Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

2 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

They've played once together through necessity! But sure claim that one as a masterstroke for Warney!

Lol. If they never play there again it is still where they look best. Roseniorwas trying to make Birdy into a cdm and Knight into a rwb. ?

There's no protection for the defence from the middle of the pitch or out wide, we've conceded 4 penalties in 2 league games, been terrorised by Port Vale at home, should have had a defender (Davies) sent off against Accrington which would have massively changed the complexion of the match, had to sub one off because of a risk of a second yellow, but yeah, sure, the midfield balance is brilliant now! 

Edited by Kokosnuss

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. If they never play there again it is still where they look best. Roseniorwas trying to make Birdy into a cdm and Knight into a rwb. ?

and Sibley into a striker.

These three will prove the most balanced and effective midfield we have as the season continues. Look forward to seeing them play together again against Ipswich.

9 hours ago, nottingram said:

Spot on Roy. You quite simply will never find Warney shoe horning players into his preferred formation. 

Lol. You take it personally I don’t. I just want to enjoy watching a successful Derby County. That wasn’t going to happen with Roseniors possession is all type of football. Whether the success will happen with Warne we shall see. Good to have an experienced manager here again though.

51 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I don't get where this idea of "passing football won't work in League 1" is from, it's literally proven to work over the last 5 years or so. 

It does,but roseniors passing football was just too pedestrian and lacked thrust going forwards....Steve Mac's passing football was dynamic and quick moving..so passing football with a purpose....Liam's seems to move at 1/4 speed in comparison.

Warnes style of  football is clearly pragmatic but very energetic which has been proven to work in league 1 if you count the number of promotions he achieved playing that way.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. You take it personally I don’t. I just want to enjoy watching a successful Derby County. That wasn’t going to happen with Roseniors possession is all type of football. Whether the success will happen with Warne we shall see. Good to have an experienced manager here again though.

Only thing I’ve taken personally was Port Vale at home which felt like a direct attack on my eye balls.

Its just going to take a bit of time for the players to adjust to the style and formation Warne wants to play. Don't forget thay have been playing a possession based style going back several seasons - if we leave out Rowett and Paerson, then we have had Clement, Cocu, Rooney and Lampard all playing that way. So its quite a big change for them.  We may also need to tweek the squad in the January transfer window as well. I think we are going to get Bielik back for a start. That will make a hell of a difference.   

1 hour ago, Gerry Daly said:

Its just going to take a bit of time for the players to adjust to the style and formation Warne wants to play. Don't forget thay have been playing a possession based style going back several seasons - if we leave out Rowett and Paerson, then we have had Clement, Cocu, Rooney and Lampard all playing that way. So its quite a big change for them.  We may also need to tweek the squad in the January transfer window as well. I think we are going to get Bielik back for a start. That will make a hell of a difference.   

Several seasons? We've only got a handful of players that have been with us for longer than this season. If you're good enough to be a professional footballer, a part of that is being able to adapt to how your manager wants you to play. The biggest challenge for Warner is getting the players we have up to his standards for fitness. Warne wants players to run and press at a high intensity for as much of the match as possible. This also means we will rely on quicker players. Osula was perfect at the weekend and Dobbin, Barks and NML are quick too. Sibley looked to be running through treacle towards the end of the Accrington match when Barkhuizen scored the third.

Bielik back in Jan would be great and I really want it to happen, but I don't think we will be able to find any players on free transfers or loan deals without fees involved like we did during the summer. Best chance at new faces are swap deals I think, but that is really tricky.