January window.

The payment was most likely paid in the current accounting period.

There's a chance ice included the fee in the wrong period, but I'm most likely correct. 

It's clear the debt had to be settled in full including interest NLT 4 Aug or we could not register players until such time as it was. 

"Pursuant to art. 24 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players if full payment (including all applicable interest) is not made within 45 days of notification of this decision, the following consequences shall apply:

1. The Respondent shall be banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, up until the due amount is paid. The maximum duration the ban shall be of three entire and consecutive registration periods."

Read it again its clear that the ban is with immediate effect regardless of a transfer window being open or not, we also signed players after the 4 Aug so its been paid!

Edited by RAM1966

1 hour ago, RAM1966 said:

It's clear the debt had to be settled in full including interest NLT 4 Aug or we could not register players until such time as it was. 

"Pursuant to art. 24 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players if full payment (including all applicable interest) is not made within 45 days of notification of this decision, the following consequences shall apply:

1. The Respondent shall be banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, up until the due amount is paid. The maximum duration the ban shall be of three entire and consecutive registration periods."

Read it again its clear that the ban is with immediate effect regardless of a transfer window being open or not, we also signed players after the 4 Aug so its been paid!

Read it again. It says the ban only comes into place if not paid within 45 days. Signings can still be made during that period.

I havent doubted that it has been paid or not. I'm saying it was most likely paid in the current accounting period (essentially the 22/23 season).

53 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Read it again. It says the ban only comes into place if not paid within 45 days. Signings can still be made during that period.

I havent doubted that it has been paid or not. I'm saying it was most likely paid in the current accounting period (essentially the 22/23 season).

Yes and immediately, this has been dealt with and as part of the takeover so as not to restrict DCFCs OPEX budget.  Regardless you've pretty much agreed you don't know whether its been paid or not, so you haven't a clue.  Essentially you've thrown some figures together to support a doom and gloom theory.

Merry Xmas

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

WBA have had to take a £20 mill loan from MSD.  And Brum are said to be £120 mill in debt. I’m sure their fans don’t know what will happen to them. I just home the EFL treat everyone fairly.

Reading on the BBC it doesn’t look good for WBA.

Parachute payments end this year and it would appear, some of the money is required to repay a loan to the controlling shareholder who’s other business (or one of them) is struggling to repay a Covid loan.

Despite their poor start, they are only 3 points off the play offs. If they don’t get promoted this year or next, they could face difficult times.

Despite what we may think of the EFL, I’m pretty confident they will apply the same rules for P&S breaches as they did us. West Brom are still operating in the black so they’re unlikely to breach for a couple of years. I don’t know about Birmingham but, of course, they can’t be punished for having a large debt provided they service them and operate within P&S rules.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Reading on the BBC it doesn’t look good for WBA.

Parachute payments end this year and it would appear, some of the money is required to repay a loan to the controlling shareholder who’s other business (or one of them) is struggling to repay a Covid loan.

Despite their poor start, they are only 3 points off the play offs. If they don’t get promoted this year or next, they could face difficult times.

Despite what we may think of the EFL, I’m pretty confident they will apply the same rules for P&S breaches as they did us. West Brom are still operating in the black so they’re unlikely to breach for a couple of years. I don’t know about Birmingham but, of course, they can’t be punished for having a large debt provided they service them and operate within P&S rules.

Get Kieran Maguire to investigate and do some digging. If there is wrongdoing would expect the EFL to act appropriately. If they don’t then Parry can expect a few questions

Some find it hard to believe that EFL’s restrictions would permit us to be loss making. But thinking about it, after the Kirch fell off his perch we were looking down a barrel - so perhaps the EFl agreed a favourable deal out of fear of being blamed for our demise. DC would have had a pretty strong hand in that negotiation