FA cup

Foreveram

1 hour ago, StevenageRam said:

This is all sounding too complicated. Why can't they sell them the same way as everyone else? I fear this will put a lot of people off from going. Thank god its on the tele.

It’s not complicated if it works, just a lot of things to go wrong 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, that was a farce! 

We had to set up TWO separate accounts to get our tickets. By the time I'd set mine up the seat next to my hubby's had gone, so for the first time ever, we aren't together at the game.

I pity the poor sot that gets the seat inbetween us! ??

They’ll swap I’m sure.

On 26/10/2022 at 13:04, Mucker1884 said:

I suppose the question is, do the vouchers get handed out, via the advertised DCFC procedure/phases, until 1,347 vouchers have been claimed, before a "No More Vouchers Available" sign goes up... or can all 4000+ members "claim a voucher", regardless of actual ticket availability?  

I suspect it will be a case of grab the voucher, then go IMMEDIATELY to the Torquay website to claim the ticket, and just hope you are not on the cusp of the point of sell out!

... Oh wait... you can't, as you don't get the voucher until the following morning!  Blimey... It is messy!  ?

*I hasten to add, this won't actually affect me, as I'm not going.  I'm just interfering, as I hate to be left out!  

Good luck, everyone!  ??

Armchair ticketing expert ! ?

I am eligible to get a code but as I cant go will not be triggering this. I am worried that if I do I could be depriving another Derby Ram of a ticket and we will not achieve the 1,347 allocation. Is my assumption correct ?

Or do they just keep allocating codes and then its a race to the finish on the Torquay website until 1,347 is reached? If it is then this should be made clear.

Apologies if this has been covered before.

Thanks.

On 25/10/2022 at 21:10, Carl Sagan said:

I'm baffled. Is the Derby priority period purely to get a code? But given no money will be taken at that point, won't loads of people get a code just in case they want to buy a ticket from Torquay later? Meaning in the end, hardly anyone will end up going?

This is what I think is supposed to happen.

Priority period gets you the code which gets you access to the Torquay ticket website. So 4,000+ away members will be eligible for a code but if they do not go straight to the website and buy tickets then they could sell out. 800+ tickets remaining now.

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

This is what I think is supposed to happen.

Priority period gets you the code which gets you access to the Torquay ticket website. So 4,000+ away members will be eligible for a code but if they do not go straight to the website and buy tickets then they could sell out. 800+ tickets remaining now.

Thanks for the clarification. What a bizarre system. I suppose it quarantees the maximum ticket sales but some people are going to be disappointed if they get a code allocated thinking they can wait until the last minute to purchase a ticket.

Would be interested to see a link to where this is actually spelt out. Would be good if this was on the DCFC official website!

As I will not be going I will not be a requesting my code.

On 25/10/2022 at 21:10, Carl Sagan said:

I'm baffled. Is the Derby priority period purely to get a code? But given no money will be taken at that point, won't loads of people get a code just in case they want to buy a ticket from Torquay later? Meaning in the end, hardly anyone will end up going?

So am I but foreveram has clarified a code being allocated guarantees you only to take part in the race for tickets. If you are not quick enough, or cant pay by paypal then you will not get an electronic ticket.

What an odd system - I think they need to explain this more clearly.

I think the problem is that for whatever reason the tickets are being sold by Torquay and not by Derby as usually happens.

So Derby are allowing access to the Torquay tickets website through their normal priority allocations.

Just wonder if Derby still get the usual percentage for selling away tickets.

10 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I think the problem is that for whatever reason the tickets are being sold by Torquay and not by Derby as usually happens.

So Derby are allowing access to the Torquay tickets website through their normal priority allocations.

Agree. I suppose the Torquay system just as odd as the DCFC system of paying a priority membership fee to get a head start in the race for away tickets. It favours those with enough spare cash, not diehard fans but with no spare cash to buy away membership.

11 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I thought I'd take a look at the rules ?. Interestingly, according to rule 22, section b sub section (i): 

In all matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs

8 minutes ago, jrh2254 said:

Agree. I suppose the Torquay system just as odd as the DCFC system of paying a priority membership fee to get a head start in the race for away tickets. It favours those with enough spare cash, not diehard fans but with no spare cash to buy away membership.

It favours people that go regularly, if you couldn’t afford the membership fee I don’t think you would be able to travel to many away games.

If there was no priority, many fans that travel regularly would not have got tickets for Liverpool.