Paul Warne’s Bobble Hat Army

Day

The Bobble Hat   

211 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, ram59 said:

I think that the failure to get a good attacking RB, has cost us this season. Over the last few seasons, the likes of Bogle and Byrne have featured at the top of our assists' statistics. The thought of NML and a good attacking RB working together is quite exciting.

I think that it would help defensively too if we had a genuine right back

For me, I'd pick up Todd Kane and Keiron Freeman, both told to leave their clubs (Coventry and Portsmouth) in the summer. Kane has featured in the last few games though now for Coventry after being out cold all season, Freeman has appeared once. Both right backs/wingbacks, can play multiple positions to give flexibility across the squad. Kane can push forward into an attacking wide right role to cover for Mendez Laing, whereas Freeman can play left back to free up Sibley further forward.

2 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

For me, I'd pick up Todd Kane and Keiron Freeman, both told to leave their clubs (Coventry and Portsmouth) in the summer. Kane has featured in the last few games though now for Coventry after being out cold all season, Freeman has appeared once. Both right backs/wingbacks, can play multiple positions to give flexibility across the squad. Kane can push forward into an attacking wide right role to cover for Mendez Laing, whereas Freeman can play left back to free up Sibley further forward.

i wouldnt argue with you on either of those. wat struck me is the weird careers they both seem to have had. Kane did nearly 20 years at chelsea and never broke through,,and freeman never really put two seasons together 

2 minutes ago, swanny said:

i wouldnt argue with you on either of those. wat struck me is the weird careers they both seem to have had. Kane did nearly 20 years at chelsea and never broke through,,and freeman never really put two seasons together 

To be fair to Kane, despite joining Chelsea at under 8's - they'd have to be rather desperate to play a 7 year old in the first team. I remember hearing a clip from a Coventry podcast when he joined them, was speaking about when he left Chelsea, he was going to sign for us under Lampard but then obviously he took up the Chelsea job. Lampard tried to keep him at Chelsea but their transfer embargo had already started and he had officially been released/paperwork submitted so it was too late to retain him. Similar story like how Cashin and Plange were nearly released by Rooney due to squad size limitations. Over the last 8 seasons he's averaged 32 games a season, 5 of those 8 being out on loan.

Freeman, 25 games last season for Portsmouth. Baring a couple long term injuries at Sheffield United he was a big part of their success with wing backs. 11 goals and 6 assists in the year they went up from League One, then unfortunately got wiped out for the entire next season so lost his way a little. Having to gamble on fitness is something we now need to due to restrictions, but his fitness record since the major injuries looks to be decent.

Overall, there's not much available on the market due to our limitations - it was made public in the summer that they were both unwanted at their current clubs, they fit the positions we need to fill and offer cover elsewhere. Chester appears pretty much a waste of time, so I'd ditch him off. Allows us to view Forsyth more as a permanent central option, lets Roberts and Freeman to fight for left back. Kane and Freeman to fight for right back. When either one isn't starting, it's a great option from the bench. I'm sold - it just isn't me making the moves or picking up the bills!