Match Thread: Rams vs Leicester (Pride Park, today 1pm)

Carl Sagan

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Get what you mean about Roberts - as you probably know, I’ve never been Forsyth’s biggest fan in terms of his difficulties making basic 5 yard passes. However, he’s very experienced in that position, much more than Roberts who’s always been a CB (though has done well at LB so far tbf). In terms of Knight, he does have the attributes, but I think it’s a waste of talent shoving him there (though we have little choice until a first choice RB comes in).

Thought Roberts showed he wasn't a fullback today, looked as good as Knighty at fb!

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Don't know why folks are moaning about the Leicester fans, as they turned up in numbers that put quite a bit of money in the kitty.

Thanks! ??

Gibson's Law says their club owes us millions for cheating us out of promotion in 2014 and therefore they must be culpable too. 

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought Roberts showed he wasn't a fullback today, looked as good as Knighty at fb!

A little bit harsh, I thought he showed some good defensive qualities at times. Do get what you mean though, he got caught out of position a few times because the role is unfamiliar to him. I’m not entirely comfortable with him at LB, he’s definitely a CB and that’s where we should be using him.

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

A little bit harsh, I thought he showed some good defensive qualities at times. Do get what you mean though, he got caught out of position a few times because the role is unfamiliar to him. I’m not entirely comfortable with him at LB, he’s definitely a CB and that’s where we should be using him.

I think he got caught out due to the quality of passes played in behind him, plus I think positionally he was quite advanced which is where LR wants him to be. Against Stevenage when he came on he showed his ability to drive forward with the ball from a LB position. I personally think he will be a real asset at LB. Has height, pace, strength, good on the ball & got a decent pass on him too.

Edited by DCFC1388

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

...I’m not entirely comfortable with him at LB, he’s definitely a CB and that’s where we should be using him.

I'm not sure he'd make a better CB than Cashin, so it's not likely is it? In the pecking order. He'll look better in League 1 I suppose.

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

I thought the Leicester fans were a decent lot tbh. We sing crap to each other, kinda the point. Thought they sand well and supported there team ?‍♂️

Yea Foxes fans were ok. 

It was a good day at PP and I enjoyed the game. 

Leicester took some containing and are a good side and i thought the Derby lads did well .

Roll on Oxford 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think he got caught out due to the quality of passes played in behind him, plus I think positionally he was quite advanced which is where LR wants him to be. Against Stevenage when he came on he showed his ability to drive forward with the ball from a LB position. I personally think he will be a real asset at LB. Has height, pace, strength, good on the ball & got a decent pass on him too.

Oh of course, Leicester have quality levels above what we’ll be facing this season, so you can’t really judge anyone too harshly on today’s game. I do think he got dragged inside on occasion though, which is his natural CB coming through. That’s what concerns me, he doesn’t look fully natural there. I do agree he’s shown some very good ability on the ball, so I’m not meaning to criticise him, as he looks like a potentially very good footballer. I’m just worried we won’t use him right, he needs to play where he’s comfortable.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not sure he'd make a better CB than Cashin, so it's not likely is it? In the pecking order. He'll look better in League 1 I suppose.

No I’m not convinced either - Cashin has proved himself capable in the Championship, whereas Roberts struggled in League One last time. That’s why I doubted the signing, we already had 4 centre backs, all of whom were better proven in my view. 

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Oh of course, Leicester have quality levels above what we’ll be facing this season, so you can’t really judge anyone too harshly on today’s game. I do think he got dragged inside on occasion though, which is his natural CB coming through. That’s what concerns me, he doesn’t look fully natural there. I do agree he’s shown some very good ability on the ball, so I’m not meaning to criticise him, as he looks like a potentially very good footballer. I’m just worried we won’t use him right, he needs to play where he’s comfortable.

I would say Knight got dragged in more, 4-5 occasions they got in early doors, if only there 33 could control a ball. Maybe it’s the tactics as we’ve done that all pre season no matter who’s there ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

I would say Knight got dragged in more, 4-5 occasions they got in early doors, if only there 33 could control a ball. Maybe it’s the tactics as we’ve done that all pre season no matter who’s there ?‍♂️

Oh he definitely did I agree, just wasn’t talking about him. Knight was clearly way out of position by necessity though, so you can forgive him. But they definitely targeted him, as any team would when you’ve got an attacking midfielder at full back. It’s the same issue though, he’s a player used to playing central drifting back there. Roberts definitely kept his man quieter than Knight, but not so sure that’s the best measure. 

It has been a problem for a while to be fair, our full backs drifting inside and getting caught out - it was our biggest defensive issue last season imo. So there’s something in the tactics too, but it’s difficult to rectify at the moment with basically no full backs contracted!

16 hours ago, Curtains said:

9000 is a bit low attendance wise 

282D098A-A869-497A-92C9-6AC79D8C468D.jpegPitch looks great 

12 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Is my memory playing tricks?  Wasn't the Toyota background red?
If that's a new change, it looks the biz!  If not, I look a bit of a prat!  

11 hours ago, Ramos said:

Yeah but don’t think it has been for years aha!! 

Anyone know when the Toyota signage changed from red to black?

This is gonna really, really, really bug me now!   ?

?  

6 hours ago, MickD said:

If they are really cleaver, they will cut through our defense. ☺️

You've been in Canada too long Mick, This is an English board and we spell Defense...Defence, You can take the lad out of Chadd, But you can't take the Chadd out of the lad.

Stay lucky ?

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Anyone know when the Toyota signage changed from red to black?

This is gonna really, really, really bug me now!   ?

?  

Sod it!  This needs it's own thread...

This is more important than it first appeared!  ?