What went wrong last night

B4ev6is

Well lads I have to say we were poor we could not keep hold of the ball and even when we got it we were wasteful with ball when I saw chance to cross the ball early we were far far to slow getting crosses in. But in the 2nd half was a tad better but even through we scored 2 goals but some how offside but personal I dont we were.

And licon got the penalty in first few mins of the game it looked softer and I know wildsmith nearly got it. But I did have clear few of it. 

Come on lads put it right on saturday we need to win against wycombe at all costs but curtis davies said let's fans down twice now this has to stop and this is true.

What lads need to do get the win on saturday go out there and be brave take side to them but also try and attack and when chances come we have to take them.

Sorry max bird you need dropping now jake Rooney need start on Saturday we need him nip at wycombe player heels and stay on them he is a good passer of the ball and knows how to read the game.

Same thing that's gone wrong in nearly every away game since Rosenior has been here my mate. Play the exact same way and expect things to change. 

Davies and Rooney have said that Rosenior is the coach and done most of the coaching when Rooney was here.

Last 36 away games under Rosenior's coaching. Going back to Feb 2021.

P36 W3 D9 L24 

Failed to score in 20 of those 36 games.

Scored 19 goals in those 36 games.

Yet he carries on and comes out with the same old drivel and goes out and plays the exact same way in every away game

Play along back three.... diagonal ball to winger (sometimes overhit, and goes out of play) by the time the winger has recieved the ball, closed down. Turn, play ball back to defender. start process again. The teams we are playing are not of great quality but we have become very predictable, easy to set up against. when the opposition get the ball (sometimes through player error or bad pass) they run at us putting the defence under pressure, again potentially leading to player error. This is something we are not currently doing because of our ponderous build up play, allowing them to get organised. we have the players of ability but we are very rarely turning the opposition players around and getting them running at their own goal.

Edited by rainram
missed sentence

24 minutes ago, rainram said:

Play along back three.... diagonal ball to winger (sometimes overhit, and goes out of play) by the time the winger has recieved the ball, closed down. Turn, play ball back to defender. start process again. The teams we are playing are not of great quality but we have become very predictable, easy to set up against. when the opposition get the ball (sometimes through player error or bad pass) they run at us putting the defence under pressure, again potentially leading to player error. This is something we are not currently doing because of our ponderous build up play, allowing them to get organised. we have the players of ability but we are very rarely turning the opposition players around and getting them running at their own goal.

In a nutshell ^. It's predictable. We can see that already. It's a repeating pattern; We have 1 main outlet - NML. Double-up on him {as Lincoln did often} and the supply is choked. We either re-cycle or lose the ball. This predictable pattern is crystalizing and add the away statistics and soon all L1 Teams will be rubbing their hands at the thought of playing us at home; a big scalp quite easily despatched with 100% effort and an organized defence. Really time to think again LR.  

57 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Same thing that's gone wrong in nearly every away game since Rosenior has been here my mate. Play the exact same way and expect things to change. 

Davies and Rooney have said that Rosenior is the coach and done most of the coaching when Rooney was here.

P36 W3 D9 L24 

Yet he carries on and comes out with the same old drivel and goes out and plays the exact same way in every away game

I’m not too distressed by last season, we were playing a threadbare squad against Championship teams but, not even a goal in four away games against, with all due respect, not the best league 1 teams is pretty shocking.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not too distressed by last season, we were playing a threadbare squad against Championship teams but, not even a goal in four away games against, with all due respect, not the best league 1 teams is pretty shocking.

Yeah I agree mate. But we seem to be playing the same way with no plan b. Regardless of personnel.

And like you say the 4 teams we have played this season are not gonna be anywhere near the top. Lincoln haven't won at home till we turned up.

Trouble is that we just can't seem to score away from home at the moment so every goal conceded on the road is a massive kick in the nuts and generally means that we'll get nothing from the game. We can't afford half of our fixtures to yield next to nothing because it puts ridiculous pressure on us at home.

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think it is about time all 15+ away members stop going to away games.  What are you offering? Nothing to encourage the lads that’s obvious. 3 wins in 36!  Let’s some more half fans go I say. They won’t be going through the motions.

They used to win quite a few away when I went to every away game under Arthur Cox.  Maybe this new lot are all Johan’s?

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

P36 W3 D9 L24 

Those stats are crazy. I can’t believe we still have sell outs in most always games. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I think it is about time all 15+ away members stop going to away games.  What are you offering? Nothing to encourage the lads that’s obvious. 3 wins in 36!  Let’s some more half fans go I say. They won’t be going through the motions.

Hell no