Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Thank you. I don’t agree of course, but that’s the beauty of opinions is we all have them and they differ. 

My expectations were ‘challenging for top six with a slow start but getting stronger as the season went on and the players got to learn the managers ideas’. 

The football we’re seeing is vile and it was palatable whilst we were picking up results but now the results have dried up the performances are exposed for what they are. Turgid. 

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Can’t judge him until he’s had a full pre season and a summer transfer window. Also we can still win the playoffs. Sheffield W in the semi, nick one and defend for 85 in the final v Bolton 👀

I would love nothing more!

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m nothing but negative about Warne. Don’t think he’ll take us to success. I’d love to be wrong but can’t see it - on here and Twitter. 

I sing my heart out every home match and give the team my full support. 

This is the place to vent frustrations at the tripe we’re serving up so it’s crap to see people being berated for being negative when that performance deserves it. Yet again. 

Personally, I prefer to read constructive criticism as opposed to 'sack the manager' type posts from people who won a title on Football Manager so think they are tactical geniuses who would take DCFC to the league title. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

A reminder it took one half time talk for McClaren to change things when he arrived. 

Even if we don’t have all the players he needs the performances should be getting closer to his and Richie’s ideas. My worry is that they are…

Do you think the squad McClaren inherited and our current squad are comparable?

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

My expectations were ‘challenging for top six with a slow start but getting stronger as the season went on and the players got to learn the managers ideas’. 

The football we’re seeing is vile and it was palatable whilst we were picking up results but now the results have dried up the performances are exposed for what they are. Turgid. 

I was in this camp too. Predicted finishing about 8th, but based on improvement from a very shaky start.

Of course it's expected that a new manager would need some time to assess the squad and get his ideas across.

But the biggest worry is we are regressing. Whilst I can easily accept fatigue as a reason for occasionally daft errors, we're starting to see more poor performances than good.

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Then your expectations have been partly met, we are still challenging (limply) for a top 6 spot. 
I get you don’t like Warne’s style, he was getting a tune out of the players earlier in the season and a combination of factors (injury/suspension/form/poor decision making from staff and officials) has seen that falter, so he is capable.
I just think it’s fair to give him time to build his own side to play that style before fully judging him, as frustrating as that may be at times. 

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

A reminder it took one half time talk for McClaren to change things when he arrived. 

Even if we don’t have all the players he needs the performances should be getting closer to his and Richie’s ideas. My worry is that they are…

McLaren had a team that was already built, this outfit has been thrown together in one summer with free’s from other clubs. 

Stupid to compare the situations! 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Personally, I prefer to read constructive criticism as opposed to 'sack the manager' type posts from people who won a title on Football Manager so think they are tactical geniuses who would take DCFC to the league title. 

This is exactly the sort of crap that you’re usually on here spouting. No one who wants Warne out thinks it’s so easy that they can do it, but believes that there has be another manager out there who can.

At this point the 3 weeks extra to plan for next season looks preferable to an inevitable play off defeat. Not saying I don’t want us to get in them but really isn’t the end of the world if we don’t.

Theres never a bad time to get promoted but there is definitely a scale in terms of how good a time it is and going up like this would be at the low end of that.

Good reasons for it obviously but quite frustrating we are at the point where another rebuild of the squad is needed. It was inevitable when the manager was changed which is why I don’t think it should’ve been done, but we are where we are and just got to let Warne get on with it. I am pretty sure he’ll be able to build a squad to get promoted out this league.

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

This league is absolutely crap. Look at how terrible Bristol Rovers were at finishing chances off today. It shouldn’t be hard to get out, but we’re making it look hard.

Come on @Millenniumram this ignores the reality of this league. How many other “big” clubs have been relegated to this division and struggled to be promoted, sometimes taking years. It “shouldn’t” be hard to get out of and yet it is.
Therefore as limited as some sides are at this level for quality it is a competitive league in other ways. And it is important context that very few, if any of those clubs, found themselves in the same situation as Derby were last summer. Not excuse making, those are the facts of it. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

This is exactly the sort of crap that you’re usually on here spouting. No one who wants Warne out thinks it’s so easy that they can do it, but believes that there has be another manager out there who can.

And the managerial merry go round would start again. We have the smallest squad in the division, cobbled together when other teams were already back training. I ask again, what were you expecting this season 🤔 To romp away with it and be promoted 10 points ahead of the likes of Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday by April 🤔 I think the play offs would be the most we could have hoped for and we are still in the mix. As a club we need to learn from the mistakes of the past and give a Manager more than a season. Some stability suits me fine.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

And the managerial merry go round would start again. We have the smallest squad in the division, cobbled together when other teams were already back training. I ask again, what were you expecting this season 🤔 To romp away with it and be promoted 10 points ahead of the likes of Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday by April 🤔 I think the play offs would be the most we could have hoped for and we are still in the mix. As a club we need to learn from the mistakes of the past and give a Manager more than a season. Some stability suits me fine.

We do.

But if I was David clowes I would be penning a stiff note to the manager asking him what was going on.....

...which he might be doing I suppose, but suspect not.

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

This league is absolutely crap. Look at how terrible Bristol Rovers were at finishing chances off today. It shouldn’t be hard to get out, but we’re making it look hard.

How long did it take for the likes of  Florist, the Dirties, Ipswich, Saints, Portsmouth and Bolton to get out if it is so easy 🤔 One season or a few more 🙄