Paul Warne’s Bobble Hat Army

Day

The Bobble Hat   

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Hourihane 

Not sure about that tbh 

im not Sure what iv seen that suggests sibley is a central midfielder 

would rather knight in there ahead of both of them tbh .. and failing that smith if playing a two

In a 442 If everyone is fit and available sibleys not in the first 11 .. fact 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not sure about that tbh 

would rather knight in there ahead of both of them tbh .. and failing that smith if playing a two

Since Warne had Sibley on the bench for his first two games as manager, Sibley has started every game except 1, including the full 90 in 8 of the last 11.

Crazy stat... Warne is the only first team manager to have given Sibley the full 90 in three consecutive games (whether league only or in all competitions). His current run is 5 full games.

17 hours ago, Phoenix said:

A fantastic business opportunity missed, and just before Christmas. You would have thought.....well, maybe not.

Exactly. Very Derby of us.  Hopefully we will develop into a slick business machine under Clowes. Then I can moan about that!

39 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Since Warne had Sibley on the bench for his first two games as manager, Sibley has started every game except 1, including the full 90 in 8 of the last 11.

Crazy stat... Warne is the only first team manager to have given Sibley the full 90 in three consecutive games (whether league only or in all competitions). His current run is 5 full games.

Agree.

however 

knight , nml , barks and smith have all been out injured .. i highly doubt if all we’re fit sibley would be getting that sort of game time

i want to see the lad do well, im

just not sure where he plays and instead of who

Edited by NottsRam77

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Not sure about that tbh 

No it’s not a fact it is your opinion.

11 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Totally 

am curious then .. genuinely 

where would u have him and in what formation if all fit and available ? 

If Knight is off in January, in a 4 3 3, Smith holding and Bird and Sibley together, similar role in a 3 at the back. I would play him ahead of Conor if you want me to be precise. Who would you have ahead of him ?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If Knight is off in January, in a 4 3 3, Smith holding and Bird and Sibley together, similar role in a 3 at the back. I would play him ahead of Conor if you want me to be precise. Who would you have ahead of him ?

If im playing a two then its bird and either knight or smith depending on the the opposition and if home or away. 

sibley couldnt be trusted in a two imo..

plus hasnt got the physical strength or

power/ tenacity to dominate a midfield

if im Playing a 3 in midfield aka the thorne, hendrick / bryson 2014 then bird has to be the holding midfielder as weve tried him higher up in a 3 and hes proven its not his game.

so bird sits , mops up does the water carrier role

the two ahead knight is automatically one of the two ahead as that role is made for him. 

the other one u can throw a blanket over CH , KS and LS and interchange depending on opposition

but imo CH gets it …if at home… away from

home its KS and then LS is ur impact / try and open it up

we havent seen the best of KS due to our lack of a right back, but hes been excellent there and shown hes a more than capable player

For what its worth… im still working out what sibley gives us that moving forward warne will want to harness.

Imo sibleys biggest strength is his drive and endevor in and around the box.

Hes not particularly quick or strong.

His touch for what we would probably deem a “creative player” is hit or miss.

but he does have that little bit of devilment around the box and can engineer himself a shooting opportunity

i think his best position is in behind a front man in the middle of a 3 behind.

but i think 

a) warne will continue with a straight 2 up top.

b) if anyone at the club is playing that flase 9 role its didsy who has shown to be class at it 

Edited by NottsRam77

33 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

sibley couldnt be trusted in a two imo..

plus hasnt got the physical strength or

power/ tenacity to dominate a midfield

?

He was really quite good today. MUCH better than Smith at fullback. And will be better than him in midfield. Easily.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

?

He was really quite good today. MUCH better than Smith at fullback. And will be better than him in midfield. Easily.

Couldnt agree less

he was fine. First half his (sibley) distribution was meh.. second it improved but ran into a total brick wall when he tried to take on their opposing full back who was too strong and too quick for him.

smith was solid and used the ball with greater consistency without doing anything that would stand out 

kept it simple and linked nicely with bird 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

?

Both Smith and Sibley did OK at full back today. In fact, Smith has been OK in all of the games he's played there. As he isn't a fullback it probably is a bit harsh giving him any criticism really.  

8 hours ago, LazloW said:

Both Smith and Sibley did OK at full back today. In fact, Smith has been OK in all of the games he's played there. As he isn't a fullback it probably is a bit harsh giving him any criticism really.  

I thought Sibley had a good game but I don’t seem to remember him having a great deal of defending to do. 

10 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

smith was solid and used the ball with greater consistency without doing anything that would stand out 

kept it simple and linked nicely with bird 

Smith was often out of position, again he got caught out going forward when he shouldn't. Fozzy rescued him more than once. Sibley was were he should have been and did a reasonable job for saying he'd not the experienced player. His crosses and deadballs were as good as Hourihanes.

In Smith's favour he's no coward and went into 2 or 3 hefty challenges.

Edited by RoyMac5

I think that the failure to get a good attacking RB, has cost us this season. Over the last few seasons, the likes of Bogle and Byrne have featured at the top of our assists' statistics. The thought of NML and a good attacking RB working together is quite exciting.

31 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I think that the failure to get a good attacking RB, has cost us this season. Over the last few seasons, the likes of Bogle and Byrne have featured at the top of our assists' statistics. The thought of NML and a good attacking RB working together is quite exciting.

Failure, or inability? The best attacking RB who was a free agent anyone could come up with was Cyrus bloody Christie, which should send shivers down anyone's spine.

Knight & NML were doing just fine together at the start of the season anyway, had a decent understanding.

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

Failure, or inability? The best attacking RB who was a free agent anyone could come up with was Cyrus bloody Christie, which should send shivers down anyone's spine.

Knight & NML were doing just fine together at the start of the season anyway, had a decent understanding.

The same Cyrus bloody Christie who has spent the 5 years since he left Derby playing at or above the level of Derby and for the Irish national side? There's a fair few managers at a higher level than us, who seem to rate him.

I'd have had him back in a flash, but wouldn't have blamed him for not wanting to come back to the boo boys.

14 hours ago, ram59 said:

Talking of right backs, where did Nathan Byrne actually end up?