Early signs are good at bradford city

B4ev6is

18 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Presume I’m allowed an opinion on this. I didn’t tell them to do this only suggested this would have been an appropriate course of action.

If they decide not to then that’s on them.

My feeling on this is that it’s not racist but is racially insensitive. (No matter the intention, of course I don’t think this was intentional). I don’t think it has a place. 

The job of an admin is to look into this. 

Yes of course you are allowed and opinion, but you're not a moderator and its not for you to educate or correct peoples posts (Close down peoples freedom of speech), you can of course report a post if you think its unacceptable and let the moderators then decide. 

I still disagree, as does it appear the majority, that the post was racially sensitive, black people themselves including our politicians, sportsmen and women have often said I'm the first black male/female to have achieved this and rightly proud of the fact.......  If they are happy and proud to refer to themselves as a black person, what's the issue? 

What next?  Do we have to stop referring to people as Scottish, Welsh, Irish and English anymore, after all its a descriptor?  It would be different if someone said that English t@*t, that would then make it a racist (xenophobic) comment.

Still no actions from the moderators, so clearly these comments have been seen as fine, had it ever occurred to you that you might have been overly sensitive on this point?  Some people are far too worried about offending people, when there really is no need, the main thing is to be respectful when you communicate directly to or about someone.  If someone doesn't like how you've communicated to them or about them, let them raise the issue, rather than being offended for others, when 9 out of 10 those being allegedly 'protected' wouldn't of raised the issue as there wasn't one!.  

Edited by RAM1966

Daniel lad, don't let this worry you. You posted innocently and with no malice aforethought. That should be the over-riding consideration here.

Don't let them grind you down. Keep on being you. There's nowt wrong with that. A few weeks down the road you'll know who's who and won't be struggling to describe a player. If there is a new one you could always check the team sheet if you're not sure of a name. The new player will be the one whose name you are unfamiliar with. Your enthusiasm has always been infectious. Keep on keepin' on. UTR!

On 11/07/2022 at 10:19, big bad ram said:

Just to clarify, I never once accused B4 of being racist or derogatory towards the player. 

I merely stated that there could have been another way to identify him other than his skin colour.  I have since replied to B4 to acknowledge that he did not mean to cause offence and moved on. 

I suggest the people who seem outraged at my comment to also do the same. 

One poster made the comment

then one poster commented on that post

then lots of posters got upset by the second poster 

but the few who agreed or supported the second poster are now being accused of going into raptures (wtf??)

lots of posters talking about it and at the same time moaning that it’s rumbling on and blaming those that support the second posters point 

well done you 

53 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I am sorry I never meant cause trouble I am sorry sigh

All I wanted to talk about football and that it.?????????????☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹

Mate - please don't let this stress you out at all - you haven't caused trouble at all - we'll never all agree about a topic or the way people speak and the chat that came out if it is just about other people wanting to debate and nothing to do with what you said 

You're always a valued ray of positive support for Derby on this forum as far as I'm concerned and I'd hate to see our bickering upsetting you 

40 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Are you all still banging on about this.

Give it a rest ffs, it's a football forum 

It’s obviously something people feel strongly about

it’s had snidey ish comments but has mainly been respectful - ish 

Feel free to introduce a new interesting point to distract us ??

Edited by norwichram

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I am sorry I never meant cause trouble I am sorry sigh

All I wanted to talk about football and that it.?????????????☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹

B4 I'd just say this, you did no wrong, one one person questioned what you said, but didn't really accuse you of wrong doing. 

You sensibly dealt with it, he dealt with it. You and him both explained yourselves. That should have been the end of it.

Everything is good, it's settled and any part you played in the discussion is long over - you do not need to defend anything you said, and nobody is upset by or because of you.

The best action to take would be to not read any further responses to this thread because even though you created it, and it was a very good thread,  nobody is directly commenting on your posts now, and they haven't been doing so for a good few days.

It is other people with their own issues debating with each other, nobody blames you for them doing this.

Some people just need to argue, it isn't your fault and there's nothing you can or could have done about it 

Almost all of us know your personality and love your posts on here. That is what matters.

Not everybody has read your posts for as many years as other people have, and as such they may not understand the situations you have faced and overcome in life. They will learn, you do not need to. Just continue being yourself 

Edited by Coconut's Beard