FA cup

Foreveram

37 minutes ago, SKRam said:

The big question is will Dean Sturbridge be guest of honour. I thought he played for Torquay so had a look and sure enough five goals in 10 loan appearances.

Or could it be one of the five ex-Rams players who managed Torquay - Bruce Rioch, David Webb, John Sims, Don O'Riordan or Roy McFarland?

Quite a connection for two clubs who despite their long connection with the EFL have never before met in a competitive game.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

I was born near Torquay and watched them as a lad before coming up north. The local games against Exeter and Plymouth were as fierce as Rams v Forest, often though they were in different divisions. We (note the we) almost made it to Div 2 one year but there were strong suspicions that the last few games were not fought as hard as they may have been due to the horrendous travel cost to other Div 2 teams at the time, most were midlands or north.

After many years in Div three and being largely debt free a steady decline started and now they are sliding down the tree even further in Non league. I fear for their future as a club.

Trivia: Torquay were the first club to play home games on a Friday night rather than Saturday. Being a tourist area and changeover being Saturday it was hoped to drag in a few extra punters. Both tourists and hospitality staff.

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

This all seems unnecessarily complicated. I just hope not many want to go or we'll still be working it out on matchday!

Derby website - apply for a voucher code

Torquay website - enter code, choose seat

Redirected to Paypal

On the day - use image on phone or print it off to enter the ground.

? system

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Derby website - apply for a voucher code

Torquay website - enter code, choose seat

Redirected to Paypal

On the day - use image on phone or print it off to enter the ground.

? system

There's so many opportunities for it all to go wrong! 

5 hours ago, angieram said:

I'm baffled. Is the Derby priority period purely to get a code? But given no money will be taken at that point, won't loads of people get a code just in case they want to buy a ticket from Torquay later? Meaning in the end, hardly anyone will end up going?

16 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

STAGE 1 – Apply for Your Voucher Code via Derby County

STAGE 2 - Redeeming Your Voucher Codes via Torquay United:

2. Select ‘Away Fans’ and enter your Voucher Code.

3. If your code is valid...

if-anthony-mennella.gif  wtf.gif

4000+ members, 1,347 tickets.

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

4000+ members, 1,347 tickets.

I suppose the question is, do the vouchers get handed out, via the advertised DCFC procedure/phases, until 1,347 vouchers have been claimed, before a "No More Vouchers Available" sign goes up... or can all 4000+ members "claim a voucher", regardless of actual ticket availability?  

I suspect it will be a case of grab the voucher, then go IMMEDIATELY to the Torquay website to claim the ticket, and just hope you are not on the cusp of the point of sell out!

... Oh wait... you can't, as you don't get the voucher until the following morning!  Blimey... It is messy!  ?

*I hasten to add, this won't actually affect me, as I'm not going.  I'm just interfering, as I hate to be left out!  

Good luck, everyone!  ??

Has any one asked our SLO why it’s so complicated and how it works regarding the issue of vouchers v limited availability? I’m not going so it doesn’t feel right for me to ask but I have always found her very helpful.

I can only assume it’s something that being imposed on the club by Torquay but, who knows.

On 25/10/2022 at 16:05, angieram said:

Applied for a code 10am yesterday, received the code this morning via email.

Went to Torquay United website, entered code, invited to choose a seat, picked out front row seat so B4 can’t stand in front of me. 
computer says I’ve exceeded the number of tickets allowed ??‍♂️
Rang Derby ticket office for advice, spoke to someone who said they would look into it and ring me back, two hours later nothing.

24 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Applied for a code 10am yesterday, received the code this morning via email.

Went to Torquay United website, entered code, invited to choose a seat, picked out front row seat so B4 can’t stand in front of me. 
computer says I’ve exceeded the number of tickets allowed ??‍♂️
Rang Derby ticket office for advice, spoke to someone who said they would look into it and ring me back, two hours later nothing.

Noticed I had a missed call from Derby ( not good reception in the hotel in Blackpool).

Decided to try the process again on Torquay website, this time with success, picked same seat that I had tried before, accepted. 
Go to payment, have to set up account for Torquay United and then log in, done, make payment.

Unfortunately the seat you choose has now been taken,( return to GO do not collect £200).

Back to seating plan, pick the seat next to the one originally chosen, make payment, receive QR code, just hope it works at the ground.

good luck everyone. Ps , it may be worth setting up an account on Torquay United website in advance so that you just have to apply your voucher code.