Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, DB83 said:

I didn't see anyone post the comparison between LR and PW after 12 games each (which happened after the MK Dons match), but apologies if I missed it (for PW I'm being generous and including penalty shoot-out defeats as draws):

LR: P12, W7, D2, L3, F15, A11.

PW: P12, W4, D5, L3, F18, A13.

A comparison of 9 league games will be possible after the Portsmouth game tonight. But has PW been an improvement on LR over his first 12 games?? Not for me so far.

We are creating a lot more chances under Warne for sure especially away from home.

15 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Can we factor in having an injury ravaged squad somehow in that also?

Davies - missed 5 in a row

Chester - only 1 app

Smith - returning from injury and still missed 5 games

McGoldrick - missed the first 3 games and was buikding up his fitness

Osula and Dobbin - weren't with us at the start of the season

Oh, you meant Warne?

43 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Warne 14 points from 8 games (3 at home).

Rosenior 14 points from 9 games (5 at home).

?

Shows how improved our away form is really. 4 points at home in 3 games. 10 points away in 5, including two missed penalties vs Morecambe.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Davies - missed 5 in a row

Chester - only 1 app

Smith - returning from injury and still missed 5 games

McGoldrick - missed the first 3 games and was buikding up his fitness

Osula and Dobbin - weren't with us at the start of the season

Oh, you meant Warne?

I wish I had the time to look back and see who had played how many games. I do know that LR started with a group of players he assembled, Warne has amassed the same amount of points with an inherited squad. 

Ya know chaps and chapettes, folk are allowed to think Liam was treated poorly and should have been given more time AND that the cheeky chappy in charge is doing alright too. I do.

The endless carping and backbiting from BOTH sides has gone on long enough and to be honest it's getting really tiresome now. 

COYR

6 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Ya know chaps and chapettes, folk are allowed to think Liam was treated poorly and should have been given more time AND that the cheeky chappy in charge is doing alright too. I do.

The endless carping and backbiting from BOTH sides has gone on long enough and to be honest it's getting really tiresome now. 

COYR

You should tell them they're as thick as shyte. That should do the trick.

Edited by i-Ram

28 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I wish I had the time to look back and see who had played how many games. I do know that LR started with a group of players he assembled, Warne has amassed the same amount of points with an inherited squad. 

I suppose that's one way you can spin it! 

Warne inherited a squad, yes, but that came with its own benefits - the new players had settled in, the squad had gelled a bit, Collins was already past the pressure of getting off the scoresheet for us and McGoldrick was nearly match fit having missed the start of the season, this also after an international break which allowed them all a bit of a breather and regather. 

He's done very well, and what's impressed me most, is how he's made sure we've continued to pick up wins now the injuries have started to pile up again, and kept the depleted squad going through another heavy schedule.

As I've also shown in other posts, Warne has benefited from facing up against teams generally worse than those faced early on, especially defensively. People mention losing to Plymouth and not beating Fleetwood as big reasons why we weren't going anywhere previously, but one of them is top the league now and the other has one of the better defensive records.

That isn't to say that his approach hasn't lead to us being able to capitalise on other teams crap defences - although it has presented not very good teams ample opportunity to score against us -  but nevertheless he's had a comparatively easy run of games, which will continue after Portsmouth / Sheff Weds.

The only game he's had that was really 'a challenge' on paper was the Ipswich game. Liverpool was a free hit.

How we handle the next 2 games will say a lot more than any others since Warne came in, although I will of course caveat that with us facing these better teams with a squad down to its bare bones.

Edited by Kokosnuss

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You should tell them they're as thick as shyte. That should do the trick.

Well if the cap fits old boy... 

Besides, those kind of comments are reserved for non-football related idiocy like thinking the earth is flat or that Boris Blowhard would make a great PM ?

More to the point, I've now done more bits now than Charlie Bronson. Below is my rap-sheet and that's just the last 5 year's worth ?

I'm all about peace and love now, honestly!

image.thumb.png.76d06ff438346d439604dd32a942668e.png

37 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

COYR

Possibly, although I don't think what I'm posting (on here at least) is backbiting.

I did find it hilarious that people were being called out for any doubts or critical views they'd expressed in Warne's early tenure on the back of a wins against MK Dons & a replay against the team bottom of the National League after which the manager pointed out faults in the performances which directly and slightly awkwardly matched those posted by people on the forum by people labelled as Warne's critics, but I couldn't really be arsed to reply to that silliness (you did though! ?)

Edited by Kokosnuss

7 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Possibly, although I don't think what I'm posting (on here at least) is backbiting.

I did find it hilarious that people were being called out for any doubts or critical views they'd expressed in Warne's early tenure on the back of a wins against MK Dons & a replay against the team bottom of the National League after which the manager pointed out faults in the performances which directly and slightly awkwardly matched those posted by people on the forum by people labelled as Warne's critics, but I couldn't really be arsed to reply to that silliness (you did though! ?)

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

COYR

And folk are allowed to think he wasn't treated poorly.

He was announced as INTERIM manager. He was treated as an interim manager and we appointed someone else. Where is the poor treatment? ?

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And folk are allowed to think he wasn't treated poorly.

He was announced as INTERIM manager. He was treated as an interim manager and we appointed someone else. Where is the poor treatment? ?

If he was announced the interim manager and it was actively announced we were seeking a permanent replacement outside of his management that would be fair.

It has been 'revealed' though (whether you believe it or not is up to you) that we wanted Warne before Rosenior had even managed his first game.

Continuing to allow Rosenior the impression that he stood a chance of being named the permanent manager was a bit unfair. That said, it's understandable why the chairman did what he did because we needed someone familiar with the club to start the rebuild. Clowes was in a difficult though perhaps not impossible position, I'll never hold a grudge against him for that reason.

It has never been about Clowes' decision, only the fans reaction to it, which has very obviously been approached with a huge number of double standards.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where does being named 'interim manager' imply that?

Clearly you've never heard of the word ''nuance" and/or don't have the emotional intelligence to see that Rosenior was hopeful of it becoming more permanent, based on his interviews which were (IMO) those of someone who had a a slightly manic energy in his attempts to prove himself worthy of more than his current position.

It's not a position anyone would take unless they had been given some hope that their 'dreams' had a chance to come true.

If the message has been that he was only ever going to be in place until something. 'better' came along it's unlikely that he'd have continued with any pretence otherwise.

Physchology 101 ?

4 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Clearly you've never heard of the word ''nuance" and/or don't have the emotional intelligence to see that Rosenior was hopeful of it becoming more permanent, based on his interviews which were (IMO) those of someone who had a a slightly manic energy in his attempts to prove himself worthy of more than his current position.

So nuance was a word I don't get? ? It doesn't take a nuance, the Club made it CLEAR he was interim. He no doubt applied for the job and didn't get it.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So nuance was a word I don't get? ? It doesn't take a nuance, the Club made it CLEAR he was interim. He no doubt applied for the job and didn't get it.

History shows that you don't. You turned against Warne for sticking with 3 at the back a few weeks ago and made a fair few posts doubting him for it. A few good results later and you're back to your old ways. 

I was laughing at my own use of physchology with the chosen emoji, because it was intentionally a bit 'fancy skirt, no knickers' and obviously I know nothing of the nuances of modern  professional psychology.

You're clinging to the word interim meaning only one specific thing and failing to grasp or ignoring other ways in which it can be interpreted because it favours your current opinion to so.

Consistency and fair mindedness seem to be other terms/words you struggle with, but hey, if you can ditch your opinion, views expressed and words said at the drop of a hat and never accept responsibility for them then fair play!