Derby County v Port Vale - The Matchday Thread

Day

19 minutes ago, alram said:

Absolute rubbish

the dynamic of the season changed when clowes sacked LR, i think most were happy with the slower build but the pressure is on now. 

lets see how we look in a month but the season will become very long with a bad upcoming month.

Speak for yourself about the slow build up. There is slow and then the way we were playing  ssssssllooooooowwwwwwww

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

3 points off the play off spots with a game in hand and still 35 games to play in total. There’ll be more twists and turns before the season ends. A combination of individual error, poor refereeing and a lack of composure has cost us today.
Dust ourselves down and go again in the next game, don’t let one result ruin your weekend folks ? 

Trouble is we have tougher games coming up , and no Collins just when he was getting into his goalscoring stride. .. and no McGoldrick  either

Edited by PistoldPete

28 minutes ago, roboto said:

Nothing is beginning. I just hope this is just some teething pains with the change of plan and tactics.

Really I blame @David for stealing the match day thread…

I was expecting this, but come on, that ref was out on the wind up today, canna blame me for that.

@archram Next match thread is on you, I have retired now after.

Poor performance, midfield was non existent - Bird/Hourihane both crap, officials dire but these are the teams we have to beat to have any hope of challenging for promotion. Might be early days but didn’t see anything at all that was an improvement on what I’ve seen under LR. So deflating after last week.

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Trouble is we have tougher games coming up , and no Collins just when he was getting into his goalscoring stride. 

Yeah, the likely 3 match ban is a worry, however we do have a couple of options at least which we didn’t have previously. Osula, Dobbin or McGoldrick along with NML and Barkhuizen will have to carry the burden and we have to back them cause that’s the situation we’re in. 

We can blame the ref all we want but when your supposedly experienced center half decides to randomly slap the ball in the area, and your supposedly experienced striker gets sent off for being a petulant idiot what can we expect? Even their second goal came from an individual error.

Should have been at least two up at half time and should have managed the game better. If we'd put ourselves two up the ref being a joke wouldn't have mattered.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

10 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

You've picked up on something I've picked up on there too @Anag Ram... One of the main properties of PW's Rotherham team was the wing-backs. He had quick full-backs, where we have wingers that we're playing at wing-back as we don't really have many other options. I imagine 2 quick full-backs will be pretty high on the January shopping list.

Unless other clubs are willing to accept magic beans and/or well wishes I'm not sure how exactly we go about getting any players in. Embargo, remember?

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We can blame the ref all we want but when your supposedly experienced center half decides to randomly slap the ball in the area, and your supposedly experienced striker gets sent off for being a petulant idiot what can we expect? Even their second goal came from an individual error.

Should have been at least two up at half time and should have managed the game better. If we'd put ourselves two up the ref being a joke wouldn't have mattered.

Should have’s don’t count for much though.

3 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Our team and the ref p#$$ poor, fair play to the Vale for taking advantage. Hourihane does nowt for me, im so disappointed in our midfield, it is under performing for me. 

Maybe it’s time to shake it up, give Smith and Rooney a chance.

14 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

You've picked up on something I've picked up on there too @Anag Ram... One of the main properties of PW's Rotherham team was the wing-backs. He had quick full-backs, where we have wingers that we're playing at wing-back as we don't really have many other options. I imagine 2 quick full-backs will be pretty high on the January shopping list.

I rate Roberts on the left in that role he plays a class ball too, we’re a victim of too many big names that you “can’t” leave out of the team though who do you drop out of Barks or NML.